Ranking the 5 Worst NFL Rosters Ahead of 2023 OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"That's why they play the games"

I'm ok with being a bottom 5 roster during OTA's, and will enjoy being a top 10 roster by the end of the season

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Keep saying we'll finish in the bottom 5 in the league at best. Not that I want that to happen, but this a very young and inexperienced team especially on the defense. The offense can definitely improve but our secondary is going to get abused. Going to be lots of bumps in the road but hopefully we get a few young guys that show flashes of being good players we can count on in 2024.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Hard to argue. Only one pro-bowl calibur player on defense, smallish DL and CB's. 14 rookie draft picks and 26 UDFA's are not gonna replace all the talent lost on defense. They're gonna struggle to get off the field. Maybe the offense can score enough to win games. I'd love to see Rams win 10+ games but with such a drastic turnover. on D it looks like an expansion team and we should expect a rough learning curve.
The 99 team looked like an expansion team on paper. 2nd yr player Fletcher 1 GS in 98. Holt a rookie. Wistrom 0 GS in 98. Warner. And in 2021, Gaines 0 starts his first two years (like Bobby Brown), Allen 9 GS in 18, 19 and 20. D Will 13 GS in 18, 19 and 20. Can't go by how they look on paper. Good coaching fast forwards some of that lack of experience.

muggmeister

Rookie
I'm not expecting much this season. So I can't argue with the overall theme of the article. Although claiming Avila and Bruss will be the starting guards is premature. Noteboom or Jackson will be at LT. I expect Shelton to be the starting RG. Which only leaves one guard spot. If Noteboom is ready to start the season then I expect Jackson to be the LG
If the highest drafted interior offensive lineman this year can't win a starting job and Bruss who was drafted in the 3rd round last year can't start and be effective then the whole damn scouting staff deserves to be fired. Maybe Shelton wins the job but to not expect Avila to step in immediately would be devastating. I'm expecting big contributions from Avila, future Pro Bowler!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Bruss needs to win that job. Guards play quickly in the NFL. Dude got injured so we didn't get to see him maybe figure things out and start to show down the stretch. But he's gotta dunk that RG job and wrap that shit up early in camp so this group can get on one sheet of music in padded practices. Because those starters probably won't get snaps in preseason and they need to be ready to go into Seattle for that opener.

Seattle is gonna be fucking nasty. They're gonna be coming so this OL has to be ready to go or it's gonna look like last year vs Buffalo.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Avila and Bruss are good enough to earn the starting spots this year, I'd like to see a starting five from left to right be Jackson, Avila, Shelton, Bruss and Havenstein.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
These predictions are all over the place. That’s Rams are either winning a Super Bowl or ending up with the number 1 overall pic. I’ve never see such an “unknown”

Tano

Legend
These predictions are all over the place. That’s Rams are either winning a Super Bowl or ending up with the number 1 overall pic. I’ve never see such an “unknown”
I haven't seen many predictions of winning the Super Bowl - maybe getting to the playoffs and then who knows

As to Number 1 pick - that would only happen if the OL and Stafford all get hurt in Game 1

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d be good with either one of those scenarios lol. Championship or we get our future #1 QB. Win.
Of course, one of those would be much more enjoyable over the short-term next 8-12 months.