Retired C John Sullivan Looks Like a Safety Now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter

John Sullivan joined the Rams in 2017 as part of the team’s makeover when Sean McVay arrived. He spent two years as the starting center, but last offseason, the Rams declined his option for 2019 and he became a free agent.

While he didn’t officially announce his retirement from the NFL, it’s safe to say he’s not going back to playing football. Sullivan has slimmed down considerably, shedding more than 70 pounds since the last time he suited up.

He shared this photo on Instagram showing his new physique, saying that he’s down to 240 pounds. He was last listed at 312 pounds when he was with the Rams.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qh02kFAz2/?igshid=fcg53y03xfn4

Here’s a photo of Sullivan before Super Bowl LIII a year ago, just to show his transformation.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4IBs8l858/?igshid=q32hlbztud86

Sullivan isn’t the first player to drop significant weight after leaving the NFL. Joe Thomas did the same, as has former Colts center Jeff Saturday. Both have transitioned to analyst careers.

Some fans were holding out hope last season that Sullivan might re-join the Rams after Brian Allen landed on IR, but it’s now clear that was never going to happen.

———
i gues he doesn't need stroids anymore

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just saw oldschool had posted same article in whitworth thread.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I so don't need the pic to know that he's way smaller.

Diet and drugs is what's putting these guys over 300 LBs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I bet he's happy. Tying up his shoelaces will be so much easier now.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Not shocking, lineman are basically required to eat 6000+ calories daily. Even halfing that will result in extreme weight lose.