RG3 suffers significant ankle injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Hope he recovers. He has some of the worst luck when it comes to injuries, a lot like Bradford. It was a smart move on our part to take the trade, because he can't stay on the field.

I wouldn't say it is the worst luck. It's just par for the course for a running QB with twig legs. That said, Shannahan did him no favors.

And I never imagined RGWhine would be long for this league.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I wouldn't say it is the worst luck. It's just par for the course for a running QB with twig legs. That said, Shannahan did him no favors.

And I never imagined RGWhine would be long for this league.

A lot of his injuries have nothing to do with him running though. Like that one had nothing to do with him scrambling. Could have happened any time he threw, he landed awkwardly.

RamsFan14

Starter
A lot of his injuries have nothing to do with him running though. Like that one had nothing to do with him scrambling. Could have happened any time he threw, he landed awkwardly.

The hit he took against Haloti Ngata year 1 was a scrambling play if I remember correctly, but the injury where he tore his ACL was def not from scrambling. However, I'm assuming his knee was a bit weaker from the Ngata hit. Either way, it really stinks to see this. Bradford and RG3 have some common traits: both pretty talented but can't stay on the field. I was kind of against RG3, but I don't want to see this. It does make our trade with the Redskins a bit more justifiable, but I mean... Idk. Kinda stinks to see this.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I feel he, like Bradford should just quit while he's ahead, him especially because he won't cut down on the style of play that keeps getting him injured. They're already doomed to have shorter and harder lives, why make it worse when your body's showing it can't keep up?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Man that sucks for Washington and RG3

Never nice to see your QB, or any player for that matter, get injured like that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cousins is playing well. I'll give him that.

RamsFan14

Starter
RG3 limps off the field with an apparent concussion.

Sincerely,

Adam Schefter

From what it's worth, what Schefter reported about Bradford the day the injury happened wasn't false information at the time. The Rams felt like they avoided an ACL injury because there was no swelling in his knee and that Bradford could walk just fine. Schefter was merely doing his job, he reported what he heard. It stinks that it was technically false information in the end, but it wasn't his fault.

RamsFan14

Starter
I feel he, like Bradford should just quit while he's ahead, him especially because he won't cut down on the style of play that keeps getting him injured. They're already doomed to have shorter and harder lives, why make it worse when your body's showing it can't keep up?

HELL TO THE NO! Lol I see what you're saying to a degree, but no I hope that doesn't happen. If both players love the game as much as they do, they'll be back next year busting there butts off to show ppl they can play. Weather they play up to there standards is another topic, but I don't think there will to play are a question, they want to be good.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
rG3 might end up a career backup. He is so used to his athleticism that he doesn't pay attention on how to be a quarterback the reading defenses and pocket presence. Now with this latest injury you have to wonder if his athleticism is going to return. Until he learns how to play the Qb position he should be a back up. I have more faith in Bradford for the simple fact that he is a pocket passer. So with That said would you trade for Rg3

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
dP3KVgh.gif
:ROFLMAO:
Sorry -X- i missed this post and this thread...and you know why?
200.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hate to see athletes get maimed, but I'm so over the Washington Redskins in general anymore. Trade is complete, they're not in our division...i'd rather see that cocky little Minnesota team get a beatdown every week to be honest. They're my new favorite bitch.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, to be fair, it's against the vaunted Jacksonville defense.

Regardless the Jaguar defense is truly not that bad, their offense is. Stop with excuses I realize you need more than a one game sample, but let's see how Cousins plays the rest of the year and then see if many would rather have Keenum?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless the Jaguar defense is truly not that bad, their offense is. Stop with excuses I realize you need more than a one game sample, but let's see how Cousins plays the rest of the year and then see if many would rather have Keenum?

Today, they are. They're not covering anyone and the pass rush hasn't been getting there consistently. As I said, he's playing well today. We'll see where he goes from there.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
It's amazing that Bradford and RG3 had such great rookie seasons and are now on the verge of being done. It's really a shame... these two guys really have what it takes to be great NFL quarterbacks, but injuries ruined them. It's always terrible when true talent is wasted. RG3 was so fun to watch at the top of his game.