Report: Dan Fouts out at CBS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder
Report: Dan Fouts out at CBS

CBS spent a pile of money on a former quarterback-turned-analyst this offseason, but won’t be bringing back a Hall-of-Famer.

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, CBS isn’t bringing back former Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts, who was the analyst on their No. 2 team.

The 69-year-old Fouts’ contract had expired, so the move wasn’t related to the coronavirus outbreak.

CBS is reportedly trying to lure Fox’s Charles Davis as a replacement, and is also considering Trent Green to work with Ian Eagle.

The network signed Tony Romo to a ten-year, $180 million contract in February, which seems like a bazillion years ago.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I actually liked him.
He's already better than anyone ESPN has.
They should give Fouts a call.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Dan used to be one of my favorites in the booth. Not so much anymore though. He was one hell of a QB.

Charles Davis is very good. One of my sons is very close friends with Charles' son. I get some funny inside tidbits because of that. I think Fox does more NFC games though so hopefully Charles stays where he is.

Ram77

Rookie
Charles Davis is the analyst in Madden so Im sure they did it with that in mind knowing the younger fans will resonate with him more

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Romo is the best, already. I like Charles Davis. Very good. I like Dan Fouts.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Headline should read ESPN releases Booger from contract.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Man, I must be the only one it sounds like that does NOT like Charlie Davis. Oh well, heading over to CBS means less NFC exposure so I'm fine with it!

TexasRam

Legend
Yea I’m not a big fan of Charles
Davis. He does have a professional tone and I appreciate that, but he spends way too much air time stating the obvious. He is probably good for casual fans but useless noise for those that know the game.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't mind Fouts. Listened to him a lot living in AFC territory. He's way better than most of the yahoos on air.

Davis is ok, I get the Todd Chirstensen vibe from him. Tries to be the smartest guy in the boooooth! RIP TC!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea I’m not a big fan of Charles
Davis. He does have a professional tone and I appreciate that, but he spends way too much air time stating the obvious. He is probably good for casual fans but useless noise for those that know the game.

Fanatics will be watching the game regardless of who's in the booth. Revenue gains are made by winning over casual fans who might choose to do other things - watch other shows, go outside, whatever - instead of watching the games.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sure wish the Rams drafted Dan Foutes with the 60th pick in 1973 instead of Tim Stokes who was Foutes Offensive Tackle at Oregon. Right School, wrong player. If Chuck Knox had Dan Foutes, he would have been the Head Coach of the Los Angeles Rams for 20 years.