#RamsDraft Press Conference (11:42)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We knew that they would have but it's nice to hear they looked heavily into the Higbee incident.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We knew that they would have but it's nice to hear they looked heavily into the Higbee incident.
You don't use one of your 5 picks on a guy like that if you didn't play PI a little bit and try to get to the bottom of that situation. I'm sure they talked to all his coaches, friends, girlfriend, etc. to get a clear picture of what they'd think would be the result of a trial if it came to that.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You don't use one of your 5 picks on a guy like that if you didn't play PI a little bit and try to get to the bottom of that situation. I'm sure they talked to all his coaches, friends, girlfriend, etc. to get a clear picture of what they'd think would be the result of a trial if it came to that.

I'm never an athlete apologist. Ever. But it sounds to me, from what I've read, the five time offender was stalking Higbee and his girlfriend and Higbee did what he could to avoid him and only stepped up when the person who was hit approached his GF and shoved her. If this plays true, at least in Kentucky, it's a righteous act that will melt away. In NY or CA, maybe not so much.

"(Alsaleh) started the altercation, escalated it, shoved Mr. Higbee's girlfriend, and at that point, Mr. Higbee utilized force to neutralize the situation. Mr. Higbee struck the individual one time and unfortunately, he hit his head, which caused the injuries."

"According to the police report, Higbee was at a bar with his girlfriend when Alsaleh repeatedly bothered them. Lowder said that Alsaleh left the previous bar to follow Higbee's girlfriend. Alsaleh and Higbee did not know each other prior to this weekend."

"Alsaleh has two DUIs and has been booked at Warren County Regional Jail five times, according to court records."

We'll see. Here's a hint for Higbee...find a GF that will warn you and pull you out if this is an ex.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fisher sounds like he knows he's gonna be around for another 5 years.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm never an athlete apologist. Ever. But it sounds to me, from what I've read, the five time offender was stalking Higbee and his girlfriend and Higbee did what he could to avoid him and only stepped up when the person who was hit approached his GF and shoved her. If this plays true, at least in Kentucky, it's a righteous act that will melt away. In NY or CA, maybe not so much.

"(Alsaleh) started the altercation, escalated it, shoved Mr. Higbee's girlfriend, and at that point, Mr. Higbee utilized force to neutralize the situation. Mr. Higbee struck the individual one time and unfortunately, he hit his head, which caused the injuries."

"According to the police report, Higbee was at a bar with his girlfriend when Alsaleh repeatedly bothered them. Lowder said that Alsaleh left the previous bar to follow Higbee's girlfriend. Alsaleh and Higbee did not know each other prior to this weekend."

"Alsaleh has two DUIs and has been booked at Warren County Regional Jail five times, according to court records."

We'll see. Here's a hint for Higbee...find a GF that will warn you and pull you out if this is an ex.
Sounds like Higs showed more restraint than I would have. This was a :shooting:"say hello to my li'el friend!" Moment. Hats off to Higs.

The guy is going to live to get another DUI! :huh:

I say, "case dismissed".

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Wow that was a good write up. Yes, I agree; he needs to find a new girlfriend. One that will put his interests over hers (whatever they were). She knew it was a potentially dangerous situation for him to be in. And she knew he would have a lot to lose if something were to happen.

Then again, they're probably just two kids that drank too much and did the best they could.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Snead: " I wish you guys would have asked me that question yesterday when we had all those cameras here so I could have done some recruiting (of UDFA)."

ROFL!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not overly concerned with 'character' issue players. fisher helped mold first round free faller janoris jenkins into a 12 Large multi year contract. mr higbee will be fine.