Report: Browns GM Not Ruling Out Using Both #1's for RG3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Both 1sts, next year's 1st, and a 2nd or 3rd either year, and ya got a deal.

Or forget next year's 1st and give us Phil Taylor or Joe Haden. :amped:

Oh and seriously, if Heckert put on some glasses, he'd totally be the real life Peter Griffin.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The dam is starting to break. We'll get what we want if we remain patient.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Translation:
Tannehill upside= 3 years of clipboard duty then maybe.
Weeden super smart= Can't make all the throws and he's near retirement age.

Really I don't think anyone in the Browns front office has a clue on how to use RGIII. That's were their hesitance comes from. His skill set is so out of the Browns box that I think they fear for their jobs.

If they do trade for him the Rams will get the 4th pick, their 2nd & 3rd this year and a 2nd next year.

steferfootball

Starter
Re:

interference said:
What if the damn breaks the other way?

Flynn and Manning could screw up our fantasy. :amped:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
steferfootball said:
interference said:

Flynn unproven
Manning will never be the same again (told in confidence to me by ceo of leading comapny that makes vertibrae surgical implants)
RGIII has unlimited upside for perhaps 10+ yrs

given above, i am confident damn will collapse our way

steferfootball

Starter
Re:

interference said:
steferfootball said:
interference said:

Flynn unproven
Manning will never be the same again (told in confidence to me by ceo of leading comapny that makes vertibrae surgical implants)
RGIII has unlimited upside for perhaps 10+ yrs

given above, i am confident damn will collapse our way
Flynn is unproven. This is true, but so was Kolb. (and some other guys throughout the years)
As for Manning, this ceo knows more than me about the situation, but less than the team doctors that have intimate knowledge of the situation.

Additionally, we are Rams fans. When the damn breaks, it is always the wrong way. :razzed:

steferfootball

Starter
fwiw:

roto said:
Citing a person with knowledge of the Redskins' planning, the Washington Post reports the team will go after Peyton Manning "aggressively" before turning to the Rams for the No. 2 overall pick.
Several sources assure the Post that the Redskins are "comfortable with the risks associated with signing Manning" and will "pursue him intently." NFL Network's Michael Lombardi lists the Redskins as his favorites to land Manning, though the Post concedes the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Jets may have a better shot. While the Skins have plenty of money to spend in free agency, we still believe Robert Griffin III is a better fit for the offense as well as the organization as a whole.
roto said:
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms free agent Peyton Manning is "open to playing in the NFC," despite a preference for the AFC.
It's another positive sign for Arizona and perhaps Seattle. Schefter also confirms that Manning's camp is "aiming to make a decision within the next week" on a landing spot. CBSSports.com's Pat Kirwin insists there's "no way" Manning will allow medical personnel to examine his arm, which would leave teams to potentially damage his market value. In fact, says Kirwin, a workout in front of teams may be avoided "if a top bidding team says they don't care about the session, which I suspect will be the case."

source:
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... -for-skins

gotta love this time of the year. :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Report: Manning doesn’t want to play for the Redskins

Posted by Evan Silva on March 8, 2012, 2:23 PM EST
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -redskins/

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that the Redskins would make an “aggressive effort” to sign free agent quarterback Peyton Manning. The feeling would have to be mutual for Manning to actually become a Redskin, of course.

According to Chris Russell of ESPN 980 Washington, it isn’t.

Russell appeared on SportsCenter Thursday and, citing multiple sources, reported that Manning doesn’t want to play in the nation’s capital and has already informed the team.

“A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning’s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn’t want to come here,” said Russell. “… There’s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes — and I’m taking my sources at their word — I don’t think Manning’s coming here to D.C.”

This is the first formal report that Manning doesn’t want to play for the Skins, though that reality has been commonly speculated for the past several weeks.

Russell, who hosts a popular radio show in D.C., believes the Washington fan base would prefer Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III over Manning, anyway. If Russell’s report is accurate, the fans stands a much better chance to get their wish.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Angry Ram said:

Oh and seriously, if Heckert put on some glasses, he'd totally be the real life Peter Griffin.
I doubt they'll give up that much loll

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Angry Ram said:

LOL if this happens..wow, but dont thing that will happen.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think Manning has no plans of going to Washington but is keeping the option open just in case the pot is too sweet. I'm thinking Miami for him. If he lands in the NFC, it would certainly not be in the same division as his brother. Cleveland probably will try not to do give the Rams both 1st round picks in a draft so I say they would give the 4th pick, 2nd round, 3rd round this year and maybe a 1st next year. The Redskins would part ways with the 6th pick, 2nd round, 3rd round this year and a 1st and 4th next year. Sound reasonable?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
I think Manning has no plans of going to Washington but is keeping the option open just in case the pot is too sweet. I'm thinking Miami for him. If he lands in the NFC, it would certainly not be in the same division as his brother. Cleveland probably will try not to do give the Rams both 1st round picks in a draft so I say they would give the 4th pick, 2nd round, 3rd round this year and maybe a 1st next year. The Redskins would part ways with the 6th pick, 2nd round, 3rd round this year and a 1st and 4th next year. Sound reasonable?

If were trading with the Browns we should be looking at both their #1's. Thats why they are the best trading partner lol.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ramhusker said:
I think you are right on.

Angry Ram

BuiltRamTough said:
Angry Ram said:

I doubt they'll give up that much loll
ljramsfan said:
Angry Ram said:

LOL if this happens..wow, but dont thing that will happen.

Oh if they really value him as an awesome franchise QB they gots to pay the price.

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram is like a friggin prophet.

Also, all that stuff I said about the the possibility of the damn not breaking I take back.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
steferfootball said:

Also, all that stuff I said about the the possibility of the damn not breaking I take back.
Thank God the dam did break. :)

I just never really thought it would be with the Skins, as I thought the Browns currently available draft picks would allow them to win the auction battle.

steferfootball

Starter
interference said:
steferfootball said:

Thank God the dam did break. :)

I just never really thought it would be with the Skins, as I thought the Browns currently available draft picks would allow them to win the auction battle.
I don't recall an instance of being so happy to be wrong.

The damn has broken the wrong way so many times. It is about time we get the luck of the damn breakage.

Angry Ram

steferfootball said:

Whoa that's crazy. Guess Snifer is visiting these boards and taking advice.

Course when this guy is the one you're negotiating helps....

daniel-snyder.png