RG3 + Browns =???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
With the RG3 situation going on right now.... Say the browns end up signing him and passing on a QB at #2 does that make you feel like alot of people saying there is no qb in this draft worthy of a top pick are right or does it make you feel we have a better chance to get our franchise quarterback?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would make me say that once again the Browns were idiotic, and they deserve their nickname of the factory of sadness.

Signing RG3 as a stop gap is fine. But counting on him, when he has flamed out in one franchise already, and when the Browns have been trying to get a franchise QB for years, is idiotic. If he works out, they could keep him and trade the prospect in a year or two, or trade him for a ton and play the kid.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Signing RG3 probably won't have much impact on them taking a QB.

Now Kapernick, that might be different depending on if they renegotiate his contract.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly, but I'd go the optimistic route and suggest that this is evidence that the Browns want to win as quickly as possible. Signing rg3 and then trading up for Paxton lynch or Connor cook covers both bases. Maybe rg3 can get you 8-8,9-7 or better while you groom the future of your position. If he plays well then you have you young developed qb as trade bait. If he fails miserably then you have a young developed qb to take over. This is exactly what we should've done IMO. But if it does happen then I hope the ram trade up to about 6 for goff or wentz

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the RG3 situation going on right now.... Say the browns end up signing him and passing on a QB at #2 does that make you feel like alot of people saying there is no qb in this draft worthy of a top pick are right or does it make you feel we have a better chance to get our franchise quarterback?
" Can I chose 'None of the above!?!" I, for one, am just not sure, on either of these points!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

No. It tells me that Cleveland still can't evaluate QBs...

/drops mic

FRO

Legend
It means the Browns are doing their due diligence on QBs trying to ensure they get a franchise one. How easily people forget how good RGIII was in 2012. If he drops the diva attitude and learns how to read defenses he could be rehabbed into a franchise QB. The Arizona Cardinals rehabbed Carson Palmer into their franchise guy. I see no downside in a team like the Browns exploring their options with RGIII and drafting a QB at two. When you need one you go get two and if both of them present themselves as quality options then you have a high priced trade chip. If RGIII fails then you are out some money. I do not see the downside there and I'm shocked the Rams aren't doing the same due diligence.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it guarantees they take a QB at #2 if they do sign him
He'll get a season to prove he's got game and eligible for a trade when the Rook shows he's ready.
Or he proves he's worth keeping and they dish off the Rook.
He sure knows first hand that being drafted #1 doesn't guarantee your spot on a team, being the best QB on the team does...

FRO

Legend
The Browns are picking a QB at 2. No doubt about. They just know from experience that drafting one doesn't mean the problem is solved. They are exhausting all resources to get a QB. Smart move by them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
99% chance the Browns draft a QB at #2.

The only reason I give 1% otherwise, is because they're the Browns.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
They also might really like Connor Cook and not see that much difference between Cook and Wentz/Goof.

If that's the case... and some don't see much difference between them, then I could totally see Cleveland going Jaylen Ramsey with that #2 and using that 2nd rounder to grab Cook presuming they don't try to trade back up into the 1st to grab Cook.

Seriously, this draft is becoming a Rohrschach test and I swear, I feel like I'm trying to take it on acid...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Only 5 more weeks of this....

gaah_164157731.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They also might really like Connor Cook and not see that much difference between Cook and Wentz/Goof.

They might like Cook, yes. But there is no way they don't see the difference between him and Wentz/Goff. It is a significant dropoff.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It's the Browns... They drafted Johnny Manziel. I can hope they blow it...

I can hope Tennessee drafts Tunsil and Cleveland takes Ramsey with an eye toward Cook.

It's not a great hope, but it's the Browns...their capacity to screw it up adds to our hopes...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think RG3 pegs them for a round 2 QB.

Also worth mentioning that Hue Jackson had success with the Bengals....who drafted their QB high in round 2. So Jackson has seen first hand that it can be done - and when you're a franchise that has struck out on first round QBs as much as the Browns have, I just take the BPA with #2

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Put it this way. If it changes their mind any way at all - even a teeny bit - they're the same old Browns. I have more respect for Hue Jackson than to think that's the case.