Recent History Says Half of Last Year’s Playoff Teams Won’t Return. Who’s In/Out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
In 2019, 12 teams went to the playoffs. 6 returned the following season.

In 2020, 14 teams (expanded field) went to the playoffs. 7 returned the following season.

In 2021, 14 teams went to the playoffs. 7 returned the following season.

Last year, the following teams went to the playoffs: KC, BUF, CIN, JAC, LAC, BAL, MIA, PHI, SF, MIN, TB, DAL, NYG, SEA

If the recent pattern holds, which 7 won't return, and who will replace them?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would guess most of the churn is the lower seeds. The teams who have elite QBs in place and solid coaching/roster probably aren't going anywhere. So KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati, SF (outlier due to Ratboy) are all likely to return barring the injury Gods intervening.

I think the Chargers are at risk to fall out. That division gets harder with Asshole Face taking over the Broncos. Vikes and Bucs are both mediocre as fuck and could fall out, though the NFC feels weak in terms of up and comers. Seattle fits that too, if the Rams can compete, otherwise they'll cruise to 2nd in the division and a likely playoff berth. But they have Geno Smith at QB. Reality check feels like it's in the future for them at some point.

NFC East is finally showing a little bit of depth to it. Washington will be at the bottom, Philly at the top, but lots of room I think for surprises.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love this topic and look forward to reading responses.

IN
KC, BUF, CIN, JAC, BAL, PHI, SF, DAL, SEA

OUT
MIN, TB, NYG, MIA, LAC

NEW IN
RAMS, JETS, DEN, DET, NO