Ranking the NFC West QB’s for 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to argue with that list.

However, if you were starting a team today... would Goff be your top pick in the West? He would be mine (being just 23... Wilson is 29 already).

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
a81f883e8291728386cfd79ea02d3ac1.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

However, if you were starting a team today... would Goff be your top pick in the West? He would be mine (being just 23... Wilson is 29 already).
I know some find it sacrilegious to give credit to Wilson, but I think he is great.
And Goff is right on his heels.
Like watching a horse race where you see one coming from the outside hard, you just know the leader is hanging on, and its only a matter of time before he gets blown by

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The video is unwatchable with those fucking dots animation on the screen. But yeah I agree. Wilson has been amazing with a shitty Seahawks team. He's proven to everyone he can carry the load.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Media be like....

1. Jimmy Garoppolo
2. Jimmy G
3. Jimmy oh Jimmy fapfapfapfapfapFAP
4. Everyone else

I'm actually surprised they gave Wussel the props he deserves.

…..

Legend

Asking a different way....

Would the Rams be a better team if you swap Wilson and Goff?

I can see effective arguments to both sides.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I always felt Russell Wilson is the best quarterback in the division until proven otherwise. I have no problem acknowledging Goff is number two right now. But he could end up number one by season's end. What I like about Goff is, he can be a game manager when needed or he can be a gunslinger when needed. Its good to have a blend of both.

Ram65

Legend
I'm focusing more on the Rams team. It's nice to have the best at this position and the best at that position but, it's a team game. I'll take the Rams over the rest in the West. It will be interesting to see how/if Bradford holds up and if Jimmy G gets exposed. Goff has to keep growing and improving every week. He will as he has all it takes to be one of the best. I don't want to praise Wilson. I'll say that the Hags would be nothing without him though.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Wilson is very good and the best in the division right now.
I also often wonder how he would do in an offence that is primarily based on a pocket passer.
I believe that Goff will be better than him very soon and am glad that the Rams have him.

nighttrain

Legend
I also often wonder how he would do in an offence that is primarily based on a pocket passer.
I believe that Goff will be better than him very soon and am glad that the Rams have him.
it will come to pass in 2019, Wilson's 4 year contract will be over and he'll hit FA at 31. If the Hawks aren't a bunch improved it will be a new home for wilson
train

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Wussel is a more proven commodity than Goff at this point, but we'll see by the end of the year.
And even Bradford might turn a few heads in AZ this year, until someone makes the slightest contact with his knee.

dang

Legend
Rankings are generally based on consistent success. Rams success is new but will be considered consistent by end of 2018 season. Until then - there is work to be done to achieve consistent success.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I know some find it sacrilegious to give credit to Wilson, but I think he is great.
And Goff is right on his heels.
Like watching a horse race where you see one coming from the outside hard, you just know the leader is hanging on, and its only a matter of time before he gets blown by

Wilson is a hell of a competitor, but IMO Goff is the better QB today. I am a bit biased as I prefer pocket passers that can move around over running QBs. IMO it is Wilsons competitiveness that can be his downfall when facing a good or great DL, he takes too many sacks and makes too many mistakes. Sometimes it is better to throw it away than to run backwards then just chuck it as your getting hit or slung to the ground. Wilson has always had trouble against the Rams D, and I dont watch many if any of his games against other teams.

Goff isnt great yet but he is well on his way.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Wow Goff over the wonder kid ? Very suprising, usually media is all over Garapollo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Elephant in the room observation here.
Who is the dumbfuck producer/whatevermyjobtitleis that decided that putting that silly, fuzzy disco ball looking effect into those analysis videos was a good idea?

Talking head: "Look here....QB snaps the ball, makes a read...." [blurry effect starts]
Clip ends [blurry effect off]

Ummm i can't see whats going on behind your neato effect. I can't believe some of these people went to school and have jobs and make decisions on high profile productions like this.

/rant

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Wil that effect is bad. I thought maybe you guys were just thinking about something small but damn. @Mojo Ram is right. Fire everyone who looked at that before it went out and didn't say anything.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IIRC they have to do that to get around the copyright of the video.