RG3 free in 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes, but you're much more likely to find your QB in the 1st than anywhere else. And I'm not sure about the long-term viability of any of those guys in the starting role due to health and performance.

I wouldn't necessarily move up for a QB unless it's Mariota. With how many wins we may very well wind up with though, I hope we'll still have a chance at Hundley.
The success rate is not great either way I guess. Different perspectives for sure. I would only take Mariota if he fell and maybe not then.
This offseason is going to be interesting regarding QB this offseason for the Rams.

Watercop

UDFA
I would be willing to bet that Sam Bradford would have a lot more attention as a Free Agent that RG3 would. At least Sam doesn't have the drawback of the appearance of being a bad teammate!

moklerman

Warner-phile
He may not redo it at all in which case it makes sense to cut him to save $12M vs the cap. I guess it depends on the amount of the pay cut. He will not have much value as a FA. It may suit his interests to take a pay cut as opposed to just getting cut.
Something I don't see mentioned much is what is two years worth of surgery and rehab worth? I mean yeah, he got paid not to play but he's had to go through some grueling times off the field so I wonder if he'll feel compelled to give anything back? Fans see it as money for no production but I'm sure a player feels like he's earned that money at the cost of his knee.

fearsomefour

Legend
Something I don't see mentioned much is what is two years worth of surgery and rehab worth? I mean yeah, he got paid not to play but he's had to go through some grueling times off the field so I wonder if he'll feel compelled to give anything back? Fans see it as money for no production but I'm sure a player feels like he's earned that money at the cost of his knee.
I agree. Both sides agreed to the contract. He lived up to his end. Injury is part of the game. By all accounts he did everything he was supposed to with his rehab.
I don't see any big dollars out there for him. That (if true) may have more to do with a pay cut than loyalty.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Not sure I fully understand the RG3 hate. Seems like a decent guy to me. I really think the selfish talk is being blown out of proportion and taken out of context by the media... the d-bag Mike Florio types.

I know we were rooting against Washington hoping we'd get better draft picks, but I've always wanted to see RG3 get back on track. I think any football fan should want that...he's an incredible talent and very entertaining to watch. It's really a shame that such amazing potential will probably be unfulfilled.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Not sure I fully understand the RG3 hate. Seems like a decent guy to me. I really think the selfish talk is being blown out of proportion and taken out of context by the media... the d-bag Mike Florio types.

I know we were rooting against Washington hoping we'd get better draft picks, but I've always wanted to see RG3 get back on track. I think any football fan should want that...he's an incredible talent and very entertaining to watch. It's really a shame that such amazing potential will probably be unfulfilled.
The kid doesn't know the meaning of the word humble. Until he gets that right he'll never be a good nfl QB

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Didn't they give up 2 first round picks for RGIII? The first one they didn't exacly give up they exchanged a 6(?) for a 2
Yeah - they gave up their 2013 and 2014 1st rounders and their #2 pick in 2012 in exchange for trading #1 positions in 2012. I loved that we got a 2nd overall pick last year as part of all the other picks. In essence we got 5 starters and Stedman Baily out of the deal.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Redskins got RG3 for three 1s and a 2.
The way I look at it they gave up 2 first round picks and one second round. They didnt give up their 2012 1st round pick they improved it. Its like if you gave me 3 dollars for 1 dollar youve only lost 2 dollars.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - they gave up their 2013 and 2014 1st rounders and their #2 pick in 2012 in exchange for trading #1 positions in 2012. I loved that we got a 2nd overall pick last year as part of all the other picks. In essence we got 5 starters and Stedman Baily out of the deal.
Yup thats what I was getting at. Love the trade nonetheless I just think its odd to say they gave up 3 1st rounders. But as you said, trade was awesome for the Rams

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way I look at it they gave up 2 first round picks and one second round. They didnt give up their 2012 1st round pick they improved it. Its like if you gave me 3 dollars for 1 dollar youve only lost 2 dollars.

You're mixing profit and cost. You gave up $3...that's the cost...for the $1. The profit...well, in this hypothetical, it's a loss...is $2.

It's all semantics. But if you're discussing what they GAVE UP for RGIII, it's three firsts and a second...since RGIII is the asset rather than the pick. If you're discussing what they gave up to MOVE UP from #6 to #2, it's two firsts and a second. If you're discussing what they gave up for #2, it's three firsts and a second.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're mixing profit and cost. You gave up $3...that's the cost...for the $1. The profit...well, in this hypothetical, it's a loss...is $2.

It's all semantics. But if you're discussing what they GAVE UP for RGIII, it's three firsts and a second...since RGIII is the asset rather than the pick. If you're discussing what they gave up to MOVE UP from #6 to #2, it's two firsts and a second. If you're discussing what they gave up for #2, it's three firsts and a second.
But moving up from 6 to 2 is what they did....why wouldn't it be discussed as such?

Either way, thats the way I chose to look at it hence why I said "the way I look at it"

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A discussion about English 101 (semantics) and Economics 101 ( creative accounting), in one fell swoop... Using new math that adds up to 7 credit hours...Nicely played...

lockdnram21

Legend
I still think he's going to be a good qb. Hell don't understand the hate. He accomplished more then Bradford. Give him a decent line and he will be ok. I would take him for a 3rd or 5th

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But moving up from 6 to 2 is what they did....why wouldn't it be discussed as such?

Either way, thats the way I chose to look at it hence why I said "the way I look at it"

Best way I can explain it is this...RGIII was the #2 pick...not the 4 spots they moved up. The two first round picks and the second were equal to those 4 spots in terms of price. Whereas the price on RGIII(#2) was #6, 1st, 1st, and 2nd.

If you buy a steak from the grocery store(and the steak is worth $10) for $13, you don't say that you gave up $3 for the steak. You gave up $13 for the steak.

Think of it like that. RGIII is a commodity in this sense. And in order to get that commodity, the Redskins had to give us three firsts and a second.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Best way I can explain it is this...RGIII was the #2 pick...not the 4 spots they moved up. The two first round picks and the second were equal to those 4 spots in terms of price. Whereas the price on RGIII(#2) was #6, 1st, 1st, and 2nd.

If you buy a steak from the grocery store(and the steak is worth $10) for $13, you don't say that you gave up $3 for the steak. You gave up $13 for the steak.

Think of it like that. RGIII is a commodity in this sense. And in order to get that commodity, the Redskins had to give us three firsts and a second.
Are we talking T-bone or New York?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
RGIII has his problems but Jay Gruden is a jerk. Way to inspire the team...Not!
and Snead is a football genius, he took Washington to the cleaners and his drafts just keep getting better and better.