RGIII says he turned down offers from the Cardinals and Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-down-offers-from-the-cardinals-and-ravens/

Robert Griffin III says he turned down offers from the Cardinals and Ravens
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 14, 2017

Robert Griffin III hasn’t found a new NFL home since the Browns cut him in the offseason, but he says he could have played for the Cardinals and Ravens.

“I had an offer from Arizona, and also from Baltimore,” Griffin said on ESPN’s SC6.

So why did he turn down those offers? Griffin said the Cardinals had too many quarterbacks on the roster and he didn’t think he would get any practice time as a fourth-stringer. And he said Baltimore made him an offer right before its preseason opener against his original team, Washington, and wanted him to start in that game. Griffin said he didn’t think he would have adequate time to prepare in the Ravens’ offense, so he turned it down.

Griffin understood that he might have been turning down his only offers.

“I had interest in the offseason,” Griffin said. “It just wasn’t the right fit and I had to make that decision for myself to say, ‘Look, if I don’t accept this offer, there’s a chance I won’t play football this year.’ And I would talk to my family, and I was OK with that, OK with the fact that it might happen.”

Griffin did say, however, that he would love to sign with a team right now and hopes a playoff contender that needs a quarterback will consider him.

“I love football. I miss the game,” Griffin said. “I am ready. So I haven’t given up on 2017 yet. There are some teams that need help and may need help going into the playoffs.”

But it’s hard to understand why a team that needs help in the playoffs would call Griffin now, if he was telling the Ravens four months ago that he needs adequate practice time to be ready for a preseason game.

If Griffin wanted to play in the NFL in 2017, his best bet was to accept one of those offers in the offseason and prove himself in training camp. And his best bet going forward will be not to turn down any offers in 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-griffin-a-deal-near-start-of-training-camp/

Ravens offered Griffin a deal near start of training camp
Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2017

Robert Griffin III claims that the Ravens offered him a contract this year. And indeed they did.

Per a league source, the offer came at or about the start of training camp. The terms aren’t known, but Griffin obviously wasn’t offered enough to get him to accept the deal. (Griffin contends that the offer came shortly before the preseason opener against Washington.)

The Ravens publicly debated the possibility of signing Colin Kaepernick after a back problem kept Joe Flacco out of camp for multiple weeks. The Ravens ultimately didn’t sign Kaepernick; according to former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, a tweet from Kaepernick’s girlfriendthat attacked Lewis and owner Steve Bisciotti derailed the move.

The claim that the Cardinals offered Griffin a contract seems more unrealistic, given Griffin’s skill set and the contours of the Bruce Arians offense.

Griffin added in an appearance on ESPN that he hasn’t given up on playing in 2017. Given the inevitable risk of injury, the phone may eventually ring. It’s a bit surprising that the Eagles have decided not to explore adding Griffin or any other veteran quarterbacks, opting instead to ride with Nick Foles and Nate Sudfeld.

We’ll find out whether that bold strategy works for the Eagles soon, beginning with Sunday’s game against the Giants.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He is in no position to be choosie on where he wants to go, wth. He just burned every bridge he possibly could to get his foot back in the door. Good luck trying to find a regular job with that attitude.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't turn down two NFL opportunities before the season, and then say "I wanna play for a winner now...."

Get the Fukk outta here!
~NFL

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He didn’t want to play in a hard hitting division. He’s scared of competition. He’s a puss.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Browns cut him and they had Deshone Kizer and Cody Kessler on the roster so you can't blame them for moving on from him hahahaha.

He's been nothing but a bust..........anyone still want to complain about that trade???

He played in 37 games, started 35, threw 40 TD's and was 14-21 as a starter.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So one offer he turned down because he would have begun as 4th string, and didn't think he could showcase himself. The other he turned down because he would be starting too soon, and might look bad?

Yeah, that's going to convince teams that he has the fire and drive needed to succeed. He's toast.

Flint

Pro Bowler
RG3 was on several shows today so I figured he was trying to get a job as an analyst on some network, then he starts saying he coulda been on a team, he had offers yada yada, and I just couldn’t listen to the guy. It doesn’t sound like he’s changed at all from when he announced he wasn’t a running qb. Whenever I hear the guy I just think he’s full of it, the guys he played with probably feel the same way.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
meredithrg3111.jpg

@Selassie I :rimshot:

PatDaddy13

Rookie
Guy had bust written all over him coming out of college. If he's not lying about those offers and turning them down it's safe to say he's never setting foot on an NFL field again.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
No change in attitude. Tried to blame it on the situation. What's he expecting given his exit. Oh yeah, to be number 2 on a playoff team? Hilarious.

If he didn't think he'd get snaps because of gabbert and Stanton then he's crazy. Maybe hed have to work for it but hed get snaps and it would his chance to prove himself, which I guess he doesn't think he has to do at this point. Bad choice. If he had the work ethic and drive in addition to the talent HE thinks he has, he could be running that offense by now and with palmers condition of ramitis clouding his future in AZ, rg3 would have a realistic chance of handing off to one of the best rbs in the league next September. What a dumbass.

Refusing Baltimore may be even worse. There he would've started at least in preseason according to him. Prepare as best you can and if it wasn't enough time maybe mention it afterward but for gods sake get in the game if you still want to play at this level. Reality check kid. The factory of sadness is happier without you as a 3rd string player and Miami signed cutler to start. You should be all over any chance you get to be on a professional roster, even if its in Canada.