RB - AJ Dillon vs Derrick Henry - based on stats he should be a steal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
More I research AJ Dillon I really love this guy. I would draft him in the 4th and possibly late in 3rd.

He is an exact comparison to Derrick Henry who was drafted at #45 in 2017.

AJ Dillon - 6' 249
Ran a 4.53 23 bench, 41 Vert. 7.19 3 cone

Derrick Henry - 6'3" 247
Ran a 4.54 22 Bench, 37 Vert., 7.20 3 cone

College stats:

AJ Dillon - 845 rushes - 4382 total yards - in 35 games - marginal receiving yards

Derrick Henry - 602 rushes - 3591 total yards - in 39 games -marginal receiving yards

Analysis we all see the impact a massive back with superior skills can deliver. Derrick Henry is a man among boys.

AJ Dillon's stats are almost exactly the same as Henry. AJ has more mileage on his body but in 4 less games overall.

I would hope the Rams will take a serious look at him, because a huge back like that will wear teams down. He will be great in pass protection (very important fit in a Rams system) and a perfect compliment to Henderson.

Odd he is not rated higher. Feels like he could be a huge steal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
More I research AJ Dillon I really love this guy. I would draft him in the 4th and possibly late in 3rd.

He is an exact comparison to Derrick Henry who was drafted at #45 in 2017.

AJ Dillon - 6' 249
Ran a 4.53 23 bench, 41 Vert. 7.19 3 cone

Derrick Henry - 6'3" 247
Ran a 4.54 22 Bench, 37 Vert., 7.20 3 cone

College stats:

AJ Dillon - 845 rushes - 4382 total yards - in 35 games - marginal receiving yards

Derrick Henry - 602 rushes - 3591 total yards - in 39 games -marginal receiving yards

Analysis we all see the impact a massive back with superior skills can deliver. Derrick Henry is a man among boys.

AJ Dillon's stats are almost exactly the same as Henry. AJ has more mileage on his body but in 4 less games overall.

I would hope the Rams will take a serious look at him, because a huge back like that will wear teams down. He will be great in pass protection (very important fit in a Rams system) and a perfect compliment to Henderson.

Odd he is not rated higher. Feels like he could be a huge steal.

He's not rated higher because his third down skills are all but nonexistent. His receiving skills are absolutely atrocious, worse than Henry's coming out of Alabama. You'd think he could block, at least, but I've seen him struggle there, too.

I'd love a power back as much as the next guy, but not Dillon. Not with his one-dimensional, two-down game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not rated higher because his third down skills are all but nonexistent. His receiving skills are absolutely atrocious, worse than Henry's coming out of Alabama. You'd think he could block, at least, but I've seen him struggle there, too.

I'd love a power back as much as the next guy, but not Dillon. Not with his one-dimensional, two-down game.
This is why we are banging the table for Lenny Fournette! ~ OldSchool
@OldSchool

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If we can get a bruiser in the 4th or later, I'd be for that. Would be nice to have a big guy to hammer near the goal line or short yard situations.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not great in pass protection, and he sucks as a receiver. Considering our scheme, I'll be shocked if we have interest in Dillon. He's not a natural fit for what we do. But I've been wrong before.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'd love us to get AJ Dillon. Perfect compliment type of back to Henderson

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Both players had minimal yards in the pass game Henry is not better they both were basically non existent.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see anything in him that McVay seems to like but stranger things have happened.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The concept is good. A compliment to Henderson. A RB 3rd round or later.

(y) I endorse these ideas.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's not great in pass protection, and he sucks as a receiver. Considering our scheme, I'll be shocked if we have interest in Dillon. He's not a natural fit for what we do. But I've been wrong before.

I concur and I could see Dillon ending up with the Atlanta Falcons or Las Vegas Raiders from a scheme standpoint.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Any player that can Manhandle goal line duties would be a good late round pick.

I'm seriously concerned about the red zone production we lost from TG.

Ram65

Legend
I've mellowed a bit on draft him. He seems a little awkward trying to block the little video I've watched. I'm not sure if he is a pile driver that his 250Lbs would suggest. I have a feeling RBs are going to go sooner than the simulators and mocks have them going. Rams may have to take him if others are gone. He does do well breaking tackles and keeping his balance one through the line and gets rolling.