Redskins release Robert Griffin III

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just pick him up and call it a day.
That way you can trot him out for the coin toss in 2017.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't expect him to be cheap, either. A former starting QB, a former top prospect, is going to get some sort of serious offer - a signing bonus, and an expectation at least that he would be #2 behind a vet or the like.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd prefer we draft a QB high, even trade up.

If that's not the plan, I'd consider BobG3.

We need to score more points. Whatever it takes to do THAT, I'm down for.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
OK - I'll be that guy. Bring him in and kick the tires. Maybe he can put some meat on those toothpicks he calls legs. Simple fact is that the kid has a very good arm and has played at a high level. Get him on the cheap and you still have Keenum and Mannion. The way he handled being demoted was IMO a good sign of maturity. Now with something to prove and completely healed, he could be the steal of free agency.

Bring him in. He's healthy and the new environment, fresh start would probably be good for him. He's got the arm and I heard a report on the NFL station that in his rookie season he showed good accuracy. That's more than I can say for Foles. Keenum was hit and miss. I think the guy bounces back.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'd prefer we draft a QB high, even trade up.

If that's not the plan, I'd consider BobG3.

We need to score more points. Whatever it takes to do THAT, I'm down for.

giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Defenses flat out stated that RG3 wasn't very good at reading what they were doing. Was it lack of study, lack of recognition or something else?

It's not like Tebow where his basic accuracy is in question or basic mechanics. But Shanahan made the transition for him easier and Gruden just wanted a QB for his system. Rams just need a QB, not someone who needs things made easier for them.

Has RG3 learned to read defenses? Has he improved on the mental side of the game? Cuz if not, he's done.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defenses flat out stated that RG3 wasn't very good at reading what they were doing. Was it lack of study, lack of recognition or something else?

It's not like Tebow where his basic accuracy is in question or basic mechanics. But Shanahan made the transition for him easier and Gruden just wanted a QB for his system. Rams just need a QB, not someone who needs things made easier for them.

Has RG3 learned to read defenses? Has he improved on the mental side of the game? Cuz if not, he's done.

I'd rather take a chance and find out on a guy with a ton of talent than stick with a guy I know isn't good enough. But the truth is that I don't want RGIII or Keenum as the projected starter for the 2016 Rams.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The answer you don't want to hear is that there IS no good answer for the QB position this year.

Not a one.

There's a range from expensive and risky to "we already basically have that"

And sorry, based on how RG3 was getting swallowed up, he's not in Keenums class. So if you don't like Keenum, you'd hate RG3. Then again, he'd never win the competition.

Which puts us...where?

A quality backup as our starter with no good prospects for a quality starter.

Maybe we should just run the triple option...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The problem with signing this guy as a backup, would be the fans would make a big controversy out of it. If the starting QB threw a couple picks in a game, the fans and the media would start calling for RGme to start, and it would be quite the distraction.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Todd Gurley , Tavon Austin and RGIII in the backfield at the same time could be intersting. At least for a couple plays

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The answer you don't want to hear is that there IS no good answer for the QB position this year.

Not a one.

Well, there are certainly some answers I'd be much more happy with than others.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Granted. But as the Chinese saying goes: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I've learned the hard way that sometimes getting what I want was the worst possible thing based on the outcome. It doesn't always work out.

Doesn't stop me from wanting things, but it has humbled me to the notion that maybe when I don't get what I want when or how I want it, that might be okay.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Granted. But as the Chinese saying goes: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I've learned the hard way that sometimes getting what I want was the worst possible thing based on the outcome. It doesn't always work out.

Doesn't stop me from wanting things, but it has humbled me to the notion that maybe when I don't get what I want when or how I want it, that might be okay.

Well, I've been very careful...and now I feel very confident saying that if we get what I wished for, we'll do quite well in 2016 and beyond.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Depends on cost. If he's very inexpensive, and what I really mean by that is cheap, … then OK. I don't want RG3 in any way getting between us signing our own very important soon to become free agents and his signing a long term contract which hamstrings our ability to succeed during this free agency period.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nobody is signing this guy to a big deal, long term.

I can't say "no", at this point.

But... I sure prefer Goff :sneaky:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, I've been very careful...and now I feel very confident saying that if we get what I wished for, we'll do quite well in 2016 and beyond.
I hope you're right. You called it on Donald, and that paid off in spades.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel

Well I would not bring Keenum back he is clearly not the future. So Mannion,Rg3 and a rookie would fight it out.I'd rather do that than be in the same position next year looking for a QB.Granted we may lose a few more games but at least we would be moving forward with our future QB.And you never know 1 of 3 might just surprise us.So if Keenum is not our future then don't waste a year on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope you're right. You called it on Donald, and that paid off in spades.

I hope so too. I called it on Bradford and it didn't pay off so well. Let's hope this next one pans out like Donald. ;)