Random thoughts from Camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PolarBear

Rookie
I love Bond, he dominated the 2nd unit locking down his man, granted he had another man help double team the defender a few plays.
Johnson practiced today and really impressed me. I think he is our best corner.
Jenkins didn't practice.
Bradford had a good day and he looked comfortable. He threw a couple of perfect balls down field. Gilbert has improved a ton since I last visited in the beginning of training camp. I think it was him who was table topped 1 play. The pocket collapsed and it was crowded so I couldn't see actually what happened but he barely got hit and got up really fast. A coach yelled stay away from the QB. The next play the QB threw a completion and Williams yelled something along the lines of get your finger out of your ass. Davis looked horrible and somehow managed to throw a perfect strike to Roberson who was we'll infront of his man.
Austin caught a nice pass on a double move but is lucky it wasn't live because McDonald would've ended his career with a massive hit right when he caught it. Austin ran the ball a few times out of the backfield.
I have my doubts about Joyner he just simply kept getting outsized by small players like Blake. He keeps having good coverage but can't position himself to make a play on the ball giving up completions.
The defense was consistently getting in the backfield. Williams drew up some great blitzes. Guys were going around the edge untouched and I saw McDonald blitz a few times. Multiple plays they brought the blitz sand played 1on1 with no safety deep. Aaron Donald did a great job pass rushing again. Robinson looks as advertised: a great run blocker but has his struggles pass blocking.
Quick wore a red cap but practiced. Cook dropped a couple low but catchable passes. Kendrick's had a good day catching the ball.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Great report polar. Thank you.

I can't wait to see our shiny new defense in action. Especially Donald with the starters.

We are going to be a tough team to beat. I don't expect any games to resemble the 5 day span of Dallas and SF last season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great write-up...

Question: who starts for you at nickle-back, McGee or Joyner? I know it's early....

Has Bond went against Donald? How about Carrington? Any thoughts.....Thanks again...

PolarBear

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great write-up...

Question: who starts for you at nickle-back, McGee or Joyner? I know it's early....

Has Bond went against Donald? How about Carrington? Any thoughts.....Thanks again...
I would ask this these questions to coach0 because I have only been to a few practices and I'm not as attentive as him and I don't take notes, but to answer your 1st question...I would still rather have Joyner Start over McGee. McGee hasn't played any better than Joyner in the practices I'vs seen. I will say this... If Jenkins or Johnson gets injured we are in serious trouble.
As for the 2nd question I can't remember but I'm pretty sure he went up against Carrington a few times. Donald took lots of reps with 1st team. Bond did great job against whoever he played but like I said he had help on a lot of plays.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Interesting thought about Joyner. Haven't really heard any bad reviews until this one. It was bound to happen, he is a rookie. Hopefully he can tighten it up. Thanks for the report.

PhxRam

I love Bond, he dominated the 2nd unit locking down his man, granted he had another man help double team the defender a few plays.
Johnson practiced today and really impressed me. I think he is our best corner.
Jenkins didn't practice.
Bradford had a good day and he looked comfortable. He threw a couple of perfect balls down field. Gilbert has improved a ton since I last visited in the beginning of training camp. I think it was him who was table topped 1 play. The pocket collapsed and it was crowded so I couldn't see actually what happened but he barely got hit and got up really fast. A coach yelled stay away from the QB. The next play the QB threw a completion and Williams yelled something along the lines of get your finger out of your ass. Davis looked horrible and somehow managed to throw a perfect strike to Roberson who was we'll infront of his man.
Austin caught a nice pass on a double move but is lucky it wasn't live because McDonald would've ended his career with a massive hit right when he caught it. Austin ran the ball a few times out of the backfield.
I have my doubts about Joyner he just simply kept getting outsized by small players like Blake. He keeps having good coverage but can't position himself to make a play on the ball giving up completions.
The defense was consistently getting in the backfield. Williams drew up some great blitzes. Guys were going around the edge untouched and I saw McDonald blitz a few times. Multiple plays they brought the blitz sand played 1on1 with no safety deep. Aaron Donald did a great job pass rushing again. Robinson looks as advertised: a great run blocker but has his struggles pass blocking.
Quick wore a red cap but practiced. Cook dropped a couple low but catchable passes. Kendrick's had a good day catching the ball.

Good read dude.. Thanks for the write up.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Awesome insight, thank you!

Should we be down on our offense for giving up so much pressure? It's more than understandable, but holy crap the defense would have killed our QB's by now.On the flip side, our offense should be well accustomed to pressure when the real games start. The defense has to be making us better.

A little scary hearing Tavon was left out to dry. Hope that crap doesn't happen....

Bradford continuing to look like his former self is tremendous. It really does come down to Bradford staying healthy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Starting to connect the data points between reports; we have depth issues at CB. Yikes!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Starting to connect the data points between reports; we have depth issues at CB. Yikes!
DO WE really know that until we see them working against other people? I have said for some time we are as athletically talented at wr as any team I've ever seen let's hope we are seeing great wrs making good backups look worse than they are

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DO WE really know that until we see them working against other people? I have said for some time we are as athletically talented at wr as any team I've ever seen let's hope we are seeing great wrs making good backups look worse than they are

Good point. No we don't.

However, a lot of observers seem to notice a significant drop after the starters. If they can see it there... :eek: