1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Richard Sherman Scuffle

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Kohl420, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Kohl420 New Member

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article..._campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true.

As it turns out, the list of NFL players who would like to fightRichard Shermanisn't even devoid of members of his own team.

During just the second day of the Seattle Seahawks' minicamp Wednesday, the fiery cornerback got into it with wide receiver Phil Bates, and the altercation ended with Bates' jersey being torn off and punches being thrown.

Teammates intervened, and Sherman, Earl Thomas, Percy Harvin and Doug Baldwin all got involved in the offense vs. defense civil war.
    Sherman, who has established himself as one of the most talented yet talkative players in the league during his time with Seattle, just can't seem to stay out of the news this offseason.

After signing a massive contract extension in May, he got involved in a publicized back-and-forth on social media with Arizona Cardinals corner Patrick Peterson. Now, this newest incident will give the sports world a whole new talking point as the dog days of summer continue to drag on.

Really, though, this is nothing. Fights and altercations happen in a sport as physical as football, especially when it comes to a team that has proven to be one of the most hard-hitting in the league. It's something that can happen to any team.

“They are such a tight group of guys that they don’t want to give an inch sometimes,” defensive coordinator Dan Quinn told reporters, via SportsPressNW.com. ”Most good teams are close and tight like that where they can practice like that. They were just having fun.”

The link should take you to the video of the fight. I know that in such a competitive and physical sport these things are guaranteed. I've heard it's happened in Baltimore's minicamp, it happened here between Tru and Britt, and I'm there will be a shoving match between players on almost every squad in the offseason. Feel free to discuss if you think it's any different that Sherman is involved. I think he should take a different leadership approach. Also feel free to discuss if this is a good or a bad thing,in terms of building competitiveness or disrupting team chemistry?

First post.

DaveFan'51 and Dieter the Brock like this.
  2. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

wonder if Harvin got a migraine from the scuffle?

3. Kohl420 New Member

There's a video in the link. Not sure how to post it here

4. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Welcome to ROD, kohl!

Kohl420 likes this.
  5. Legatron4 Active Member

I think he was being sarcastic lol Harvin has a history with migraines. Thanks for the article though. It happens to every team. It's just too bad Sherman wasn't a little worse off then he ended up being. I would love to to take a crack at that guys ugly mug.

6. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Sherman should learn how to fight he always seems to get the worst end of these things.

7. Ramrasta The Knight Owl

Hahaha! The image in my mind of that fight when I hear Percy Harvin was involved:
    image.jpg
    We all know if he was really fighting anyone on that defense he would be out 6-8 weeks.

8. LesBaker Mr. Savant

The funny thing is this happened between a DB and WR at the Rams OTA and it wasn't even a blip.

But because it's Sherman, and he is a polarizing guy, and the defending SB champs it becomes "newsworthy".

Yawwwwnnnnnnn right....

9. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

Welcome Kohl.

Kohl420 likes this.
  10. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure if I lined up against Sherman in practice every day I would want to punch him in the mouth too.

Kohl420 and rhinobean like this.
  11. LACHAMP46 Well-Known Member

Looks like the grabbing & holding really is irritating....

Dodgersrf, LesBaker and Elmgrovegnome like this.
  12. LesBaker Mr. Savant

LOL yeah so in practice you can pop him, which you can't do in a game without getting kicked out and fined......so I'm guessing any WR's in the NFL that saw that clip were thinking what you just said and would like to send a tweet out thanking Bates!!!

13. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

I don't ever line up against him and would still like to punch him in the mouth!

14. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

Welcome champ

15. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Like this?

16. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

Yeah, something like that...

17. Rabid Ram Well-Known Member

Hmm pretty sad when even your team us tired of getting mugged and held

18. PowayRamFan Active Member

Williams is a real hot-head, if those two would have knocked each other out, fine by me.

19. Stranger How big is infinity?

Sherman hits like a girl

RamzFanz likes this.
  20. Badfinger New Member

Sherman gettin popped...T. Williams is my new hero ;-)