Richard Sherman Previews Matchup against the Los Angeles Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sherm better get that hold goin on Cooks on every snap, otherwise we won't be hearing about how he wasn't targeted. And I'm sure he's going to get safety help too, that's a lock with Kupp out. Woods should be very active as a result.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Even without kupp our recievers should be able to make s few big plays. Mcvay will throw in double moves and Sherman will bite.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cooks is going to torch Sherman. No contest in a foot race.

Without Kupp, maybe we'll see more targets to Everett and Higbee?

Rams showcased Gurley last week. Goff's turn this week, Goff is playing near his hometown, with lots of friends and relatives in the stands. (Plus he won't be wearing gloves).

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I couldn’t believe that stat I saw about Sherman playing so well this year.

I also can’t believe how many people (including some on this board) have come to the defense of Sherman for that obvious hold when he was juked out of his dreadlocks last Sunday.

I want to see Cooks/Woods juke him all day long tomorrow. So we can all say,

“Why the long face Dick?”

C3FEA784-76E0-42F8-BAE9-14071C687DFC.jpeg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Rams showcased Gurley last week. Goff's turn this week, Goff is playing near his hometown, with lots of friends and relatives in the stands. (Plus he won't be wearing gloves).

I like Everett in this game, his time to shine as well, he's been getting better. Goff did not fumble last week so the Gloves were not a bad thing, but they did seem to effect his passing proficiency and I expect him to rebound too this week.

jap

Legend

Brandin can torch just about any CB the league. Warp Five speed and great route running is a terrifying combination.

It's high time our young TEs started to really earn their keep in this high flying circus. Along with Todd & Malcolm Brown, they are suppose to be our Battering Ram flyboys. Gerald Everett, in particular, looks like the Gurley Man rumbling in slow motion after the catch. I would love! to see him catch fire in the 2nd half of the season.

It will probably be like the GSOT game days where defense picks their own poison. Overload the box against the Gurley Express! and watch helplessly as Brandin & Robert literally take the top off the D for the quick death. Flood the secondary with extra bodies and witness the Gurley Man gash the 9ers silly with the methodical slow death, with an occasional lethal stab at those times when he carves his own path to pay dirt on explosive plays.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sherm better get that hold goin on Cooks on every snap, otherwise we won't be hearing about how he wasn't targeted. And I'm sure he's going to get safety help too, that's a lock with Kupp out. Woods should be very active as a result.

IMO it'll be Woods and Gurley with big games through the air.

I wouldn't be shocked if Gurley has 10+ catches. Same with Woods. I expect McVay to get them the ball.

An early lead means hand it off to Gurley and Brown.

I couldn’t believe that stat I saw about Sherman playing so well this year.

Evidently he is having a good year but overall that defense isn't very good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Well Bubba to be fair the whiners are not going to line Sherm up 1v1 on him without a safety over the top. So I do think Cooks will have a solid day, but it probably won't be go routes and posts it'll be crossing and other stuff underneath. Which is where Sherm is very good btw, the short area handsy control of smaller dudes.

Which is why I agree with @LesBaker that Woods/Gurley are going to feature prominently in the passing game. If we had a good TE or depth WR you could count on I'd say one of them can go off in this one, but the best TE that will be on the field Sunday, sadly, will be Kittle who is wearing the whiner uni.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well Bubba to be fair the whiners are not going to line Sherm up 1v1 on him without a safety over the top. So I do think Cooks will have a solid day, but it probably won't be go routes and posts it'll be crossing and other stuff underneath. Which is where Sherm is very good btw, the short area handsy control of smaller dudes.

Which is why I agree with @LesBaker that Woods/Gurley are going to feature prominently in the passing game. If we had a good TE or depth WR you could count on I'd say one of them can go off in this one, but the best TE that will be on the field Sunday, sadly, will be Kittle who is wearing the whiner uni.

dang

Legend
49ers got nothing to lose. They will be gunning for the Rams so we need to be ready to smack them in the mouth when they come out physical!! I think its Gurley early then spread the ball around - including the TEs and Reynolds (so they better be ready with their A game).