Report: Lane Kiffin a “front-runner” for 49ers offensive coordinator

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
The 49ers may dip into the college ranks for an offensive coordinator.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin is a “front-runner” for the same job on Jim Tomsula’s staff. That follows other reports that Kiffin is in consideration for the job.

If Kiffin does land the job, it would mark a return to both the NFL and the Bay Area. Kiffin was the head coach of the Raiders for 20 games in the 2007 and 2008 seasons before being fired and trashed as a liar by the late Al Davis. Kiffin rebounded to become the head coach at the University of Tennessee and bolted after a season for USC, where he coached for parts of four seasons before being fired in 2013.

The firings and quick departures seemed to damage Kiffin’s reputation, but the fact that he landed the Alabama job soon after getting dumped by the Trojans is a sign that the damage hasn’t been that great to potential employers. The 49ers’ interest offers more support for that notion.

Schefter reports that Colts assistant and former Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski is also under consideration for the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...front-runner-for-49ers-offensive-coordinator/

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's great news!

Kiffin threw the ball with Sims at Alabama despite having Derrick Henry and Yeldon. I'm looking forward to him turning the 49ers O into a passing offense...should fit Kaepernick's skill-set well. :LOL:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually I think Kiffin would be a good hire as an OC then he'll b e Head Coach within a year and make a mess of things.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Report: Broncos close to four-year deal with Gary Kubiak
Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 18, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
kubiak1.jpg
Getty Images
The Broncos are reportedly set to officially tab Gary Kubiak to replace John Fox as head coach.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Broncos and Kubiak are nearing a four-year contract.

Kubiak just finished his first season as the Ravens’ offensive coordinator. One week ago Sunday, he announced he would be staying in Baltimore. However, one day later, Fox and Denver parted ways, and Kubiak — a former teammate of Broncos G.M. John Elway and a former Denver assistant — became an obvious potential candidate.

And now, Kubiak looks ready to take the job.