Random '22 predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Charles Robinson on his latest Pod was all over Robinson as has everyone. Great prediction and strong probability. History shows Kupp will revert a little closer to the mean.
Mostly, I just can't see Kupp getting as many targets with a fully integrated Robinson in the offense the entire season. Robinson should get at least 115 targets... I think that's about 7 a game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm high on EB4, what can I say? Especially with BB3 out for six games (potentially more if his ankle acts up), I think EB4 has a reasonbale chance to make the roster. Maybe Hoecht, Copeland, and Jonah Williams win the jobs, but I have faith in our 2021 fifth round pick.

As for the second prediction: we have a glut of safeties. Burgess, even though he's played badly, still has value as a former third round pick. He could easily gain us a conditional pick. Then Rapp is in the last year of his contract and doesn't really have a spot (Scott and Fuller are simply better, and you still have Yeast and Rapp, along with Isom, who played well last night. Safety's the easiest position to replace, and even though I'm a Rapp fan and have been since he was drafted, he's likely gone after this year, so why not get something for him?

As for Perkins being tradebait? Let's be frank: Wolford's our starter. Some team is going to need a quarterback, and Perkins fits the mold of a potential backup with higher upside.

I just don't see a lot of fringe roster players being traded for picks near cutdown dates. I feel like the guys traded are usually at least quality backups who are getting squeezed by a roster crunch.
Look what the Rams got Michel for.
I don't see any of the fringe guys getting back a pick and I don't think there's any chance Rapp is traded. I think people looking at that as a possibility are way off.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
And I think she was just painting possibilities, not probabilities.

If I had money to bet, it’s easily on Wolford.

I’d go a step further and say she’s reaching to the point it is damaging to her reputation.
The idea that a team would be less inclined to pluck Wolford and put him on their roster over Perkins is hard to justify.
One has true experience, one has only played vs 2nd/3rd stringers or worse.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I just don't see a lot of fringe roster players being traded for picks near cutdown dates. I feel like the guys traded are usually at least quality backups who are getting squeezed by a roster crunch.
Look what the Rams got Michel for.
I don't see any of the fringe guys getting back a pick and I don't think there's any chance Rapp is traded. I think people looking at that as a possibility are way off.

You’re on fire
Gotta agree again.
One need only look at how well the Rams play the comp pick game to see the difficulty in trading a guy like Rapp in the last year of his contract.
Are the Rams really gonna get back a better pick than what they might get as a comp? You then have to factor in whether or not that pick warrants the loss of productivity by not having him on the roster.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I’d go a step further and say she’s reaching to the point it is damaging to her reputation.
The idea that a team would be less inclined to pluck Wolford and put him on their roster over Perkins is hard to justify.
One has true experience, one has only played vs 2nd/3rd stringers or worse.

The article is clearly laying out different scenarios that are possible, not ones she thinks are likely. It's an "if, then... " piece... in fact.. . a quote..

"I took a stab at this year’s equation, inclusive of the biggest roster questions I’ve seen from readers. Buckle in for a lot of “multiple truths”, “if, then” statements and winding logic — it’ll be helpful, I promise:"

She's a rising star in the field and I'd guess this is her last year on the Rams beat.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mostly, I just can't see Kupp getting as many targets with a fully integrated Robinson in the offense the entire season. Robinson should get at least 115 targets... I think that's about 7 a game.

Yeah, I think having Robinson run the X (which we didn't have a traditional X for the last few years till OBJ came in) will allow so many more things to happen in the offense game in and game out.

Also, I can see him in all three WR positions at times.

But even if Robinson is just fine, last season for Kupp was one of the best a WR has ever had. There will most likely be a regression (here's hoping not too much!).

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Henderson has 2 or more TD runs from 50 yards or longer!