Rex Ryan and Trestman want to team up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Who says he gets another HC gig???

FRO

Legend
That would be a great combo. If I'm Atlanta I jump all over that.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That's the kind of combo I really, really hope the '9ers don't get.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's honestly a great pair. Trestman has a very lukewarm personality but is brilliant with QBs and the offense. Ryan is brilliant with the defense, a great motivator, and an outlandish personality but terrible with QBs and the offense. It's a good combo.

FRO

Legend
That's honestly a great pair. Trestman has a very lukewarm personality but is brilliant with QBs and the offense. Ryan is brilliant with the defense, a great motivator, and an outlandish personality but terrible with QBs and the offense. It's a good combo.
Would be a perfect fit for Atlanta.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's honestly a great pair. Trestman has a very lukewarm personality but is brilliant with QBs and the offense.

Sir, just exactly what Quarterback has Trestman been brilliant with?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, is this topic about a ménage à trois? Eew.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Any QB on the 2013 Bears.

I disagree about Trestman when you look at his resume, it's very pedestrian and he was so bad that's why he went to the CFL. Again I was shocked pundits had a high opinion because IMO, he was another assistant that always seem to come with accolades without accomplishing anything.

Failed in the NFL then failed in college then to the CFL and won a couple of titles and all of the sudden he's a genius again, well, he wasn't and lasted two years in Chicago. If Rex falls for this fools gold, he'll be made a fool once again.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree about Trestman when you look at his resume, it's very pedestrian and he was so bad that's why he went to the CFL. Again I was shocked pundits had a high opinion because IMO, he was another assistant that always seem to come with accolades without accomplishing anything.

Failed in the NFL then failed in college then to the CFL and won a couple of titles and all of the sudden he's a genius again, well, he wasn't and lasted two years in Chicago. If Rex falls for this fools gold, he'll be made a fool once again.

In 10 years as an OC/HC, Trestman's team has finished in the top 3 in PPG four times and outside the top 20 four times.

Seems like a mixed bag to me.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In 10 years as an OC/HC, Trestman's team has finished in the top 3 in PPG four times and outside the top 20 four times.

Seems like a mixed bag to me.

You go by stats I go by my eyes....It would seem that on the surface Trestman would be the best offensive coordinator Ryan would be teamed with and maybe Trestman would be much better now a days, but IMO, most of the time I don't have a fond memory of a team at the NFL level or collegiality coordinated by the esteemed Mr. Trestman.

BTW I can totally see Arthur Blank hiring Ryan as Head Coach and Trestman being the offensive coordinator. And with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones it would be difficult to screw that up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You go by stats I go by my eyes

choofed.gif

I think you have me confused with someone else. :LOL: