RayRay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I know some of you are big fans and some not huge fans of his, but.....

He has the "IT" factor.

we all know describing the "it" factor is hard to do, but he has it. He has those instincts, the closing speed, the hard hits, everything. Dunbar will be gone after this season or he will be brought back as a back up to him next year. mark my words.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Graphicker said:
Don't get your hopes up too high.
But damn he looks good in coverage.

He looks like Ogletree 2.0!! But better on the blitz.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I hope he can develop and be a starter on the otherside, that just means one less hole on the roster. If he can then we're essentially a ballhawk safety and another young DT away on defense.

A55VA6

Legend
This guy is the real deal. Ray Ray, JL, and Ogletree will be starting together by 2014. That's atleast my hope. Ray Ray is becoming one of my favorite defenders on our team.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
A55VA6 said:
This guy is the real deal. Ray Ray, JL, and Ogletree will be starting together by 2014. That's atleast my hope. Ray Ray is becoming one of my favorite defenders on our team.

Don't RayRay and Ogletree play the same position? Wouldn't we need a bigger body to replace Dunbar (in the future)?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My only real knock on Ray Ray is that he needs to check his anticks just a bit. I'm all for playing with emotion but when the play ends, he has to head back to the huddle or sideline. Stupid penalties are stupid penalties. Other than that, the dude can play in this league.

kohhwf

UDFA
Both Ray Ray and Ogletree need to hit the weight room big time. They move exceptionally well, but both don't seem like they have the muscle you want to see at the linebacker position. At a minimum Ray Ray needs to add 10 pounds to his 6-3 frame.

I hate to use the niners as an example, but when you look at Patrick Willis and Nararro Bowman you understand why they phsically dominate. Both can cover and both are large men.

Even if they don't get as big as those two we need them to spend a lot of time in the weight room over the next two years.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks like I am all aboard with this Ray Ray Armstrong rah rah... :bign: hey I have watched him in these four pre season games and all he does is get better each outing. I know we all are a little tentative about getting too excited about a UDFA safety who did not play football his last yr @ the U in 2012 for doing a dumb thing or things...OK so Fisher makes him a OSLB'er in the OTA's yeah right he was a skinny near 6-4 lanky 215 pounder then he begins to put on some size now when TC started he was up close to 235 pounds. :hehe:

If you want to join me in the rah rah please go back to the 3rd & 4th pre season games and just watch Ray Ray on defense #50 by the way. Even when the play is away from him he rockets to the ball. Ray Ray can flat cover some turf! I know he ooozzzes a bunch of taunt like stuff but it works and it works well not only for him but for the rest of the team. Its an good infection...I fill it from my Vizio 1080 & I usually don't like any of the crap! I think that Fisher & Tim Walton will get him cleaned up .....a little.

As far as the weight room needs :gr: that will come soon enough & by next yr. these two ex safeties will be something to watch. I said this in another post but if I were Fisher I would be pushing WW to get Ray Ray ready to take his spot in the Nickle & Dimes as soon as possible. I would not be surprised by the bye that the Rams have two rookie OSLB'ers starting! :ahight:

bluecoconuts

Legend
OnceARam said:
A55VA6 said:

Don't RayRay and Ogletree play the same position? Wouldn't we need a bigger body to replace Dunbar (in the future)?

Fisher just has left or right in his defense. I'm sure Ray Ray can switch sides. If not he won't start, simple as that.

Simba

Rookie
Rar Ray could be very important for our defense.He has played as safety in Miami, and it means "to see" the defensive game in a different way from LB position.He could be perfect in coverage when we face a strong air-offence and to leave the field when we play against old style football opponent (ground and pound).If he's going to grow (in pound) in future he really can became a great LB into the traffic too.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Will be very interesting to see how many defensive snaps RRA will get this season...

One prediction from me, this dude will be a bad-ass on special teams.
Can't wait to see him blow some fools up while we set up some big returns...

This guy is just a player, no doubt.

jjab360

Legend
When I heard we signed Armstrong, I didn't think much of it. I wasn't really that impressed with him at Miami, and I never thought he would be able to make the transition to LB, and especially not this fast.

Needless to say, I was completely wrong, Ray Ray was made to play linebacker. I think the best part about his game is the emotion he plays with. He really gets the crowd involved and excited whenever he makes a play.

Milamber11

UDFA
Name
George
VERY impressed with his game against Baltimore, looked very good and adds a bit of charisma to our team, hope he impresses Fisher further and strengthens our defence :D

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
A55VA6 peering into his crystal ball:
This guy is the real deal. Ray Ray, JL, and Ogletree will be starting together by 2014. That's at least my hope. Ray Ray is becoming one of my favorite defenders on our team.
I don't want to hate on Spoon because I really liked him when he was younger but the sooner someone like Ray Ray or Jo-Lonn takes his place in the starting lineup the better for the Rams.

Milamber11 running with the pack:
VERY impressed with his game against Baltimore, looked very good and adds a bit of charisma to our team, hope he impresses Fisher further and strengthens our defence :D

I think he's already impressed Fisher. :bg:

Slappy967

Starter
My thoughts on Ray Ray while I was at the final preseason game;

Ray Ray Armstrong is a Predator plain & simple. The Ed is his Serengeti and he was out stalking prey tonight. When that guy delivers a hit it echoes across the dome. Cannot wait to see his progression this year. I don't think it's football instincts as much as it is just a guy whose brain determines the fastest route to destroying someone and executes that plan.

I think he will play an invaluable role on this team this season!