Reasons why Wentz will be the pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
1. I keep reading or hearing people say the Rams are going to use the next two weeks to decide which qb to take. Nonsense, you don't make a trade like this not knowing who you are trading for. The Rams know who they traded for.
2. Let's say the Rams were blown away by both workouts and were equally happy with either qb, why not wait until draft day and deal with Dallas or Baltimore and pay a lesser price for whoever the Browns pass on ? The Rams didn't do that.
3. The Rams paid a steep price to move all the way to no. 1 because they know who they want and felt they needed to get in front of Cleveland. Just about everybody had Wentz going to Cleveland before the trade. Now I'm seeing mocks that have the Browns not even taking a qb, and now there's rumors of them wanting to trade down.

If I were a betting man I would put my money on Wentz.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree in that I think it's Wentz.

However, the flaw in the argument is that Snisher went to #1 because they were locked on a QB. Maybe they went to #1 simply because #2, or any spot where they could get a QB on their list, was not an option. We can't assume Dallas or Baltimore were even entertaining realistic offers.

After the Gurley pick, I'm not even going to swear he IS taking a QB first this draft.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree in that I think it's Wentz.

However, the flaw in the argument is that Snisher went to #1 because they were locked on a QB. Maybe they went to #1 simply because #2, or any spot where they could get a QB on their list, was not an option. We can't assume Dallas or Baltimore were even entertaining realistic offers.

After the Gurley pick, I'm not even going to swear he IS taking a QB first this draft.

It's true the Rams could have talked to Dallas and Baltimore and got nowhere, but I find it hard to believe either of them would turn down what the Rams offered or anything close to that. My theory also falls apart if Cleveland liked Goff even though everybody was giving them Wentz. The Rams would have a better idea of what the Browns were thinking than any pundits. Just based on the info that's public it looks like Wentz to me. Also, there's no way the Rams traded all those picks for any other position than QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"With the first pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select... Jalen Ramsey. Defensive Back. Florida State University.":sneaky:

Doesn't matter who Cleveland wanted, really, if you think about it.

If Cleveland wanted Goff? Have to trade with Tennessee to get Wentz because SF and Philly were interested in Wentz.

If Cleveland wanted Wentz? Have to trade with Tennessee to get Wentz to get ahead of Cleveland and because SF and Philly were interested in Wentz.

See? Wouldn't have mattered either way.

What I find interesting is that when word first came out that it might be Wentz, Dallas got really interested in Goff and Philly is also interested in Goff, but SF??? They got quiet and there've been hints of going defense or trading down.

I still think the QBs are going 1,2, but I'll be happy when it's over. Happier if it's Wentz, but happy nonetheless.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's true the Rams could have talked to Dallas and Baltimore and got nowhere, but I find it hard to believe either of them would turn down what the Rams offered or anything close to that. My theory also falls apart if Cleveland liked Goff even though everybody was giving them Wentz. The Rams would have a better idea of what the Browns were thinking than any pundits. Just based on the info that's public it looks like Wentz to me. Also, there's no way the Rams traded all those picks for any other position than QB.

The Rams aren't offering anywhere near what they offered for #1, I would hope, so we really have no idea. Maybe A-Hole Jerry Jones thought he was due in trade for greasing Kroenke?

They may have also feared someone taking the #1 spot after they traded up to #3 or #4 only to get hosed. #1 means they get who they want, not that it's a lock who that is, in my mind, just that whoever it becomes, it's a lock that can't be subverted.

I'm on the QB bandwagon, but assuming Snisher's mind is a mistake.

Do you know how many pundits or members here predicted Gurley to the Rams? As I remember, it was zero. Snisher isn't afraid to "overdraft" if they don't agree. Look at Robinson.

Last edited:

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams aren't offering anywhere near what they offered for #1, I would hope, so we really have no idea. Maybe A-Hole Jerry Jones thought he was due in trade for greasing Kroenke?

They may have also feared someone taking the #1 spot after they traded up to #3 or #4 only to get hosed. #1 means they get who they want, not that it's a lock who that is, in my mind, just that whoever it becomes, it's a lock that can't be subverted.

I'm on the QB bandwagon, but assuming Snisher's mind is a mistake.

Do you know how many pundits or members here predicted Gurley to the Rams? As I remember, it was zero. Snisher isn't afraid to "overdraft" if they don't agree. Look at Robinson.

Yeah, the Rams fearing someone else trading up to no.1 is as likely as anything. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Still think it's Wentz but will jump on the Goff bandwagon if he's the guy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, the Rams fearing someone else trading up to no.1 is as likely as anything. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Still think it's Wentz but will jump on the Goff bandwagon if he's the guy.

It may have been that #1 was obtainable for a fair price in their minds where 2, 3, 4 were not and left them open to getting screwed.

Goff is just as good in my mind if they adjust to his skillset. What do I know other than the Rams need a QB?

I just don't see Fisher as one who adjusts often.

If Wentz is a Big Ben, I'm in freaking heaven.

On the other side, maybe they think the rushing game is rock solid, which it is, and they need an upside.

I'm confusing myself.

jjab360

Legend
I can damn near guarantee knowing what I know about Snisher that it was Wentz they fell in love with. When it comes to draft day, these guys are pretty much all about physical tools and potential, and Wentz fits the bill.

I like Goff, but he's pretty much got the physical tools of a guy like Bridgewater who they had multiple shots at and didn't seem the least bit interested in. Not to mention he fits their scheme and mentality a million times better than a finesse QB like Goff does.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
None of those were reasons why wentz would be the pick...just a summary/interpretation of what already happened followed by..."I think they'll take wentz"