Rich Eisen Show: Do NOT tell Les Snead the Rams are Rebuilding

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I see our schedule is the ninth most difficult based on opponents’ 2022 w-l records. :/

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I know they can’t change division games but how does a team that would have been picking 6 get the 9th hardest schedule???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

You got to like the vision.If you don’t then that’s alright,there will always be differences.

What The Rams gave up to get Matthew Stafford was at a BIG PRICE.The winning of the Superbowl is icing on the cake.Detroit Lions will benefit from the trade.Now it’s on Jared Goff to take advantage of the trade.
AD99 will be fresh & is The Leader of The Rams defense.It’s nice to have him.To think though that Ernest Jones is The Leader on game days pushing players during practice as well on & off the grass.
Kupp & the forgotten one Higbee really add the stability The Rams have had since Mcvay has been The Rams HC.
Add the O”Line under Sean Mcvay has NEVER had more depth.It took to long to prioritize it,but here The Rams are.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This roster is going to be limited. No way around it really. But it's a question of to what extent, and there is room for them to be competitive. Of course you can be competitive and lose 9 or 10 no problem if you lose close games and get blown off the field a few times. But you can also win 9 or 10 if you're competitive.

I don't think we're gonna win that many. Somewhere around 6 plus or minus a couple feels appropriate, but if our OL or defense are better than expected we could really surprise.

Either way I'm excited. I don't need my team to be a fucking favorite to look forward to the season. If that was the case I'd be a fan of another team by now, no way I would have survived the 90s.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
There's 17 games.

How good will the Colts be? Washington? Arizona (twice)? Green Bay? Pittsburgh? New Orleans?

Will Geno have a 2nd career year? Did Dallas improve? Does it matter? Are the Giants good? The team that finished 3-6-1 and backed into the playoffs managing to beat the over rated Vikings?

How about the "Big Boys,"? There's no quicker route from dominant to disappointing than injuries. SF. Philly. Will those two favorites in the NFC stay healthy. Will Purdy show any ill effects?

Does anybody fear Cleveland? Baltimore? Did the Bengals get better? Worse? Detroit improved but we don't play them. Seattle does though. Let's see the first four weeks and we could change our expectations.

The NFL is unpredictable.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know they can’t change division games but how does a team that would have been picking 6 get the 9th hardest schedule???
Because it is really on 3 games that aren't pre-determined.

6 Division Games
4 games against another division in your conference (rotating on a 3 year basis)
4 games against a division in the other conference (rotating on a 4 year basis)
That is 14 of your 17 games. The other 3 are the only ones based on where you finished in your division

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our season depends on how good of a year Stafford has.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
6 Division Games
Re: those division games I don't like the look of the Seattle or SF matchups. Just hard to imagine we're gonna stop either run game. But you never know. This might be the season we take two from SF then still end up with like 5 wins.

I'd really like to see us find a NT addition. The young kids they have coming in are gonna be fine I'm sure on that DL but we are lacking beef.

Tano

Legend
6 wins with a plus minus ratio of 3 - yeah it could go either way for our team this year

Hoping for the best tho

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
No GM wants to use the dreaded "R" word. In reality the Rams are setting themselves up for the future by sacrificing this season. If you don't wanna call it rebuilding, then fine. Call it what it is. You don't expect to compete in 2023.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

6 Division Games
4 games against another division in your conference (rotating on a 3 year basis)
That is 14 of your 17 games. The other 3 are the only ones based on where you finished in your division
I thought those games against other division you get based on the previous year for the teams in the division.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I see our schedule is the ninth most difficult based on opponents’ 2022 w-l records. :/
The upside...there are always a half-dozen teams that fall-off year over year. We can never know for sure who they are but we know they are out there.

Schedule could potentially not be as tough as first appears.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

6 Division Games

Plus this year it's AFC North and NFC East. 6 more teams with winning records.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You never know who will surprise and who will fall off from year to year. I believe in 2017 all 4 NFC division winners finished 3rd in 2016.