Ricardo Lockette to Retire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My bad, I was thinking Tyler Lockette

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
He played with quite a bit of reckless abandon. Didn't he suffer a pretty bad neck injury within the last few seasons.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My bad, I was thinking Tyler Lockette
giphy.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/...tiring-from-the-nfl-after-serious-neck-injury

wow. Sorry to have read this:

...Ricardo Lockette never fully recovered from the vicious hit he took on special teams last November, and now his career is over. and... he's no longer able to rotate his head.

That sucks for him. As someone who has limited head movement I really sympathize with him. It is very difficult to have to go from being a physical person that exercised most of their adult life and played hard to having neck trouble that involves limited movement. It is a life changer. I hope he copes well and his problems don't worsen.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That sucks for him. As someone who has limited head movement I really sympathize with him. It is very difficult to have to go from being a physical person that exercised most of their adult life and played hard to having neck trouble that involves limited movement. It is a life changer. I hope he copes well and his problems don't worsen.

For everybody who complains about how much NFL players get paid, here is evidence they don't get paid enough. It's hard, dangerous work - that we are paying billions to watch.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/...tiring-from-the-nfl-after-serious-neck-injury

wow. Sorry to have read this:

...Ricardo Lockette never fully recovered from the vicious hit he took on special teams last November, and now his career is over. and... he's no longer able to rotate his head.

really sad and really scary that if anyone had come over and even just pulled his arm he could of died on the field.. only 29 and he's gotta deal with that the rest of his life