Report: Rams to hire new coach/GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
Wtf idk how this guy would get that info, but I really hope its not true.
BD is certainly not the problem at all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kevin Acee has the jump on the entire St Louis media, NFL.com, and ESPN? Wow. Guess we'll have to see if there's any merit to this. It kinda contradicts other reports from the guys he's allegedly looking to replace, but it's a story nonetheless.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Report: Kevin Acee has as many league sources as my dog.

My dog has informed me that Kevin Acee makes up stupid shit and says every bad team is looking to blow up their roster/coaching staff/front office in order to generate hits, and conversation in order to distract from the San Diego Chargers dropping from a Super Bowl caliber team to one that might be lucky to see the playoffs.

superfan24

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:

My dog has informed me that Kevin Acee makes up stupid shyte and says every bad team is looking to blow up their roster/coaching staff/front office in order to generate hits, and conversation in order to distract from the San Diego Chargers dropping from a Super Bowl caliber team to one that might be lucky to see the playoffs.

ok that makes me feel better

bluecoconuts

Legend
superfan24 said:
bluecoconuts said:

My dog has informed me that Kevin Acee makes up stupid shyte and says every bad team is looking to blow up their roster/coaching staff/front office in order to generate hits, and conversation in order to distract from the San Diego Chargers dropping from a Super Bowl caliber team to one that might be lucky to see the playoffs.

ok that makes me feel better

Seriously, I'd put money he couldn't correctly pronounce Hoomanawanui, and therefore I can say I can put money he doesn't know shit about the Rams.

I'm not going to say that Spagnuolo is 100% safe, but Kroenke isn't a stupid guy, he's going to look at the team, the situation and make a judgement call based on all the different circumstances that occurred over the season. Can Kroenke say that Spags was horrible? Sure he might. It's far more likely he's going to look at the effort that the team put in, the injuries, the difficulty of the season, the lockout, and the possibility of really hurting Sam's development by blowing up the roster, and say "You know what, we'll give it another year." It's a far smarter move, and looking at Kroenke's history as an owner, it's one that he makes. He fires coaches when teams don't play for them anymore.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bluecoconuts said:

My dog has informed me that Kevin Acee makes up stupid shit and says every bad team is looking to blow up their roster/coaching staff/front office in order to generate hits, and conversation in order to distract from the San Diego Chargers dropping from a Super Bowl caliber team to one that might be lucky to see the playoffs.

:LOLLLL: :LOLLLL: :LOLLLL:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Username said:
Not near enough smoke for me to think there's fire yet.

Maybe not but lose to Arizona in the same fashion as they did to Seattle and flames may be licking at somebody's ass. I think Spags has to win 3 more games this season. It aint lookin good.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:
Username said:

Maybe not but lose to Arizona in the same fashion as they did to Seattle and flames may be licking at somebody's ass. I think Spags has to win 3 more games this season. It aint lookin good.

I don't think he does, I think he needs the team to continue to compete. The offense might look like shit, but the defense doesn't, and the team tries. That should be enough to save him, if the entire team looked like shit and weren't playing for him, that would be understandable. The fact he's able to coach up the defense to still play as well as they are given the injuries is promising. He can chalk that up to the offense having a new system, major injuries, and a lot of youth for their ineptitude, and I think that gives him at least another year to turn it around. The team is talent deprived, not coaching deprived.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Ramhusker said:
Username said:

Let's look at what happened when Saffold suffered the injury that put him on IR. First off, Saffold took most of the reps in practice, which was basically over except for walkthroughs. That meant LeVoir would be the LT without much in reps, and then he got hurt leaving Hughes to pick up the pieces, literally.

The gameplan that waved a white flag over the running game was a direct result of having 2 LTs that didn't get enough (or any) reps in practice. Seems logical to have that set in the gamplan, but the volume we saw had to be about the lack of confidence in the backups. Remember that Jackson got stuffed more often in the Browns game after Saffold went out.

Let's just see how things progress with more reps for the backups, whoever they might be.

Anonymous

The writer is fishing. In this case the water surface is roiling with fish knowing the water is about to be chummed. If he's correct he claims to be a genius. If he's wrong no one gives a shit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Still unconfirmed. THAT was expected.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
squeaky wheel said:
The writer is fishing. In this case the water surface is roiling with fish knowing the water is about to be chummed. If he's correct he claims to be a genius. If he's wrong no one gives a shyte.

Exactly.

cfin5256

Rookie
Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
The writer is fishing. In this case the water surface is roiling with fish knowing the water is about to be chummed. If he's correct he claims to be a genius. If he's wrong no one gives a shyte.

Exactly.

That's what they call 'journalism' these days.