Referee/Arch-Nemesis For Raiders @ Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballzebras.com/2014/11/27/11989/

Raiders at Rams — Gene Steratore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

Steratore worked his first NFL playoff game as a referee between the Arizona Cardinals and the Carolina Panthers on January 10, 2009, at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. Exactly one year later, he refereed the Baltimore Ravens' 33–14 victory over the New England Patriots in an American Football Conference (AFC) Wild Card match at Gillette Stadiumin Foxborough, Massachusetts.

Steratore's 2014 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Bruce Stritesky, head linesman Wayne Mackie, line judge Gary Arthur, field judge Bob Waggoner, side judge Mike Weatherford, and back judge Dino Paganelli.

Steratore was named as referee for the NFC Championship game on January 19, 2014, in Seattle between the Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

SierraRam

Recreational User
upload_2014-11-28_19-13-40.jpeg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Help me out...I missed something because I don't get where this guy is an arch-nemesis...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Help me out...I missed something because I don't get where this guy is an arch-nemesis...
Prime posts the name of the ref every week because the officials are our worst enemies most of the time. You can usually tell what kind of game will be called by knowing who the ref is. For example, if Ed Hochuli is the ref, you know your fucked.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I opened this thread saying to myself, "Don't be Steratore, don't be Steratore, don't be Steratore!"

And then it was. Well, boys, we're in for another week of bad officiating. Carl Douchers and Steratdick are two of the worst refs in the business. Booger, Tripledick, and Vinodouche are the other three names atop my referee shitlist.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Hochuli has to make sure he doesn't do a Kaperdick and try to kiss his biceps...He would tear out the sleeves on his ridiculously tightly-fitted shirts...What an egomaniac...

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Damm refs have done more damage in a couple losses than the team we were playing.Its amazing that in a muti billion dollar league this is the best they can do.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sorry boys - bullshit. One of the better, if not the best crew in the NFL. You're flat wrong, and making excuses beforehand.
We're better than that.
Just stop.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The bad calls will be totally random, and won't negatively impact our chances of winning.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry boys - bullcrap. One of the better, if not the best crew in the NFL. You're flat wrong, and making excuses beforehand.
We're better than that.
Just stop.

LOL No. Walt Anderson's crew is the best. Of course, he hasn't reffed a Rams game since 2011. Don't ask me how that is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry boys - bullcrap. One of the better, if not the best crew in the NFL. You're flat wrong, and making excuses beforehand.
We're better than that.
Just stop.

Sorry for being wrong maybe. Steratore has been one of the worst Refs in the league for years.

But I will be hoping that he shows this side that I have failed to see but you obviously haven't. If he calls a couple holds on whatever OLT is playing Against Quinn, then I will be impressed but I thoroughly expect some atrociously bad made up calls whenever I see the name Steratore.

Not that it matters at this point, would rather lose out, but we should be able to beat the Raiders regardless of who the ref is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that it matters at this point, would rather lose out, but we should be able to beat the Raiders regardless of who the ref is.

I don't want to lose out...even if I know losing out means we get our precious QB(well, makes it more likely). I want this team to close out strong. I want them feeling confident about next year and I want some of our young players to show up in a major way. I want to go into the off-season feeling like we're going to take the league by storm next year.

Firstly how you finish a year has very little baring on how you do the next year, obviously you get some teams who are just very good and some who are just very bad, but for teams who are hoping to go from bad to good it doesn't really matter. Secondly the more we lose the better the chance that we can get a decent QB.

I don't want to lose out...even if I know losing out means we get our precious QB(well, makes it more likely). I want this team to close out strong. I want them feeling confident about next year and I want some of our young players to show up in a major way. I want to go into the off-season feeling like we're going to take the league by storm next year.

I don't think it matters that much, we finished last year fairly well (4-3 over the last 7 with some wins over very good teams) and started this one 1-4, I'd rather not have all the hype and (false?) hope next off season, been there done that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it matters that much, we finished last year fairly well (4-3 over the last 7 with some wins over very good teams) and started this one 1-4, I'd rather not have all the hype and (false?) hope next off season, been there done that.

And there were three good reasons why:
1. We lost our QB(I realize that we didn't have Bradford over the last 7 but that brings me to point two...)
2. A new defensive scheme that we were still breaking in
3. A difficult schedule

It matters. Especially the young players improving. And if we don't change DCs again, it'll matter in that respect too. Because the defense finishing strong isn't going to take 8 weeks to get the scheme down next year if we don't change schemes.

I'd rather have the hope too. The season will play out how the season plays out. If we suck in 2015, we'll be just as miserable during the season if we were pessimistic in the off-season as we would be if we were optimistic. So yes, let me believe we stand a chance.

Between 2000 and 2013 4 teams have finished a season 5-0 after having a losing record through 11 games, the teams and their record the next season:
2006 Philadelphia Eagles 8-8
2005 Miami Dolphins 6-10
2005 Washington Redskins 5-11
2012 Washington Redskins 3-13

The last 12 teams to go 4-1 over their last 5 with a losing record over their first 11:
2008 San Diego Chargers 13-3
2012 Carolina Panthers 12-4
2009 New York Jets 11-5
2010 Detroit Lions 10-6
2008 Houston Texans 9-7
2008 San Francisco 49ers 8-8
2011 San Diego Chargers 7-9
2009 Houston Texans 6-10
2011 Arizona Cardinals 5-11
2009 Cleveland Browns 5-11
2011 Philadelphia Eagles 4-12
2009 Carolina Panthers 2-14

The only thing the next 5 games effects is our draft position, nothing else.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It affects team psyche.

This team needs badly to string some wins together and play great for four quarters. Getting over that hump will help them immensely.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, Gene Steratore is going to be very confused come Sunday...The NFL give all officiating crews implicit instructions to throw flags against two franchises in the NFL the Raiders (AFC) and the Rams (NFC) this is because of Al Davis and his fight against the legendary Pete Rozelle and because of Georgia Frontiere getting such a sweetheart deal when she moved her Rams to St. Louis.

So tomorrow Gene and his boys will be huddling quite often as they will be in a state of disarray on deciding on who they should walk off the penalty yards against. I'm also betting on Gene slipping up a few times as he say.... "First down Los Angeles."