Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
09df10b792f27e6fc4051e6e4dd490ab.jpeg
AP
If Jay Gruden really is done with quarterbackRobert Griffin III, does that mean Griffin’s days in Washington are numbered?

Not necessarily. The other option is that Gruden’s days in Washington are numbered.

And according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post, that’s a possibility. In the latest of what is becoming an all-too-frequent stream of quotes from unnamed sources, a team official tells Reid that Gruden could be “one and done,” a team official said, meaning Gruden could be fired even though he’s just wrapping up the first year of his five-year contract.

The issue is that while Gruden appears to have concluded that Griffin isn’t the right person to be the franchise quarterback, owner Dan Snyder and G.M. Bruce Allen may not be on board with that conclusion. And if Snyder and Allen ultimately decide that they want Griffin to be their quarterback, while Gruden is adamant that he can’t win with Griffin, Snyder and Allen may decide to move on.

It wouldn’t be the first time a coach is one-and-done on Snyder’s team. Snyder fired Marty Schottenheimer after just one season in 2001. That precipitated the hiring of Steve Spurrier. It remains to be seen which coach Snyder thinks could turn his team around this time.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
TMZ jumps aboard the anti-RG3 bandwagon

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2014, 12:33 PM EST
griffin7.jpg
Getty Images
The hits keep coming from all quarters for embattled Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Stories citing unnamed sources questioning Griffin’s ability and work ethic have become so commonplace that even TMZ has jumped into the mix, with a story quoting an unnamed player on the team ripping into Griffin.

“No one is happy . . . no one gets the hype around him anymore. . . . I don’t see him being in the NFL for that long. . . . I think he goes into politics. He’s good at that kinda thing,” the player tells TMZ.

It’s surprising to see TMZ report on this kind of story because when TMZ covers the NFL, it’s usually breaking stories about players’ lives away from the game, be it in the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson legal cases or stories about players’ personal lives. It’s unusual to see TMZ report on a player’s popularity within his own locker room.

As Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post notes, however, one particular Washington player seems to have a relationship with TMZ: DeSean Jackson, who talks to TMZ about everything from his side business breeding dogs to how much money he spends on jewelry.

The TMZ headline also refers to the unnamed player bad-mouthing Griffin as a “star.” There aren’t many stars on the roster in Washington (some would say there aren’t any stars on the roster in Washington), but Jackson is about the closest thing the team has to a star. And one TMZ quote in particular, in which the unnamed teammate says he’s frustrated with Griffin because “We don’t have that real rapport,” sounds like the kind of thing a receiver would say about a quarterback. Jackson’s stats this season have been better when Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoyare throwing to him than when Griffin is throwing to him.

We don’t know and may never know who the player talking to TMZ about Griffin is, but just as Steve Young’s criticisms of Griffin seemed to be coming from Mike Shanahan, it doesn’t require a huge leap to infer that TMZ’s criticisms of Griffin may be coming from Jackson.

In any event, this surely won’t be the last time we see a story in which unnamed sources in Washington bad-mouth Griffin. It’s open season on RG3.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Snyder is destined to keep losing if he keeps meddling.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ohhhhh, this is EXACTLY what we want to hear on the eve of playing them! :sneaky:

The natives are restless! (sorry, that's just wrong of me)

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Snyder just can't seem to get out of his own way. But hey, he's worth billions so I'm sure he could care less about public, private or any other sentiment that doesn't mirror his own

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If Griffin was actually healthy - and could STAY healthy - then it would be a good idea to get a HC who's had success with quarterbacks.
But that's not the case. Exclusive of that, I don't think Gruden is a good head coach either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good luck to Snyder finding a decent HC that wants to deal with him if he does this after his history of being a meddling idiot.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If anyone needs to be fired in that organization, it's Dan Snyder if he has any intentions of firing Gruden. Mike Shanahan benched RG3 for a reason and same with Jay Gruden. I don't think anyone wants to take that coaching job with RG3 thinking he's head and shoulders above the organization.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is hilarious. They are more of a circus than the Jets were/are.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A few comments on this topic from the folks over at ExtremeSkins:
http://es.redskins.com/topic/385440-pft-report-snyder-allen-may-side-with-rg3-and-fire-gruden/

This is rather difficult to comprehend, if Snyder chooses RGIII over Grudes then we are forever screwed. No one will want to coach this mess in 2015.
----------
Yeah. I really, really don't like Gruden. Didn't like the hire in the first place, and he has amazingly been much worse than I thought he'd be. And downright unlikeable to boot.

But if that's the reason he's fired it's beyond shameful.

I would expect much more from this fine organiza........... Hahahaha. Just kidding about that part.
---------
Money talks and Snyder has a lot of it. Someone will come in and take $20 mil. from him. Don't worry about that lol
--------
Literally nothing could be worse for RG3's perception

2 coaches killed in 3 years
---------
Not to mention the money owed on Gruden's contract. Is Snyder willing to pay all that dead money?

He needs to decide what's more important: his friendship with a 24 year old broken QB, or his head coach.

Live or die dan, the choice is yours.
---------
I don't think RGIII is here long-term either way he's just an easy target as far as scapegoating goes. I think Snyder believes he made a major mistake hiring him and coupled with Jim Harbaugh being available this isn't the least bit surprising to me.
---------
It is not every day that people just flush millions invested in a player down the toilet...unless you are Oakland.
-------
Typical article showing Snyder being stupid. Once again however, the story comes from unnamed sources. The drama never stops.
---------
The idea that you could possibly fire Gruden without firing Allen is laughable. Which means that is probably exactly what they will do. I really wish one of these teams would move to a different city and adopt a new name/colors because I really think I could switch. Seriously.
---------
I say clean house. My dream scenario.

GM- Eric Decosta
Head Coach- Gus Malzahn
OC-Rhett Lashlee
DC- Rex Ryan

I really want our team to be ahead of the curve. I want a bright innovative coach who is a excellent X and O coach. They practice fast and play fast. Malzahn is one of the very best minds in football. The Eagles have opened the door for uptempo offenses i'd love for Dan to knock it down.
---------
So is Haz gonna go with him? If so, I'll call it a wash. Otherwise, wow, this organization is the most poorly run anything ever. But, that's what Redskins football has become, right? A broken QB with an owner so deep in his ass he's eating second hand Subway. Yup, let's fire the coach, again. That'll fix it. Thanks, Dan.
---------
I'm not totally sold on Robert's long term prospects but with that being said I really don't like Gruden either.

In fact, I think Gruden's an ass.....but that's just me.
---------
We need an ass to coach these pansies, whiners and arrogant show offs who have done nothing in this league yet think they're amazing. Except, guess what? Our owner wants them pampered instead. Because, you know, they are amazing in his eyes. If they're not playing up to that it's "befuddling" and "confusing" for him. And clearly it's the coaches fault. Him and his FO who hired these coaches in the first place just made an innocent mistake, they were tricked!
---------
Synder can go F*** himself! I'm so sick of this sh**! I want a winning organization with an owner who has the sense to stay the hell out of football decisions like the Ravens. ENOUGH OF THE BS!!
---------
If this team fires Gruden for RG3.. the backlash will be immense.

Fans and Media alike will flay this team.

If RG3 then fails as the last few years, the stadium selling tickets for 3$ will be a HIGH point.
--------
I don't even want to begin to count the amount of missteps our ****ed up front office has made. I'm hosting a damned bonfire tonight and my Griffin throwback is the starter fluid.
-------
Rg3 is annoying and people are tired of him giving advice and not being able to take it. If he was standing in the middle of Iowa he would be the corniest thing in the state.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Choosing RG3 over Gruden would be slightly less stupid than choosing Zygmunt over Martz.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If they off Gruden, think of the entitlement feelings RG OOO will have then...That might well accelerate the death spiral for both him and the Natives...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Collectively, Snyder, Gruden, and RG3 are not worth much. If they all left the franchise, Washington would be in better shape.

Athos

Legend
How many coaches does that turd nugget get to fire? This is hilarious.