Remember, if you're having a bad day...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
the dude is a cool guy, he

Schadenfreude

not sure where the silver spoon thing came from.... was he somehow born rich? did i miss that - or is he just one of the millions of Americans who are or have tried to take advantage of the American Dream. It still does exist. The ability to make millions of dollars here in the USA.

Honestly, personally, I feel bad for the guy. Sounds like he missed out on the golden goose

This from Wikipedia
"Wayne, now retired and living a quiet lifestyle in a Pahrump, Nevada, mobile home park"

Doesn't sound so like anything you describe above......
Pahrump??
Sweet Mother of God....a fate worse than death.

fearsomefour

Legend
You can. There's this idea that extremely wealthy people aren't happy, or that money doesn't necessarily "buy" happiness, but that's not entirely true. I know some people who have obscene money and they're pretty damn happy every time I see them. lol. I think those people who squander away their lottery winnings and end up miserable are a misrepresentation of that idea. Those people are just dumb and/or should have sought some financial counseling at some point.

The dude in the OP though, he doesn't seem to need the money to be happy.
And good for him. I don't need it either, but it sure affords me the luxury of doing stuff I wouldn't otherwise be able to do.
And that makes me happy. :)
I have a family member that is very wealthy....an Aunt who's husband made millions in the electronics field. Anyway, she is now happy. After he passed away she thought trying to help everyone would make her happy. Money changing hands in families can cause resentment. She gave too much to some shady religious people and got burned. The pendulum then swung the other way and she got super tight for a while. She has sort of settled in the middle now although she won't give any money at all to family or friends still.
My point is, having a lot of money and having everyone you know know you have it....not as easy as it might seem.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
ROD has a member lives in Pahrump.
I could live there - it's a cool place. Not for everyone though.

X- I used to sell drugs too , but straightened my life out.

I tried to buy some land next to the airport in Pahrump back in 2003 - place is nice!!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Pahrump??
Sweet Mother of God....a fate worse than death.

hahahahha not really - the place isn't that bad hahahaha

vfiles5948.jpg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Ha.

It's halfway between Vegas and Death valley. Do the math. :shades:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I need a flux capacitor. So I can go back in time and invest in Apple and Facebook.

And live a career of banging smokin' hot chics and paying off Usher to never invent Bieber.

Athos..........for the WIN!