Removal of high-low chop blocks and Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta think the rules change benefits him. He's already the closest thing to an unstoppable force you can get in the NFL on the DL, and it's gonna get better for him and the Rams now that teams can't high-low him.

I'm thinking he might hit 15 sacks this year along with a commensurate boost in TFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think you're right, and I think it's a great rule change.
Some of the coaches are bitching that it's gonna put the clamps on the run game, but I seriously doubt that.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Great! Now if only refs will be more consistent about holding calls. Those nasty holds against Quinn likely sent him to the IR last season

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait, I'm confused. Hasn't this rule been enforced for some time?

No. Chop block rules get adjusted but this is going to ban combo chops which will be a significant change. Donald is gonna feast.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No. Chop block rules get adjusted but this is going to ban combo chops which will be a significant change. Donald is gonna feast.

Yup he is going to get into the other teams backfield a lot more often. It'll be fun to see that........I love seeing him just totally snuff out a play in an instant. It's great when that happens and I always say to myself "welp, that only took 2 seconds".

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was sure at first, but now that I read all of this, I'm a happy camper!! Let's see Donald in a race with Quinn for the NFL Sack Trophy! Yes! The " Deacon Jones award come to the Rams their 1st year back in L.A., Great Head-Lines !!:yess::D

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Gotta think the rules change benefits him. He's already the closest thing to an unstoppable force you can get in the NFL on the DL, and it's gonna get better for him and the Rams now that teams can't high-low him.

I'm thinking he might hit 15 sacks this year along with a commensurate boost in TFL.

giphy.gif