Really?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah I read that a couple of days ago and figured it was a non-story.
There's just so much wrong with that kid that it borders on sad now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You think it's possible though that he didn't know up until his recent exploits? Seems WAY delusional - even more than I had already assumed.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Unfortunately, I don't see things getting any better for Titus. Mental and psychological health issues are horribly stigmatized in this country and just about everywhere else in the world. We're horribly short on ways to help people who suffer from them; medication and therapy doesn't work in every case - and it sure as hell doesn't work all of the time in the cases where it helps.

I don't see how anyone could get angry at this guy at this point; he clearly needs help, and I don't think he's going to be able to get it by himself.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Memento said:
Unfortunately, I don't see things getting any better for Titus. Mental and psychological health issues are horribly stigmatized in this country and just about everywhere else in the world. We're horribly short on ways to help people who suffer from them; medication and therapy doesn't work in every case - and it sure as hell doesn't work all of the time in the cases where it helps.

I don't see how anyone could get angry at this guy at this point; he clearly needs help, and I don't think he's going to be able to get it by himself.

He's refused help, the Lions offered, friends offered and his father did too.

He's all effed up and if someone doesn't get through to him it's going to end badly.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Memento said:

He's all effed up and if someone doesn't get through to him it's going to end badly.
Yeah , worst thing IS there are soooo many people like Titus that need to be institutionalized AT LEAST long enough to get them into the habit of taking their meds.

So many of them prefer how they feel without the meds but are complete whack jobs when they are off so you can't GET them to administer their own medication, then if you do institutionalize them the ACLU is all up in yer biz about their civil rights.
So guys like Titus wander around screwing up their lives until they do sumpin real wrong and then they go to prison.

As Les sez it's not like no one has tried with Titus but the light bulb has to want to change.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Resolution to severe diagnosis... 100% raw food/ juice consumption. No joke Rams/ROD Bros.

Thought I had anxiety and stress put on 3 diff meds for a few years (toxic!) tossed that shit out been strong on the raw food and juicing for 2 months now and cannot even begin to explain the successful physical and mental wellness now.

Just my 2 cents of old schoolness.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BatteringRambo said:
Resolution to severe diagnosis... 100% raw food/ juice consumption. No joke Rams/ROD Bros.

Thought I had anxiety and stress put on 3 diff meds for a few years (toxic!) tossed that shit out been strong on the raw food and juicing for 2 months now and cannot even begin to explain the successful physical and mental wellness now.

True story. I did that for a few months once as well. You feel 100% better. Now i just need some sticktuitiveness.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
BatteringRambo said:

True story. I did that for a few months once as well. You feel 100% better. Now i just need some sticktuitiveness.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Mr. Savant would like you to expound. :mrgreen:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I bought a Vitamix just to start juicing and stuff. Thing makes a hell of a raw fruit margarita.... I'll tell ya that much. Man, I gotta start using that thing...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:
BatteringRambo said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Mr. Savant now has that title, so Mr. Savant doesn't have to keep referring to himself in the third person. :ww:

I bought one of those industrial juicers and went through the process of spending about 1/4 billion dollars on fresh fruits and vegetables to juice for a few months. Despite the cost, that was the best I felt in a long, long time. I could see better, I could sleep better, I could think better, and I had 10X the stamina I did previously and now. I fully believe in the health benefits of a raw diet, and I'd do it again if I didn't have an ongoing love affair with Italian food. I guess, basically, I just got tired of eating like that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
BatteringRambo said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Mr. Savant now has that title, so Mr. Savant doesn't have to keep referring to himself in the third person. :ww:

I bought one of those industrial juicers and went through the process of spending about 1/4 billion dollars on fresh fruits and vegetables to juice for a few months. Despite the cost, that was the best I felt in a long, long time. I could see better, I could sleep better, I could think better, and I had 10X the stamina I did previously and now. I fully believe in the health benefits of a raw diet, and I'd do it again if I didn't have an ongoing love affair with Italian food. I guess, basically, I just got tired of eating like that.

I've talked to one other person who stepped up and bought the serious juicer and he said body fat was melting off him like mad.

How much was the juicer and how much did it cost to buy the veggies and stuff.

Did you eat any meat or was it all veggies? I love some foods and cannot give them up for good. Like say.....steak.

By the way I make a killer lasagna....I make my own noodles from scratch with a pasta maker and I make them really thin to get lots of layers. I'm not giving that shit up either lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
BatteringRambo said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

I've talked to one other person who stepped up and bought the serious juicer and he said body fat was melting off him like mad.

How much was the juicer and how much did it cost to buy the veggies and stuff.

Did you eat any meat or was it all veggies? I love some foods and cannot give them up for good. Like say.....steak.

By the way I make a killer lasagna....I make my own noodles from scratch with a pasta maker and I make them really thin to get lots of layers. I'm not giving that shit up either lol.
They're a lot, dude. Close to 2 grand, but I had an inside track to one from a friend in the restaurant business. I tried the cheap ones ($150-$300) and they freaking SUCK. It takes longer to clean them than to make the juices. I was using a ton of kale and apples. The rest was whatever would make it taste different. Different fruits, carrots, things like that. I didn't do any meats at all. No chicken, turkey, red meat, nothing. Not even fish. And it was expensive to eat that way. I shopped primarily at health food stores, and it was a couple hundred a week.

Just can't do it very long, man. I *need* red sauce with meat at least once a week.

Lesson

Oh, really?
It surely takes dedication to revamp your diet/lifestyle. I've given up pasta in my diet( :boohoo: ) and am now starting to see the results with that and running/lifting.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lesson said:
It surely takes dedication to revamp your diet/lifestyle. I've given up pasta in my diet( :boohoo: ) and am now starting to see the results with that and running/lifting.

Pasta, and other carbs like it, aren't bad for you but they have to be eaten earlier in the day, not later. They take a long time to break down.

I'm sticking to my theory about humans eating what the species evolved on.

Meats, veggies, and cheesecakes.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thordaddy said:
LesBaker said:
Memento said:

Yeah , worst thing IS there are soooo many people like Titus that need to be institutionalized AT LEAST long enough to get them into the habit of taking their meds.

So many of them prefer how they feel without the meds but are complete whack jobs when they are off so you can't GET them to administer their own medication, then if you do institutionalize them the ACLU is all up in yer biz about their civil rights.
So guys like Titus wander around screwing up their lives until they do sumpin real wrong and then they go to prison.

As Les sez it's not like no one has tried with Titus but the light bulb has to want to change.

Medication doesn't always help and is not effective in combating the more severe illnesses. Institutionalization and hospitalization don't work at all. And while I respect you and your opinions a lot, I can't help but be honest about one thing: the part of the sentence I bolded completely pissed me off when I read it.

Nobody in the world wants to be like this. Nobody in the world wants to live that kind of personal hell. And I'm pretty fucking sure that everyone who has a truly debilitating mental illness would want to change if they could. But that's the thing: mental illness isn't something that you can change or escape from, especially if it's as utterly crippling as what Titus' looks like. And of course he's going to refuse help if he doesn't realize that something's actually wrong with him - and how could he realize it when his delusions are this bad? People refuse help when they do realize it just because the options they have in front of them are complete and utter shit.

I don't mean to offend you or anyone else, and I apologize if I misinterpreted what you said, but this subject means everything to me.