Ray Ray

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-10-6_18-2-55.png
\
upload_2014-10-6_18-3-22.png

upload_2014-10-6_18-4-36.png

upload_2014-10-6_18-6-15.png

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I remember the play, but what I don't remember was if it was after the whistle?

From what I remember in only seeing it once, it didn't look like that hard of a shove, and could have been a dive on the Philly player. Am I completely off base here?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thanks for posting(i missed the play).

But....What about the Philly player running at him from behind? Whats going on there? Wish i could watch it.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
This made me just about pull my hair out. At a party with a ton of Eagles fans who are pumped after Sproles make a nice return and here Ray Ray put them in FG range to start the drive. This penalty alone cost the Rams 3 pts and could have been the difference between the Rams driving towards a tying FG instead of needing a TD. Not blaming Ray Ray since there were plenty of bone headed plays and blame to go around but it shows you how the smallest things can have the biggest impacts.
Come on Man!

Attachments

• C'monman.jpg
    C'monman.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 124

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am sure that Armstrong was targeted as being a hot head by every Special teams unit they have played since part way through last season. When coaches know that it is easy to get under someones skin they take advantage of it.

Bye Bye Armstrong. Good Riddance.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This team can't afford ignorant penalties. Addition by subtraction here.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yeah, i remember RRA being a hot head and acting stupid to his coaches and team mates on the sideline last year after a similar stupid penalty that cost us dearly. I don't know why he was kept around this long.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Ray Ray had a needed mentality to bust someone in the mouth. That was a clear flop by smith. Should he have done it? Absolutely not, it was stupid but he is young and has a great skill set. A great special teams guy. If we are gonna punish someone for costing us, let's get on Cook more, this dudes hands resemble that of a uncoordinated defensive tackle. Not a 35 million dollar TE. I do like the message Fisher sent, just wish it wasn't on a player that no one really gave a shit about.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't see why it matters if it's a flop by Smith or not. Point is, he put two hands on Smith and shoved right out in plain view when the play was over. Right there for all the world to see, and put them in FG range pretty much right off the bat. Ray Ray's skill set is debatable. The only thing he was noted for in preseason is getting mouthy with teammates. Cook at least gets open and create mismatch problems for a defense. His presence at the very least forces LBers to adjust to him. .

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pretty clear in that first frame that Smith was not accelerating into Ray in fact he was decelerating ,butt down backward pressure on the right heal , not in a position to deliver a hit,sorta looks like the "butt fumble". EVERYONE in those photos is either on the ground or disengaged except Ray and Smith one Philly player is getting up from the pile, no way that wasn't well after the whistle .

Anyway ,body of work ,that's the operative term here , oft times the last straw is not justification alone and again HOW Ray played it may have been the issue ,from what we hear he has a propensity for trash talking ,maybe issues accepting responsibility and wasn't GOING TO change. Obviously the coaches saw some value in the guys ability as did some posters here.
Fish has a rep for dealing with bad boys ,Ray must be worse than your run of the mill bb.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Yea, way after the whistle, and for no reason whatsoever. Just a really stupid, stupid play.