Ravens cornerback killed in motorcycle crash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Never got the motorcycle bug. Have a friend lose his leg in High School. Track guy that could had full ride to a number of colleges. Prayers for Tray.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Please consider your actions and choices. There are always consequences. Choose who you allow to advise you. Consider the quality of the council you take. Put yourself in positions to succeed. Turn away from unnecessary and risky behavior. Take care of your physical well-being. Live a healthy lifestyle. Pursue those things that make you better. Rest well. Eat well. Laugh with those who you love and love you. Fulfill your obligations effectively.

Does that include knocking heads at the pro level?

Turn your brain into oatmeal playing football, but don't dare get on a motorcycle.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
First off I want to say that I hope the kid comes back healthy.

@Prime Time - I had to give up riding two wheels on the street. It wasn't so much the cars in my case. I just couldn't stay out of the throttle. Then my brother - a much better rider than me - crashed his bike, lost a kidney, and almost died. I was definitely done at that point. I still ride dirt bikes when my brother and I get together but asphalt just doesn't work for me anymore.

@Selassie I that would suck big time. We had Valencia oranges all around our house in LA that we used to ride through. I wouldn't even think about building a track around those bastards. Those thorns are gnarly. Been stuck by many of them while picking oranges. Landing on and in them? Pass.

Orange trees have thorns? Who knew?
Nasty ones and that citric acid doesn't help when they stick you.

Not all of them... but certain species do. And they're nasty.
Every one I have ever seen has them.

I was banned from 2 wheeled motorized vehicles of any kind. I rode an enduro as a teenager, til I took a 120 mile road trip without a license. That was pretty much the end of my dads dream of us riding together, mom said to sell it so he did. He has brought home several bikes over the years and almost every one that I test rode, I laid down or crashed. At 40 something I finally figured it out, needs at least 3 wheels for me, been riding 3 wheelers and quads for almost 30 yrs, but put me on 2 wheels and I will end up on the ground.

Enduros. My experience was that they were only ok on dirt or street. I rode a Honda XL 500 for a couple years. Let's just say on more than one occasion I was very happy to have a large shoulder on the side of the road and/or no traffic coming the other way.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does that include knocking heads at the pro level?

Turn your brain into oatmeal playing football, but don't dare get on a motorcycle.
Depends. Are you getting paid millions to ride a motorcycle?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Damn. damn. Damn.

Damn shame...

Condolences to the family. Hate to see that happen...

Wife and I have considered motorcycles, but with kids in the house, I've said no way. That was only reinforced when my son's best friend was nearly killed when an elderly driver made a sudden left turn in front of him and broke a bunch of stuff in him.

If we do get "motorcycles", they'll be something like from Lit Motors

Yeah, I just don't trust the drivers here... at all.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Well damn.
And fans wanna get pissed off and have a football team's antics ruin their daily lives...

Context.

Not sure about that - apples and oranges
The dude died on a motorcycle after driving at night with no headlights - it wasn't a brain aneurism after visiting the old folks home, you know what I'm saying? Tragic in the sense he was so young and gifted and must have felt no fear, but there is nobody on this board who can relate to what you're saying above cause none of us here "have a football team's antics ruin their daily lives"
Don't know how his death by motorcycle is supposed to relate to those of us who know the context of fandom loud and clear....

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Prayers to the family. Life is short. Whether 23 or 93. Seek wisdom. Harbaugh had it right. Hope other guys listen. All around the league.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Just a damned shame. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and team mates. 23 is much too young.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just absolutely tragic. My utmost condolences to Tray Walker's family and friends.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-ravens-contains-good-advice-for-all-players/

Harbaugh’s open letter to Ravens contains good advice for all players
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2016

zz04zdvjyjvkztgxytlizmjkyjzhmjywmtbmm2njn2vlzq-e1458331340284.jpeg
AP

In the aftermath of a motorbike crash that has critically injured Ravens cornerback Tray Walker, coach John Harbaugh has written a letter to his entire team regarding the decisions that young men are confronted with on a regular basis.

The message is strong enough to be shared with all NFL players, most of whom are still relatively young and many of whom may be inclined (like most men under the age of 25) to not fully appreciate the connection between choices and potential consequences.

The full text of the letter appears below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
An Open Letter to Our Team

Men,

Right now, this moment is an incredibly difficult time for our Team and our Family. One of our Brothers, Tray Walker, is fighting for his life. I know we are showering him, and covering he and his family, with Prayer and hope.

That was the kind of phone call you never want get as a coach, as a parent, as a brother, as a friend. This shook me and all of us. Like some of you, I haven’t been able to rest since hearing the news late last night.

As I focused about Tray this morning, some thoughts came to mind that I wanted to share. What would I say to my own son, if I had a son, in a situation like this? You guys are that important to me.

This is what I would be saying to you in the team meeting room if we were together today: There is a lot going on out there and you are going to be involved in tough and difficult situations. You are making and will continue to make important choices pretty much every day. That’s okay. That’s our reality. It can even be very good to be put in different circumstances. To make it right, you are going to have to grow up fast. Probably faster than many of your friends and family.

Please remember to…

Lead in your home. Take care of Your Family and Yourself every single day. Think about who you are and where you are going, and what you stand for. Look after one another. Only then can you be your most effective on the job and in every area of your life.

Please consider your actions and choices. There are always consequences. Choose who you allow to advise you. Consider the quality of the council you take. Put yourself in positions to succeed. Turn away from unnecessary and risky behavior. Take care of your physical well-being. Live a healthy lifestyle. Pursue those things that make you better. Rest well. Eat well. Laugh with those who you love and love you. Fulfill your obligations effectively.

Be your own best friend. Do not be an enemy onto yourself. Turn away from trouble and harm. Walk away from foolish behavior. Ignore silly and unwise advice – You’ll know it when you see it.

Get to know those people in your life who manage to walk free from the weight of self-created obstacles. Get close to those who have gone where you want to go, and have accomplished what you want to accomplish. Grow Spiritually. Think about what and who you want to become.

I am asking you to consider what is at stake in your life. Consider what your thoughts, actions and choices mean to those around you. Live your life fully and with purpose. Have fun and share your happiness. Find Your Faith, and allow God to Grow Your Faith.

Let’s look out for one another. Be a great brother and friend. Inquire. Listen. Ask. Investigate. Reach out. Be There. Take a Step. Go For It.

Remember, We are Brothers in Arms. And, again, take care of each other.

John
I have to say a not a fan of Haurbagh at all, but this was right on.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-ravens-contains-good-advice-for-all-players/

Harbaugh’s open letter to Ravens contains good advice for all players
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2016

zz04zdvjyjvkztgxytlizmjkyjzhmjywmtbmm2njn2vlzq-e1458331340284.jpeg
AP

In the aftermath of a motorbike crash that has critically injured Ravens cornerback Tray Walker, coach John Harbaugh has written a letter to his entire team regarding the decisions that young men are confronted with on a regular basis.

The message is strong enough to be shared with all NFL players, most of whom are still relatively young and many of whom may be inclined (like most men under the age of 25) to not fully appreciate the connection between choices and potential consequences.

The full text of the letter appears below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
An Open Letter to Our Team

Men,

Right now, this moment is an incredibly difficult time for our Team and our Family. One of our Brothers, Tray Walker, is fighting for his life. I know we are showering him, and covering he and his family, with Prayer and hope.

That was the kind of phone call you never want get as a coach, as a parent, as a brother, as a friend. This shook me and all of us. Like some of you, I haven’t been able to rest since hearing the news late last night.

As I focused about Tray this morning, some thoughts came to mind that I wanted to share. What would I say to my own son, if I had a son, in a situation like this? You guys are that important to me.

This is what I would be saying to you in the team meeting room if we were together today: There is a lot going on out there and you are going to be involved in tough and difficult situations. You are making and will continue to make important choices pretty much every day. That’s okay. That’s our reality. It can even be very good to be put in different circumstances. To make it right, you are going to have to grow up fast. Probably faster than many of your friends and family.

Please remember to…

Lead in your home. Take care of Your Family and Yourself every single day. Think about who you are and where you are going, and what you stand for. Look after one another. Only then can you be your most effective on the job and in every area of your life.

Be your own best friend. Do not be an enemy onto yourself. Turn away from trouble and harm. Walk away from foolish behavior. Ignore silly and unwise advice – You’ll know it when you see it.

Get to know those people in your life who manage to walk free from the weight of self-created obstacles. Get close to those who have gone where you want to go, and have accomplished what you want to accomplish. Grow Spiritually. Think about what and who you want to become.

I am asking you to consider what is at stake in your life. Consider what your thoughts, actions and choices mean to those around you. Live your life fully and with purpose. Have fun and share your happiness. Find Your Faith, and allow God to Grow Your Faith.

Let’s look out for one another. Be a great brother and friend. Inquire. Listen. Ask. Investigate. Reach out. Be There. Take a Step. Go For It.

Remember, We are Brothers in Arms. And, again, take care of each other.

John

That's an amazing letter from Coach Harbaugh. I cannot even begin to give it proper accolades. It's completely on point in all respects IMHO.

One thing that jumped out at me, and I really wish it didn't, is that this guy, John Harbaugh, who penned this wonderful letter is actually related to this guy...
HARBAUGH-FREAKOUT_medium.gif
... who is now in charge of a bunch of, essentially, kids. :thinking:

Seriously, again, hearing that this very young man with basically his whole adult life and his dream of playing NFL football ahead of him had died as a result from this accident is so very sobering. I pray for his peace, hopefully in heaven, and comfort and peace for his family, love ones, and friends.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've ridden Dirt bikes and street since I was 11 yrs old.
There's nothing like getting in the wind to clear your head. When your on a bike, the only thing on your mind is the road ahead.

I've had more than a few close calls on the street. Mostly on surface streets. It will teach you to look at every intersection, no matter the color of the traffic light. There are no fender benders on a street bike.

I sold by Harley to my Dad a couple of years ago. I have zero time to ride, since I have my kids when not at work. They're both 4 yrs old.

I haven't decided if I will get another one. Although I love it, I'm not sure I want my kids on a street bike.
Dirt I'm ok with.