Ranking the Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8891791/2013-nfl-free-agency-bill-polian-ranks-top-free-agents-tier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... gents-tier</a>

With the 2012 season officially in the books, attention now turns to team plans for 2013. For NFL front offices, however, that process started long ago.

As early as Thanksgiving, general managers begin evaluating their projected rosters for the following season, studying the draft and free-agent classes to see how they can best augment their talent. By the time the Super Bowl rolls around, they already have a list of key offseason targets, particularly for free agency, which opens March 12.

Although the draft provides the nucleus of your starters in today's NFL, the majority of your roster still comes from free agency and the pro-scouting process. That said, there is almost always a risk in signing a free agent. That a player even reaches free agency is a warning sign on some level. If his team thought he was a truly valuable commodity, how come it hasn't already locked him up? But that can't -- and won't -- deter teams as they round out their rosters.

I'm certain that between now and then you'll see multiple lists ranking this year's free-agent class from No. 1 right on down the line. While I understand why those lists exist, it is not how a real NFL GM approaches free agency. There are several elements that make a comprehensive ranking moot. For starters, players have different values in different systems. A team that plays a lot of Cover 2 might not emphasize a cornerback the same as a blitz-heavy team such as the New York Jets.

Dwight Freeney might be a great pickup for a team utilizing a Wide-9 scheme, although he makes less sense as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 set. And while Andy Levitre is a great player, how much does a team want to pay a guard? With all these variables unique to each team, there's no universal value for a player.

As a GM, when I approached free agency, I utilized a tier system based on how I valued players. It involved three classes, which you'll see below:

Free-agency tiers
A Players: Worth paying big, starter-caliber money.
B Players: Guys I would sign but only if the value made sense.
C Players: Guys I'd sign for low-salary, short-term (one or two years) value, with low bonuses.

Within each of those groups, there are further considerations, particularly injuries, age and character. The concern with injury is obvious, as that player might never recapture his previous level of performance or even see the field. Age is a concern for anyone older than 26 because a five-year contract would take the player past age 30, a precipice after which players usually decline rapidly. This is a concern for some positions more than others, however, and must account for how much a player has been used to that point. An every-down running back at age 26 might have less tread on his tires than a 28-year-old who has seen limited carries to this point.

Based on the information we have as of Feb. 4 and using my tier system, what follows is a 35,000-foot view of the free-agent landscape based on player performance, positional scarcity and the overall market for certain players. In short, these names are my best available free agents for 2013.

As teams make additional cuts, there likely will be new names added to the mix before March 12. For now, we're working with the players normally scheduled to reach unrestricted free agency. Where applicable, I've indicated any concerns I have due to age, injury or character. They are grouped first by tier, then by position. Appearing higher within a certain tier does not mean a player is more valuable than those below him.

Tier A: Offense

AJoe FlaccoDOB: 1/16/85HT: 6-6WT: 245POS: QB2012 TEAM: Baltimore
Att 657Comp 390Yds 4,957TD 33INT 10QBR 55.3Player Analysis
I would assume he will be franchised or reach a long-term agreement with the Ravens. He definitely deserves top-tier money, however; he has proved that much. Flacco is streaky, but when he's on, he can win for you. This past postseason has shown exactly that.

ASteven JacksonDOB: 7/22/83HT: 6-2WT: 240POS: RB2012 TEAM: St. Louis
Att 257Yds 1,042Avg 4.1Long 22Fum 0TD 4Player Analysis
For running backs, seven seasons is about the time when tread runs out on their tires. Jackson has been in the league for nine, but I think he's the best back no one really celebrates. His age and service time are a concern but he's a warrior and a guy you want on your team. If the price is right, a contender could get him for two to three years and feel pretty good about it. I think he could be a Corey Dillon-like find but without the baggage. He's a true blue guy.

AWes WelkerDOB: 5/1/81HT: 5-9WT: 185POS: WR2012 TEAM: New England
Rec 134Yds 1,602Avg 11.5Long 59TD 6Player Analysis
He will be 32 at the start of the 2013 season and is a big age concern. How much money do you want invested in a player who is small, is not very fast and excels in New England's offense but doesn't have a lot of years in front of him? That's the question teams face with Welker. The Patriots didn't sign him long term, which should be an indicator of his value. Will they franchise him at $12 million? I don't know. Will he command more on the open market? I don't know. You can't deny he's a good player. It's his value that remains a question.

AMike WallaceDOB: 8/1/86HT: 6-0WT: 199POS: WR2012 TEAM: Pittsburgh
Rec 64Yds 836Avg 13.1Long 82TD 8Player Analysis
Wallace is a good route runner, has good instincts and typically has good hands, but he's small and you worry about injury. Inconsistency in the past also is a concern. Pittsburgh didn't reach a deal with him, which will make some teams wary, but this league is always looking for WRs with speed who can take the top off a defense -- and he can do that.

AMartellus BennettDOB: 1/10/87HT: 6-6WT: 265POS: TE2012 TEAM: NY Giants
Rec 55Yds 626Avg 11.4Long 33TD 5Player Analysis
Bennett is young, but to date he has never really lived up to his potential. He has great speed, above average hands and good size to be a good blocker, but he doesn't play consistently. He's one of those free-agent gambles who might or might not pay off.

AJared CookDOB: 4/7/87HT: 6-5WT: 248POS: TE2012 TEAM: Tennessee
Rec 44Yds 523Avg 11.9Long 61TD 4Player Analysis
I think there's a lot of upside for Cook, but he has not played to the level of an A player just yet. Still, I think he'll command some money based on his potential. He is more consistent than Bennett and had a better year in 2013, but I'm always a little skeptical of players who come on in a contract year. There's a chance he could be franchised.

AGreg JonesDOB: 5/9/81HT: 6-1WT: 265POS: FB2012 TEAM: Jacksonville
Att 5Yds 8Avg 1.6Long 4Fum 0TD 0Player Analysis
Even at age 31, Jones is a good player and adds value because of his toughness and work ethic. If he's affordable, he's a guy I want on my football team. Of course the questions are: Can he pass a physical? And is he affordable? He is one of the few FBs who can carry the ball and do it well.

AAndy LevitreDOB: 5/15/86HT: 6-2WT: 305POS: G2012 TEAM: Buffalo
GP 16GS 16Player Analysis
Levitre is a very solid, professional, strong, offensive guard. While he has the talent, his position might limit the money he'll see.

ARyan CladyDOB: 9/6/86HT: 6-6WT: 315POS: T2012 TEAM: Denver
His shoulder injury might be a concern, but he has been solid for the Broncos since he was a rookie. Tackles such as Clady command big money, and he will, too … assuming his shoulder is OK.

ASebastian VollmerDOB: 7/10/84HT: 6-8WT: 320POS: T2012 TEAM: New England
GP 15GS 15Player Analysis
Pass protection is his strong suit. He has pretty good feet and long arms, and moves well. He has had some injury concerns, but he came to football late in life (relatively speaking), so there might be some latent upside. It would be worth sinking some money into him, assuming he's got a clean bill of health.

AJermon BushrodDOB: 8/19/84HT: 6-5WT: 315POS: T2012 TEAM: New Orleans
He's big and powerful, but Bushrod is not a great pass protector and his feet are a concern. His size and length help him some, though. As an all-around guy, he's a fit. A long-term deal should still provide decent value for a team.

AGosder CherilusDOB: 6/28/84HT: 6-7WT: 325POS: T2012 TEAM: Detroit
GP 16GS 15Player Analysis
Solid, but nothing spectacular, Cherilus has no glaring deficiencies. Solid tackles are hard to come by, but with lots of linemen in the draft, it might drive down the money for linemen in this free-agent class. GMs know that, and it will be reflected in their offers. I put him with the A's because he's been a reasonably good starter for a time.

AJake LongDOB: 5/9/85HT: 6-7WT: 319POS: T2012 TEAM: Miami
GP 12GS 12Player Analysis
His reputation will make him an A player, but he is an injury and age concern to me. He is turning only 28 to start next season, but he already has played 74 games, making a long-term deal a risk. He's missed time the past two seasons as well. Someone will pay him, though.

ABranden AlbertDOB: 11/4/84HT: 6-5WT: 316POS: T2012 TEAM: Kansas City
He's a high draft choice who has disappointed at tackle for Kansas City. There has been some talk about him moving to guard, which is where I see him fitting best and which will affect the offers he receives. I tend to slot him more as a B player, but certain teams get enamored by size and he's certainly got that (6-foot-5, 316 pounds), so there probably will be a market for him.

Tier A: Defense

AHenry MeltonDOB: 10/11/86HT: 6-3WT: 295POS: DT2012 TEAM: Chicago
Tkl 43Solo 31Sack 6.0FF 2Player Analysis
Melton is a converted college FB who became a great 3-technique player in a Dungy Tampa 2 defense. The trouble is, he fits only that defense and that seriously limits his market. That said, if you're going to play that scheme, this position is of critical importance.

ARandy StarksDOB: 12/14/83HT: 6-3WT: 305POS: DT2012 TEAM: Miami
Tkl 27Solo 18Sack 4.5FF 0Player Analysis
He's older, but he could be effective as an inside, space-eating 3-4 or power 4-3 kind of tackle. He had a very good year with Miami. This type of player is hard to find, so I imagine he'll have a market.

AAnthony SpencerDOB: 1/23/84HT: 6-3WT: 250POS: DE2012 TEAM: Dallas
Tkl 95Solo 55Sack 11.0FF 2Player Analysis
He played OLB in Dallas' 3-4 scheme, but I think he's more of a 4-3 end. He is an outstanding pass-rusher. As I mentioned earlier, I'm normally wary of players having good seasons in contract years, but putting him at OLB doesn't allow him to do what he does best, which is rush upfield. And I see upside for him in a 4-3 scheme.

ACliff AvrilDOB: 4/8/86HT: 6-3WT: 260POS: DE2012 TEAM: Detroit
Tkl 35Solo 28Sack 9.5FF 2Player Analysis
Avril is an outside rusher who is not particualrly stout against the run, but pass-rushers are always in demand. I see low-A money in his future, but not right on the mark. He's a talented player and young (27 in 2013 season).

ADwight FreeneyDOB: 2/19/80HT: 6-1WT: 268POS: DE2012 TEAM: Indianapolis
Tkl 12Solo 10Sack 5.0FF 1Player Analysis
As you'd imagine I'm rather familiar with him. I see Freeney as a fit in a Wide-9 scheme or as a 4-3 DE. I believe he still has a lot of talent, but age is definitely a concern.

AMichael JohnsonDOB: 2/7/87HT: 6-7WT: 270POS: DE2012 TEAM: Cincinnati
Tkl 54Solo 36Sack 11.5FF 0Player Analysis
Great size and production (11.5 sacks) make him an ideal target for teams in the market for a pass-rusher.

APaul KrugerDOB: 2/15/86HT: 6-4WT: 270POS: LB2012 TEAM: Baltimore
Tkl 56Solo 39Sack 13.5FF 2Player Analysis
An outside pass-rusher, Kruger can play OLB or DE. He is coming off his rookie contract and really came into his own this season. He's become a very efficient pass-rusher, and there is a market for a player like that.

ARey MaualugaDOB: 1/20/87HT: 6-1WT: 268POS: LB2012 TEAM: Cincinnati
Tkl 122Solo 62Sack 1.0FF 0Player Analysis
He's had off-field issues, although none recently. I think free agency will really benefit him because he's more of a B player, but he is a starter in Cincy and could be a solid starter elsewhere. There aren't a lot of interior LBs on the market, so I think he'll command A money.

ABrent GrimesDOB: 7/19/83HT: 5-10WT: 183POS: CB2012 TEAM: Atlanta
Tkl 6Solo 6Sack 0FF 0INT 0Player Analysis
Solid young player, but injury concern (Achilles) might reduce his value. He's a starting-caliber corner if he answers his health question.

ACary WilliamsDOB: 12/23/84HT: 6-1WT: 190POS: CB2012 TEAM: Baltimore
Tkl 102Solo 88Sack 1.0FF 0INT 6Player Analysis
Williams is a very good man-to-man corner who stepped in for Lardarius Webb and outpaced expectations with the Ravens. He's probably low A, but because of his good year, I think he'll be able to cash in and get A-level money.

AWilliam MooreDOB: 5/18/85HT: 6-0WT: 221POS: S2012 TEAM: Atlanta
Tkl 86Solo 63Sack 1.0FF 2INT 4Player Analysis
Moore is not a spectacular player, but he could start for most teams in the league. He's a good all-around type, solid in all phases of the game.

AJairus ByrdDOB: 10/7/86HT: 5-10WT: 203POS: S2012 TEAM: Buffalo
Tkl 76Solo 53Sack 0FF 4INT 5Player Analysis
Timed speed is a question mark, but instincts, toughness and production are not.

ALouis DelmasDOB: 4/12/87HT: 5-11WT: 202POS: S2012 TEAM: Detroit
Tkl 38Solo 28Sack 0FF 0INT 1Player Analysis
Delmas has good range and good instincts, and is very tough. He battled a knee injury all season, but I see him as a very interesting safety. His position might not command a big-money deal, however.

AEd ReedDOB: 9/11/78HT: 5-11WT: 205POS: S2012 TEAM: Baltimore
Tkl 73Solo 53Sack 0FF 0INT 5Player Analysis
For years, Reed has been the best safety in the NFL, unconventional as he might be. His instincts are unparalleled, but age is a concern at this stage of the game, and I'm not sure whether there's a long-term deal out there for him. He probably will go back to Baltimore, but I've seen some rumors mention New England. That's a possibility. He is on the down side of his career but still is a great player and a Hall of Famer. Could he have value as a tutor for younger players? Sure, but no one plays the position like Reed does. He's one of the smartest and most unconventional safeties I've seen, and I don't think anyone could emulate him.

ALaRon LandryDOB: 10/14/84HT: 6-0WT: 220POS: S2012 TEAM: NY Jets
Tkl 99Solo 75Sack 0FF 4INT 2Player Analysis
Landry had a good year for a bad team. He's a striker, a big hitter. While he is a little older, he's still a pretty serviceable player. We're closer to B territory now, but for a team looking for a safety, he could do a good job.

AGlover QuinDOB: 1/15/86HT: 6-0WT: 207POS: S2012 TEAM: Houston
Tkl 84Solo 64Sack 1.0FF 2INT 2Player Analysis
Just an athletic, tough safety. If you want a safety to play man, cover ground, and go up and play in the nickel on the line of scrimmage, this is a guy who does all of that well. I think he has more value to Houston than to another team, so I think the Texans will do what they can to sign him. Within the role he plays, he's very good.

Tier A: Special Teams

ADustin ColquittDOB: 5/6/82HT: 6-3WT: 210POS: P2012 TEAM: Kansas City
Punts 83Avg 46.8Long 71TB 7In20 45Player Analysis
If you're in the market for a punter, there are good ones on the market. People don't really chase punters, but Colquitt is one who can flip the field, and that bears mentioning.

AShane LechlerDOB: 8/7/76HT: 6-2WT: 230POS: P2012 TEAM: Oakland
Punts 81Avg 47.2Long 68TB 9In20 21Player Analysis
Lechler is an incredibly gifted punter. He can flip the field seemingly whenever he wants and manipulate the ball to his bidding. I'd rank him slightly ahead of Colquitt, but both are talented. How much do you want to pay for a punter? That will depend on the team. But he's a weapon.

APat McAfeeDOB: 5/2/87HT: 6-1WT: 220POS: P2012 TEAM: Indianapolis
Punts 73Avg 48.2Long 64TB 8In20 26Player Analysis
He is a B as a punter, but he also is a good kickoff guy and can be a kicker, so there's value in that versatility as you manage a limited roster. Indianapolis might pay him if the Colts believe he can replace Adam Vinatieri eventually. He's not the punter Lechler or Colquitt is, but just a notch below. He has become better directionally than in the past.

Tier B: Offense (notables)

As I mentioned above, the B players are guys worth pursuing only if you can get them at a good value. A lot of these players might surprise you because there are some big names in this group. For those, I've detailed some of the reasons keeping them out of A territory. I've also provided some detail on players I think could be particularly appealing in this tier. The remainder are grouped into the chart below.

BDerek AndersonDOB: 6/15/83HT: 6-6WT: 230POS: QB2012 TEAM: Carolina
Att 4Comp 4Yds 58TD 0INT 0QBR 91.6Player Analysis
Teams without a quarterback probably will consider him. He has proved to be relatively reliable over the course of his career. As a backup he's ideal, but if the price is right, you ought to think about him as a starter.

BDrew StantonDOB: 5/7/84HT: 6-3WT: 243POS: QB2012 TEAM: Indianapolis
Att 0Comp 0Yds 0TD 0INT 0QBR N/APlayer Analysis
Stanton certainly warrants consideration as a backup and might even have starting ability, but he does not have the body of work Anderson does. He's an interesting prospect.

BFelix JonesDOB: 5/8/87HT: 5-10WT: 215POS: RB2012 TEAM: Dallas
Att 111Yds 402Avg 3.6Long 22Fum 1TD 3Player Analysis
You'll recognize the name, but 2012 was just the second time in his five-year career he's played 16 games.

BJavon RingerDOB: 2/2/87HT: 5-9WT: 213POS: RB2012 TEAM: Tennessee
Att 2Yds 14Avg 7.0Long 9Fum 0TD 0Player Analysis
Ringer is a good short-yardage and goal-line runner. He's coming off a serious knee injury, which worries me, but he's a solid player. I see him as a No. 2 back in a San Francisco-style attack. In Indianapolis, we needed and wanted someone like him.

BReggie BushDOB: 3/2/85HT: 6-0WT: 203POS: RB2012 TEAM: Miami
Att 227Yds 986Avg 4.3Long 65Fum 4TD 6Player Analysis
He's a name, but at this stage in his career, he's a third-down guy.

BGreg JenningsDOB: 9/21/83HT: 5-11WT: 198POS: WR2012 TEAM: Green Bay
Rec 46Yds 481Avg 10.4Long 45TD 5Player Analysis
Jennings will be a big name, but this is the classic question mark: How much do you pay a guy who will turn 30 at the start of the 2013 season and is coming off of two injury-plagued seasons?

BDwayne BoweDOB: 9/21/84HT: 6-2WT: 221POS: WR2012 TEAM: Kansas City
Rec 59Yds 801Avg 13.6Long 47TD 3Player Analysis
Bowe is certain to be one of the names all the gurus will be talking about, but he has inconsistent hands. The QB situation in Kansas City doesn't affect him that much; you have to catch the ball when it's thrown to you. Bowe will intrigue some people, and others will shy away.

BDanny AmendolaDOB: 11/2/85HT: 5-11WT: 188POS: WR2012 TEAM: St. Louis
Rec 63Yds 666Avg 10.6Long 56TD 3Player Analysis
He's coming off injury, but I see him as a younger Wes Welker. He's a good possession receiver.

BAustin CollieDOB: 11/11/85HT: 6-0WT: 204POS: WR2012 TEAM: Indianapolis
Rec 1Yds 6Avg 6.0Long 6TD 0Player Analysis
Injuries are the concern, particularly the concussions. That will be reflected in the amount of money he gets. If you're willing to gamble a little on the health questions and he can put it behind him, Collie is a very solid slot receiver -- smart, tough and resourceful.

BJosh CribbsDOB: 6/9/83HT: 6-1WT: 215POS: WR2012 TEAM: Cleveland
Rec 7Yds 63Avg 9.0Long 24TD 0Player Analysis
At this stage, Cribbs is a return man only, and his age will drive the price and longevity of term down.

BAnthony FasanoDOB: 4/20/84HT: 6-4WT: 255POS: TE2012 TEAM: Miami
Rec 41Yds 332Avg 8.1Long 22TD 5Player Analysis
Receiving and speed aren't his strong suits, but he can block. As a solid, all-around guy, he'll get the job done.

BDelanie WalkerDOB: 8/12/84HT: 6-0WT: 242POS: TE2012 TEAM: San Fran
Rec 26Yds 429Avg 16.5Long 45TD 3Player Analysis
He's a valuable role player. He can catch the ball, block, even play a little fullback. At the right price, he's a good addition to a contending team. He's reliable.

BGary BarnidgeDOB: 9/22/85HT: 6-5WT: 250POS: TE2012 TEAM: Carolina
Rec 6Yds 78Avg 13.0Long 24TD 1Player Analysis
Built with a long body, he catches pretty well and has been pretty reliable. He won't be a big-money guy, but he'll probably be a pretty good addition to a team.

Tier B: Defense (notables)

BKevin VickersonDOB: 1/8/83HT: 6-5WT: 290POS: DT2012 TEAM: Denver
Tkl 40Solo 28Sack 2.0FF 1Player Analysis
Age is a concern, but he plays awfully well. Defensive tackles tend to play a little longer than most positions, though, so the risk isn't as big as with other positions.

BTerrance KnightonDOB: 7/4/86HT: 6-3WT: 330POS: DT2012 TEAM: Jacksonville
Tkl 32Solo 20Sack 2.0FF 2Player Analysis
His lack of consistent effort and conditioning is a concern.

BSen'Derrick MarksDOB: 2/23/87HT: 6-2WT: 294POS: DT2012 TEAM: Tennessee
Tkl 41Solo 30Sack 2.0FF 1Player Analysis
An interior pass-rusher and pretty good at it, Marks will be sought after. He has gotten better against the run over the years as well. For teams with a need at defensive tackle, he fits the bill.

BRicky Jean FrancoisDOB: 6/23/87HT: 6-3WT: 295POS: DT2012 TEAM: San Fran
Tkl 24Solo 13Sack 2.0FF 0Player Analysis
Another player I've seen improve year over year, he can play all three 3-4 defensive line positions, although he probably is better suited to play a 3-4 end. A solid player, he is young and has shown he can develop.

BGlenn DorseyDOB: 8/1/85HT: 6-1WT: 297POS: DE2012 TEAM: Kansas City
Tkl 7Solo 4Sack 0FF 0Player Analysis
Dorsey has never played to the level of his draft position, but his big name will command attention.

BMike DeVitoDOB: 6/10/84HT: 6-3WT: 305POS: DE2012 TEAM: NY Jets
Tkl 52Solo 27Sack 1.0FF 2Player Analysis
He's a hard-playing run-defender, and teams that play the 3-4 will take a look at him as a valuable role player.

BJustin DurantDOB: 9/20/85HT: 6-1WT: 240POS: LB2012 TEAM: Detroit
Tkl 103Solo 82Sack 0.5FF 0Player Analysis
Durant is still young, with upside. Depending on the value of the deal, he could make for a good pickup. Some might see him as an A.

BPhilip WheelerDOB: 12/12/84HT: 6-2WT: 240POS: LB2012 TEAM: Oakland
Tkl 109Solo 78Sack 3.0FF 2Player Analysis
Wheeler had a good year in Oakland in 2012. His best position is SAM LB, which is not a big-demand position. But he can run, hit and blitz. He's gotten better every year.

BErik WaldenDOB: 12/12/84HT: 6-2WT: 240POS: LB2012 TEAM: Green Bay
Tkl 46Solo 27Sack 3.0FF 0Player Analysis
He's an up-and-coming guy. He flies around the field and is tough. He's well suited to the 3-4, young and with upside. I don't see a big market, but nonetheless he's an asset.

BCaptain MunnerlynDOB: 4/10/88HT: 5-8WT: 190POS: CB2012 TEAM: Carolina
Tkl 61Solo 48Sack 0FF 0INT 2Player Analysis
He's a fit as a nickel CB who has good skills and insticnts. He can also contribute in the return game.

BPatrick ChungDOB: 8/19/87HT: 5-11WT: 210POS: S2012 TEAM: New England
Tkl 44Solo 29Sack 0FF 0INT 2Player Analysis
He has a big name and talent, but he's an injury concern.

Tier B: Special Teams

BRob BironasDOB: 1/29/78HT: 6-0WT: 210POS: K2012 TEAM: Tennessee
FGM 25FGA 31LNG 53XPM 35XPA 35Player Analysis
Bironas is old but still a good kicker.

BLawrence TynesDOB: 5/3/78HT: 6-1WT: 194POS: K2012 TEAM: NY Giants
FGM 33FGA 39LNG 50XPM 46XPA 46Player Analysis
He gets points for handling the winds of the Meadowlands and for his experience in clutch situations.

Remaining B's
Remaining B free agents
Player Position DOB 2012 team Concerns
Matt Moore QB 8/9/84 Miami --
Danny Woodhead RB 1/25/85 New England --
Shonn Greene RB 8/21/85 NY Jets --
Brandon Taint WR 10/5/87 Cincinnati --
Donnie Avery WR 6/12/84 Indianapolis --
Devery Henderson WR 3/26/82 New Orleans --
Darius Reynaud WR 12/29/84 Tennessee --
Brandon Gibson WR 8/13/87 St. Louis --
Dustin Keller TE 9/25/84 NY Jets Injury
Cameron Morrah TE 3/18/87 Seattle Injury
Kevin Boothe OG 7/5/83 NY Giants --
Brandon Moore OG 6/3/80 NY Jets --
Sam Baker OT 5/30/85 Atlanta --
Andre Smith OT 1/25/87 Cincinnati --
Will Beatty OT 3/2/85 NY Giants --
Issac Sopoaga NT 9/4/81 San Fran Age
Jason Jones DT 5/23/86 Seattle --
Dwan Edwards DT 5/16/81 Carolina --
Lawrence Sidbury DE 2/6/86 Atlanta --
Israel Idonije DE 11/17/80 Chicago Age
Robert Geathers DE 8/11/83 Cincinnati --
Manny Lawson LB 7/3/84 Cincinnati --
Shaun Phillips LB 5/13/81 San Diego --
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB 4/7/86 Philadelphia --
Leodis McKelvin DB 9/1/85 Buffalo Injury
Tracy Porter CB 8/11/86 Denver Injury
Kenny Phillips S 11/24/86 NY Giants --

Tier C
Now we're into roster filler territory. That isn't to say these players won't contribute and can't provide value, but they aren't going to command a long-term commitment nor a particularly big salary.

Tier C free agents
Player Position DOB 2012 team Concerns
Michael Adams CB 6/17/85 Arizona --
Nick Eason DE 5/29/80 Arizona --
Rashad Johnson S 1/2/86 Arizona --
James Sanders S 11/11/83 Arizona --
James Ihedigbo S 12/3/83 Baltimore -
Ma'ake Kemoeatu NT 1/10/79 Baltimore Injury
Bryant McKinnie OT 9/23/79 Baltimore Injury
Tashard Choice RB 11/20/84 Buffalo --
Jordan Senn LB 6/11/84 Carolina --
Kelvin Hayden CB 7/23/83 Chicago Injury/Age
Bruce Gradkowski QB 1/27/83 Cincinnati --
Brian Leonard RB 2/3/84 Cincinnati --
Mike Nugent K 3/2/82 Cincinnati --
Phil Dawson K 1/23/75 Cleveland Age
Kaluka Maiava LB 12/27/86 Cleveland Injury
Mohamed Massaquoi WR 11/24/86 Cleveland --
Juqua Parker DE 5/15/78 Cleveland Age
Ben Watson TE 12/18/80 Cleveland --
Jacob Hester RB 5/8/85 Denver --
Dan Koppen C 9/12/79 Denver Age
Jim Leonhard S 10/27/82 Denver Injury/Age
Kevin Smith RB 12/17/86 Detroit Injury
Derek Landri DT 9/21/83 Philadelphia Injury/Age

nighttrain

Legend
lot of work there CGI, only thing, i think you have to many guys in top tier based on potential, not past performance
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
lot of work there CGI, only thing, i think you have to many guys in top tier based on potential, not past performance
train

Somebody at ESPN put a lot of work into it! :razzed: