Ranking the top 5 wide receivers in Rams history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isaac Bruce has to be the most impressive. Think of his career, where he was the number one wide receiver, with the likes of Chris Chandler, Chris Miller, and Tony Banks throwing to him from 1994-1998. Kurt Warner was a revelation in 1999, but soon Torry Holt was the best as Rev Ike declined. Bruuuuuuuuuuuucee!

bnw

Pro Bowler
Bruce and Holt should be 1 and 2. They played when the defenses were prepared for the pass both mentally and physically but they still couldn't be stopped.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No Brian Quick....ok, ok....I shouldn't need blue font for that one either.....matter of fact....
tempHU000507--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Mike Thomas.oops:unsure::whistle::redcard:..Marquez North..My "new :heh:Quick":shades::popcorn:

Henry Ellard was better than people think....Flipper Anderson HAD HOF talent...so did Henry...Preston Dennard was pretty good too. Check out the Snow highlights as well...

Ron Brown....I wish he'd have gotten more targets...

Top 5 is great...some of those guys didn't have Waterfield, NVB, Warner, or even a Bulger throwing them the ball.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No to Lloyd?
For what he accomplished as a Ram? Heck no
Was only on the team for 10 games, had a terrible attitude, quit on routes and only caught about 40% of the passes thrown his way.
Heck Chris Givens was better as a rookie

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Henry Ellard was better than people think
I see it as Ellard/Bruce as 1, 1A (In my lifetime)
Ellard>Holt
Pretty sure he was #2 all time in receiving yards when he retired, just played in an era that 1000 yards receiving was huge

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
In their prime these guys were usually paired with another great WR (Fears-Hirsh, Ellard-Anderson, Bruce-Holt) and usually had good QB play. I cannot really rank Fears and Hirsh since I did not se them play. From 1976 to present my top four would be Bruce first followed by Holt, Ellard, and Anderson.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is undoubtedly an award winning Post, Great List of Players and Great videos to display their talents!!
But just for the Fun of it, Because it's Fathers Day! Here are, in no special order, the rest of the "Fathers of the Rams Receiving Dynasty!"

* Flipper Anderson
* Harold Jackson
* Jack Snow
* Preston Denard
* Ricky Proehl
* Drew Hill
* Jesse Hester
* Ron Brown
* Billy Waddy
* Ron Jesse
* Ollie Matson
* Tommy McDonald
* Bernie Casey

Who did I mis!?! I tried t get all the really good ones!! Just for a Fathers Day Treat!! It's Fun remembering them!!

Dave, you mentioned Proehl, but not Az-Zahir Hakim? Hakim was dynamic and definitely deserves to be mentioned.

Debacled

Starter
I feel like Holt and Bruce are somewhat taken for granted just because of how good that offense was.

They won a SB and were catalysts in a record breaking offense. Can't do anything but list them as 1 and 2 imo.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So our #1 WR in yards, receptions, and TDs is #2 on the list. Okay. . . .

And two of those guys probably couldn't play in the modern NFL.

And most stars in any sports in the 40s and 50s would not be able to be competitive now...That's apples and oranges to me...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dave, you mentioned Proehl, but not Az-Zahir Hakim? Hakim was dynamic and definitely deserves to be mentioned.
Your absolutely Right! My Bad! When I started compiling my list I started with "Flipper", Because I thought of him and Everett 1st and then went back in time! My mistake!!:oops:
But I did ask at the end "Who did I miss!!:D Missing "Az" was a Bad miss though!!:hiding:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In their prime these guys were usually paired with another great WR (Fears-Hirsh, Ellard-Anderson, Bruce-Holt) and usually had good QB play. I cannot really rank Fears and Hirsh since I did not se them play. From 1976 to present my top four would be Bruce first followed by Holt, Ellard, and Anderson.
I did see Fears and Hirsh and you can take my word for it, they belong in the top 5!
BUT!!! I really feel it's impossible to do a TOP 5 Rams WR List! Too many GREATS spread out over several different Era's!! AND THEY ALL COULD PLAY TODAY!! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS!!!!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think Lloyd - Amendola and Britt where pretty equal. JMHO!
Different roles, but when you said that it made me think ... all we needed was to have all three of them on the team at one time and we'd have seen a much better offense.