Reality check for Jags game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Offense:

Rams - 30th
Jags - 32nd

Defense:

Jags - 22nd
Rams - 23rd

Rushing:

Jags - 31st
Rams - 32nd

The only edge the Rams have is in passing:

Rams - 12th
Jags - 30th

If the Rams come out with the same lackluster passing scheme as the last four games, I wouldn't count on that holding up. The passing game stats are weighted heavily by the first two games where SB had 651 yards and 5 passing TDs vs 442 and 2 passing TDs. We are all aware that a lot of the yards against ATL, Dallas, and San Fran were after they were out ahead.

The upside is that all 11 sacks were in the last two games. If the Jags can't get to Bradford like ATL and Dallas, maybe there is hope of an uptick in the passing game?

Fisher says Pead will be getting more touches. Of course, he said that about Stacy two weeks ago. I have no idea what they actually intend to do.

I'm just looking at the reality of this game for some hope.

Just as I felt last week, outside of my opinion on the blocking and scheming, which you all know, Pead is the only hope of seeing something interesting this game.

Improvements in blocking and scheming could yield a Rams blowout. We shall see.

Same rams:

Jags 19 Rams 17

Pead is given a lot of touches and emerges:

Rams 19 Jags 17

A miracle of offensive scheme improvements, great blocking for TA, and a lot of touches for Pead:

Rams 30 Jags 17

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I am calling for a 24 to nothing game..........RAMS WIN. Gabbert is a int machine.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They better win; I scheduled the start of my new job for next Tuesday because I'm going to this game...and I'm not leaving until the fourth quarter ends. I want to savor every moment of a Rams victory.

:cheese:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The leopard print wearing fags are going to get the shit kicked out of them. Period.

fearsomefour

Legend
I looked up those same stats. It is sobering. The Rams certainly have more talent than the Jags but they are playing some of the worst football over the last three weeks.
This week the Rams have to run the ball. I expect a heavy dose of running from both teams. The interior of the Rams line is what I will be watching. Even if Wells and Dahl have aged some they should be able to get some movement in the running game. In terms of run blocking those two and Long have been very disappointing. I still Dahl is a liability at this point in pass protection....he just cannot pick up stunts. If it were me I would have either Barnes or Jones playing in his place this week.
I think the Rams need to run the ball even if it starts slowly keep running and keep running. I expect this game to go by very quickly as both teams try to establish the run and keep their D off the field.
If Richardson is not healthy let him rest, see what Pead and Stacy can do with the bulk of the carries.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Truthfully this game is a close matchup. We have the edge in passing but they have the rushing advantage with nothing else really to separate the two teams.

However, Rams will be at home so I call it Rams win 16-13

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
fearsomefour said:
I think the Rams need to run the ball even if it starts slowly keep running and keep running. I expect this game to go by very quickly as both teams try to establish the run and keep their D off the field.
If Richardson is not healthy let him rest, see what Pead and Stacy can do with the bulk of the carries.

I agree. I hope so too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Honestly; I expect to kick their a$$.

I'm not being disrespectful to the Jaguars but they suck. They really do.

We don't. We've just been playing like shit and it's time for that tide to turn.