LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I did recently watch the remake of Roadhouse. I didn't hate it in fact some things about it were entertaining. Connor McGregor was the bad guys tough mofo. He was pretty good as a psycho though admittedly at times his acting was very cringe worthy.

I'd say 6.5/10 entertaining though not great, kind of like the original just lacking Kelly Lynch in her prime :o

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanksgiving 2023 Patrick Dempsey. Eli Roth director

After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving-inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts - the birthplace of the infamous holiday.

i went in with with lowered expectations and came out rather pleasantly surprised at how much fun this was. a lot of social commentary in this one as it is roughly based around the 2008 walmart long island thanksgiving trampling that resulted in the death of an employee.
the first half is the best as the pace is very good and at least i started disliking most, if not all of the characters and the wife and I started making a list of whom we wanted to see become part of a thanksgiving dinner first. the second half starts to slow down too much as the movie decided to take it self a little too serious and wasn't as much fun as the first half.
overall this was a good slasher flick (Eli Roth has lots of easter eggs in this one as he pays tribute to horror film genre, especially the 80's. the wife and I enjoyed it to the point where we were glad we took a chance on it.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Couldn’t sleep tonight (it’s now 04:22 here), so I decided to watch a classic film.

I’m going to sound like a pretentious wanker, but Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai (1954) is one of the best films ever made.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Couldn’t sleep tonight (it’s now 04:22 here), so I decided to watch a classic film.

I’m going to sound like a pretentious wanker, but Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai (1954) is one of the best films ever made.
Pretentious wanker.

:hide:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not a bad film.

Shame about it ripping off The Magnificent Seven

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Not a bad film.

Shame about it ripping off The Magnificent Seven
IMG_7932.jpeg

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Just rewatched Kingdom Of Heaven.

I know it’s blasphemous to say this, but in my opinion it’s better than Gladiator. There’s far more to the storyline, and both the landscapes and soundtrack are better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just rewatched Kingdom Of Heaven.

I know it’s blasphemous to say this, but in my opinion it’s better than Gladiator. There’s far more to the storyline.
I really enjoyed this too, it's one of those movies that I watched once and wanted to watch again soon.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
wanted to watch again soon.
Please do so.

I saw it, at the cinema, when it first came out and then watched it again on streaming a year or two ago. Today, I watched it on blu ray. Each time, you see something different in the visuals and notice something new in the storyline. It’s a film that develops with each viewing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please do so.

I saw it, at the cinema, when it first came out and then watched it again on streaming a year or two ago. Today, I watched it on blu ray. Each time, you see something different in the visuals and notice something new in the storyline. It’s a film that develops with each viewing.
Yeah back in the day I think I had this on dvd :) About due for another watch though.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rebel Moon Part 2: the Scargiver

3.5/10

Not sure why I watched this as the first one was complete trash. 2nd one was a hair better but still junk. After 2 movies and about 3 1/2 hours of my life wasted, I honestly can tell you that I only remember one or two of the main characters names in it. A totally uninteresting hot mess in slow motion overkill , shit story line and an emotionless hot piece of garbage. You literally do not care for a single person in it. Anthony Hopkins voicing a robot was best thing about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rebel Moon Part 2: the Scargiver

3.5/10

Not sure why I watched this as the first one was complete trash. 2nd one was a hair better but still junk. After 2 movies and about 3 1/2 hours of my life wasted, I honestly can tell you that I only remember one or two of the main characters names in it. A totally uninteresting hot mess in slow motion overkill , shit story line and an emotionless hot piece of garbage. You literally do not care for a single person in it. Anthony Hopkins voicing a robot was best thing about it.
Man... It's always good to see you posting. Hope you're doing well.

But...Wait! You watched the first two all the way through and thought it a good idea to watch a third, and with the word "Scargiver" in the title??

You know...there's a saying about "fool me twice". But Scargiver?
:ROFLMAO:

Hope you know I'm just messing with you.

Cheers man

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Man... It's always good to see you posting. Hope you're doing well.

But...Wait! You watched the first two all the way through and thought it a good idea to watch a third, and with the word "Scargiver" in the title??

You know...there's a saying about "fool me twice". But Scargiver?
:ROFLMAO:

Hope you know I'm just messing with you.

Cheers man
lol not 3rd, this was the 2nd, but ending makes it seems like a shitty 3rd will be on the way(which i'd probably watch just to see how bad it is and torture myself). Almost turned it off halfway but sadly I was committed like I was John fkn Wick!

Been meaning to post more again but life tends to like to get in the way and make me more of a ghost, I do need to work on that lol. Doing good and life is always good :) hope all is well with you to man! Cheers!!!!

BTW off topic, I believe i know your answer but what is best way in your opinion to cook ribs? I have my go to, just seeing what an expert thinks, for home cooking that is.

*BTW again(and yes this should go into recipe thread but to lazy to post it all) made a cheeseburger shepherds pie with gravy few weeks ago with beef and sweet pork that killed. Should look into that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
lol not 3rd, this was the 2nd, but ending makes it seems like a shitty 3rd will be on the way(which i'd probably watch just to see how bad it is and torture myself). Almost turned it off halfway but sadly I was committed like I was John fkn Wick!

Been meaning to post more again but life tends to like to get in the way and make me more of a ghost, I do need to work on that lol. Doing good and life is always good :) hope all is well with you to man! Cheers!!!!

BTW off topic, I believe i know your answer but what is best way in your opinion to cook ribs? I have my go to, just seeing what an expert thinks, for home cooking that is.

*BTW again(and yes this should go into recipe thread but to lazy to post it all) made a cheeseburger shepherds pie with gravy few weeks ago with beef and sweet pork that killed. Should look into that.
I just simply peel the skein off the backside, rub them with my Hog Wired rub and smoke them at 275 for about 4 or 5 hours depending on weather. I'm actually doing a couple racks today.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Just about to come off. Should be pretty tasty.
PXL_20240421_014643004~2.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just simply peel the skein off the backside, rub them with my Hog Wired rub and smoke them at 275 for about 4 or 5 hours depending on weather. I'm actually doing a couple racks today.
Figured thats about how you did em up. Might need to look into getting a smoker. Been wanting one for a bit.
Just about to come off. Should be pretty tasty.View attachment 65289
Damn those look awesome man! Makes me want to make some ribs now lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Figured thats about how you did em up. Might need to look into getting a smoker. Been wanting one for a bit.
I have a Masterbuilt Gravity Series. It's cool because it is a charcoal grill that has wifi. So I can get it started and monitor and/or adjust it on my phone.

I can also use splits in the hopper so I get really good wood smoke flavor.

I ended up going with 250 for about 4 hours as it was pretty warm here.