RB Trent Richardson thinks comeback will lead to Hall of Fame/On scout team at Alabama

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What a dumbass.

But I do think he's gonna be able to find a yellow jacket on amazon...

06048af3ee26f06da298d4d506173226.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's always good to be positive. If you don't believe in yourself then who will? But c'mon..unrealistic expectations generally don't work out. Make the team first Trent, keep your mouth shut and do your job well. Baby steps.

Btw anyone who refers to himself in the third-person is going to get mocked, Prime Time commented.

Mikey Ram concurs...
tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_1280.gif

**************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-thinks-comeback-will-lead-to-hall-of-fame/

Trent Richardson thinks comeback will lead to Hall of Fame
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 8, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmxztnmzjexogflyzlhm2yymdzjmzg2nwvjyza5mjuz-e1411320832198.jpeg
AP

A few months ago, Trent Richardson was happy to be back in the NFL, and hoping to make the Ravens roster.

In the ensuing time, he’s raised his sights considerably.

CSNMidAtlantic’s Chris Miller asked the former No. 3 overall pick how he thought his career would end, and Richardson said it would be with him “Putting on a yellow jacket.”

Apparently he’s not planning to buy a matching hat and a pet monkey named George, but rather earn entrance into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

“People wrote him off, he came back and did some amazing things,” Richardson said, referring to himself. “He always had the pedigree. He just had to get back to the guy that we know.”

That will be quite a task for a guy who has never rushed for 1,000 yards in a season, or averaged more than 3.6 yards per carry.

But Richardson said his problems earlier in his career were a matter of distractions.

“As a person at that time, mentally (I) wasn’t stable enough to play football, for any level,” Richardson said. “My mindset wasn’t right for it, I had too much going on outside of football. The football was always there, but everything that carried on outside the field, it carried onto the field. I couldn’t think about football all the time. Football became little to me at the time. . . .

“This is a good chance of being my last ride when it comes to proving myself in the NFL. I know myself that I’m not done in the NFL, don’t want to be done. I got a taste of what that felt like. To tell my kids that their father didn’t have a job, it was big for me. I’m here, I’m going to be here for awhile.”

At least he’s back on the practice field this week, after missing OTA time with a hamstring problem. But that and his unmet potential are apparently behind him.
---------------
Don’t even test this guy- immediately put him in the NFL’s Substance Abuse Program or acquire some brain tissue samples and check for CTE.
-----------
The world needs dreamers, The NFL needs reality…!!!
-------------
The closest he’ll come to Canton was the time he spent in Cleveland.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Pity the fool that is next to refer to himself or herself in the third person...Mikey thinks they will be in for a terrible beatdown...Oh, make it stop...This could get as much abuse here as our man The Wanger...

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Stu Miller says you're full of crap and he knows his shit.
Alaskan Ram wishes he could come up with a witty reply to this hogwash. His head wasn't in the post. There was too much outside distraction for him. He wanted to defend his good buddy Prime Time....but he doesn't know his shit like Stu.

A55VA6

Legend
I mean, good for him having that confidence in himself... but he's awful. His career is about done.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This sad-sack can't win for losing. He's the Hans Moleman of the NFL.

200.gif

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-alabama-nfl-career/xmp0kuejwyxg1clmntcgprlr5

Trent Richardson ignored bank account as friends spent $1.6 million in 10 months
By Jordan Heck

Trent Richardson recently spoke to ESPN for an E60 interview that aired after his release from the Ravens, and he revealed some details as to how his family took advantage of his NFL money.

In the feature, the former Alabama star explained how family and friends went through $1.6 million of his money in a 10-month span. He apparently was oblivious to the fact that they were spending cash until he looked at his bank account.

"I finally just looked at my bank statement, and I was just like, 'Where did this come from? Where did that come from?'" Richardson said. "And my guy was sitting there telling me, 'Man, we was telling you.' I know he was telling me, but that's just like telling a kid to stop running in the hall. They're going to still do it when you turn your back or you leave. It's just one of them moments to where I was just blinded by my heart, by loving everybody and thinking that everyone was for me. I know they love me. I know they do care. But at the time, they took advantage of it."

So how were family and friends spending the money? They apparently had a huge desire to catch up on the latest "House of Cards" episodes, because Richardson found out he was paying for 11 Netflix accounts and eight Hulu accounts.

Also showing up on his bank statements was bottle service at nightclubs, which stood out to Richardson because he doesn't drink.

"Y'all are trying to live a lifestyle that I'm not even living," Richardson said he told his friends and relatives. "Y'all are living the lifestyle that y'all think I should be living."

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
So....just to be clear, Trent Richardson will NOT be going into the Hall of Fame with tomorrow's class?

Psycho_X

Legend
What did he do? Give all of his friends and families their own debit cards to his bank account? Jesus why are people so dumb?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
What did he do? Give all of his friends and families their own debit cards to his bank account? Jesus why are people so dumb?
He was to busy trying to get the jacket size right for when he enters Canton.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

That's what I was thinking. He's acting like there was nothing he could do about it. Don't give them access to your accounts! And how do you miss that many transactions for 10 months?! What an idiot. No surprise he went to Bama.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I feel sorry for him. It's kind of sad. Imagine everyone thinks you're going to be a strait up star, you think it, you've worked all your life for it, and then one day....it just doesn't work. Through no fault of your own, you just ain't good enough. He's running - but just can't see the hole. All your friends are stealing your money which you must feel you stole, and you get called a bum everywhere you go? It's gotta hurt the ego of a man. The Bly way out is to carry on believing in yourself. Get one good season rolling, carry some momentum - in a system that suits him? Who knows.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I feel sorry for him. It's kind of sad. Imagine everyone thinks you're going to be a strait up star, you think it, you've worked all your life for it, and then one day....it just doesn't work. Through no fault of your own, you just ain't good enough. He's running - but just can't see the hole. All your friends are stealing your money which you must feel you stole, and you get called a bum everywhere you go? It's gotta hurt the ego of a man. The Bly way out is to carry on believing in yourself. Get one good season rolling, carry some momentum - in a system that suits him? Who knows.

As a musician who thought he would amount to something great (must have been all the drugs and booze) and ended up doing very little (must have been all the drugs and booze), I can relate.

While the story of Trent Richardson is indeed sad, he seems to have brought it on himself. He's been employed by four teams now and they didn't see enough in him to keep him on their rosters. Still, he just recently turned 26, and if he works hard and applies himself there's no reason why he can't latch on to another team once injuries to running backs occur.

Losing the money to his friends and family members is truly pathetic. Glad the Rams do a training session on this topic before signing their rookies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-is-running-scout-team-at-alabama-practice/

Trent Richardson is running scout team at Alabama practice
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 7, 2016

486130438-e1464289432232.jpg
Getty Images

When we last heard from former NFL draft bust Trent Richardson, he was trying out for the Chiefs. Kansas City didn’t want him, and neither does any other NFL team, but Richardson is still putting on the pads. At Alabama.

Richardson, who was the third overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft after a good career with the Crimson Tide, was back at Alabama last week, playing the role of LSU star Leonard Fournette on the scout team in preparation for Alabama’s 10-0 win over LSU on Saturday.

Alabama coach Nick Saban said he received permission from the NCAA and the SEC to have former players come back and work on the scout team at his practices. He also had Blake Sims, the Crimson Tide’s starting quarterback in 2014, running the scout team in preparation for Alabama’s game against Texas A&M this season.

Richardson was drafted by the Browns and then traded to the Colts and was a disappointment in both places. He also briefly spent time on the Raiders and Ravens but never played in a regular-season game for either team. At age 25, he has said he still believes he has an NFL future. That seems unlikely, but there are worse ways to stay in shape for the NFL than practicing with the college football team that most closely resembles an NFL team.