Ramsdom Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Have you ever 'changed' as a Rams fan?

• 1. Yes; due the front office alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Yes; due to the coaching staff

• 3. Yes; due to the players acquired

• 4. Yes; due to the collaborative team

• 5. No; faithful and dedicated but w/ some hesitant moments

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 6. What? Ahhhh hell no maaaaaaan..never eva eva eva..Ahhh hell no!

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Let me preface I am not doing this for fun and games but I'm also not trying to put any merit, self-gratitude, or bias to this again random poll to post.

I would just like to say I'm 31 and could not have asked for better parents early on, my dad had me in a Rams jacket and beanie leaving the hospital after I was born talk about vintage revisiting those life long memorable photos. I could not have asked for a better upbringing as a Rams fan, its a unique and privileged life long opportunity cost..maybe I've dedicated a lot if my personal and free time to the Rams ever since at a young age..I thought I was Flipper Anderson and Jim Everett. Dad (Sam Elliot identical and Jeff Fisher :lol:) and I ...we've been to numerous games mainly at Sun Devil Stadium and a few missed chances times in Anaheim...seen almost every televised game and sport the jerseys in style.

I mentioned this awhile back.. I was destined to be a Rams fan for life thru thick and thin, never once contemplated trashing the team or losing interest in various forms. My old man happened to go to Kelly's bar regularly in SoCal and shoot the shit and drink w/ Jack and Jim Youngblood, Deacon Jones, and Fred Dryer. I love being a Rams fan almost as much as women...almost.

On one final note I got to experience some awesome momentary when I was younger, met a plethora of Rams players from 1989-'97...each and every one took at least 5-10 mins to speak to us personally while taking photos and signings. It has and always will be a humbling experience and adventure being in horns for life.

PhxRam

I get just as pissed off now when we lose as when I did as a kid when I started watching in 76. (I am equally as bad with the Lakers)

Speaking of the Lakers. That junk shot that Ralph Sampson threw up (who just got inducted into the HOF WTF) to beat the the Lakers in the WCF STILL pisses me off.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I come from a Hispanic background and my family was more into soccer than football. I remember when I was very young I would watch soccer with my dad and all my uncles. I got really into it and was the only sport I played.

My interest for football didn't start until 2001 when the Rams had their superbowl run. One of my uncles liked football and was a Rams fan since they were in LA. He wasn't and still isn't a die hard fan but he did keep my interest up. I remember watching the superbowl loss to the patriots and remember how dissapointed I was from that loss. From then on I got hooked and started to watch any rams game I could. I was 13 at the time.

Every year my Ramsdom grew and I would try to listen to radio broadcasts or try to stream the games online. I never missed a game, that's how obsessed I was! I finally was able to get NFL ticket in 09 and have been happy ever since.

I will be a fan for life. I love football and the Rams so much I always look forward to this time of year. These past couple years have been very rough and I am dying to see some Playoff caliber Rams football!!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Im 22 and my first memories of watching football were the Broncos back-to-back SBs in the 90s, along with some of the other playoff games during that period. My family tried to get me to become a Vikings fan (we live in South Dakota), but for some reason I just didnt want to. They faced the St. Louis Rams in the playoffs, and I just latched onto the Rams from that moment. I enjoyed watching the Vikings lose, the fantastic atmosphere in the EDJ dome and watching this offense that looked unstoppable. It was very entertaining. Of course we all know that season was capped off by a SB title. So you could say I started off as a bandwagon fan. I could have lost interest in the Rams when they had that loss to the Saints next year in the playoffs, or the year after that when they lost the SB, but I didnt. I dont even think there were any other Rams fans at my small school but I liked the idea of not rooting for the popular team in my area and being one of the very few Rams fans.

I didnt become more of a "hardcore" Rams fan until around 2008-2009 when I had my first computer in college. I wanted to find a way to connect with other Rams fans or at least see what they talked about and I found STLToday Rams Talk and read that for quite awhile, eventually got involved, and because of that I was able to find this site when it first started. Then I started getting into the offseason, FA, trades, the draft and thats been fantastic. Somehow, ive managed to keep a positive outlook on everything even though we have dealt with really bad teams in recent years. I also do hope they stay in St. Louis because Id love to eventually find a way to move there, but I dont wanna move there if they move to LA haha.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Growing up in Oklahoma, the sun rose and set with OU football. The first half of my life(22 years old now) I was pretty much exclusively a college football fan. As my interest in football grew, I looked to the NFL. My family didnt really have any allegiances to any teams so I looked to St. Louis because of my love of Cardinals baseball and kinda adopted the Rams as my team.

I became a fan during the good years(GSOT) but I wasnt a serious fan. I just casually rooted for them and watched them when they were on TV. I took the step into serious fandom in 2006, when we were making that late playoff push on the back of SJ39's monster year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure I understand the question fully, but I have never "changed" as a Rams fan. Been a fan since they lost the Superbowl to the Steelers in 1980. I actually cried after that game, haha. I can't imagine anyone being more insane for their team than I am for the Rams. I love my Capitals, Terps, Orioles and Bullets (I refuse to call them the W word), but I live and die with the Rams. That doesn't mean I don't question the direction of the franchise from time to time. You would be a fool not to with the way this team has been run over the past 10 years or so....and even before that.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PhxRam said:
I get just as pissed off now when we lose as when I did as a kid when I started watching in 76. (I am equally as bad with the Lakers)

Speaking of the Lakers. That junk shot that Ralph Sampson threw up (who just got inducted into the HOF WTF) to beat the the Lakers in the WCF STILL pisses me off.

How about when the Suns came back and won 3 straight after the underdog Lakers took the first 2 in Phoenix? Big Game James played out of his mind those first two games.
On a high note, how about Horry's shot that broke the heart of the Sac Kings? That and Fishers 0.04 prayer that swished? Good times PhxRam!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamsSince1969 said:
PhxRam said:

How about when the Suns came back and won 3 straight after the underdog Lakers took the first 2 in Phoenix? Big Game James played out of his mind those first two games.
On a high note, how about Horry's shot that broke the heart of the Sac Kings? That and Fishers 0.04 prayer that swished? Good times PhxRam!
I was there for every one of those moments. I was sitting in my car outside my house listening to the game that Sampson hit that game winner, because I was at a place that didn't televise it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Once a RAMS fan... always a RAMS fan. I think there are only 6 of us RAMS fans in Montana. Seems like the rest love either the Cheeseheads or the Cowgirls.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've never wavered in my Ram Fanaticism.

I have always Hated john shaw though,,, and to a slightly lesser extent Georgia.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't know if you could say I changed, but when the Rams moved out of LA it changed HOW I could be fan.

My typical venue for Rams news was the LA Times, but they stopped all that and lumped them in with the rest of the league. At that time, TJ Simers covered football, and if you're familiar with him (think Jeff Gordon with more snark and constant references to his personal life) you know all he ever did for the Rams at that time was insult them. I didn't have internet access as yet so the only news was via BSPN or the meager Monday morning capsules.

The Rams were rarely on TV then, except for twice yearly thumpings from the whiners. 99 changed all that, which was also about the time we got internet (dial-up :sick: ).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Never wavered. Not once.

If you can find a bigger apologist, trot him out and we'll go toe-to-toe.

Even before the interwebs got invented by Weird Al Yankovich, I used to go to the corner newsstand and pick up a copy of (man, I'm drawing a blank on the publication name right now, but it had every stat from all the weekend & Monday games), and I'd circle every Ram player that made it into the top 10 that week. Be it receptions, yards, turnovers, whatever. They'd keep a tally of those things just like NFL.com does now, and I would never miss a trip to get that mag and find my Rams.

Even during the 90's I'd wear my jerseys in defiance of everyone who had shit to say. Simply didn't care about any of that. I always felt it was more important to be loyal than to avoid smack talk. "DUDE!!?!? The RAMS!?!?! THEY SUCK!!!!!"

Yeah. That's original, Cowboys fan who was a Steelers fan last year. :neh:

Do I need more proof?
Who else would make a website/forum AFTER the 2009 season and try to recruit other knucklehead apologists?

Did you find that guy yet?
I'm all gloved up. :box:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Never wavered. Not once.

Even before the interwebs got invented by Weird Al Yankovich, I used to go to the corner newsstand and pick up a copy of (man, I'm drawing a blank on the publication name right now, but it had every stat from all the weekend & Monday games), and I'd circle every Ram player that made it into the top 10 that week. Be it receptions, yards, turnovers, whatever. They'd keep a tally of those things just like NFL.com does now, and I would never miss a trip to get that mag and find my Rams.

Even during the 90's I'd wear my jerseys in defiance of everyone who had shit to say. Simply didn't care about any of that. I always felt it was more important to be loyal than to avoid smack talk. "DUDE!!?!? The RAMS!?!?! THEY SUCK!!!!!"

Do I need more proof?
Who else would make a website/forum AFTER the 2009 season and try to recruit other knucklehead apologists?

Pro Football Weekly, or USA Today?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Never wavered. Not once.

Do I need more proof?

Pro Football Weekly, or USA Today?
Ahhh. There it is.

Pro Football Weekly.

Thanks.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I chose #5, not because I ever, ever seriously thought of giving up my fan ties, but there have been seasons when the Rams were terrible, that I sort of didn't watch that closely or paid much attention in the end. For instance four years ago, when the Rams went 2-14, I essentially did other things than watch every minute of every game and obsess over every detail of the Rams. But in the offseason and in the beginning of the season I began to pay attention to every detail again.

PhxRam

What was that football magazine that used to come out that was about the size of a readers digest. Was it football digest? Loved that little magazine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a third generation Ram fan. I was born to be a Rams fan. My Dad bought me a full on blue/white Rams uniform complete with Hemmet and shouldermapads (little lint things more than actual shoulder pads) when I was 5. I used to line up against the stucco wall when no one was around and ram into it so that I could get the same cool marks on my helmet that the pros had.

When I was about 9 or 10, many of the Rams players and a couple former players played an alumni basketball game at my sister's HS - Cleveland High. I got a picture of the Rams team that year and all the players sat at a big table signing pics and bullshitting with anyone who wanted to talk to them. I was freaking giddy.

My Dad and I have gone to several games together in the old Coliseum. My Dad and I watched the Rams beat up on OJ during his 2,000 yard season. Went to a couple at the Big A (aka - shittiest football venue ever). The last game my Dad I went to (been to several others since with friends) was the 2004 OT game in Seattle. What a freaking blast. So much of my Dad and my relationship centered around the Rams as I grew up. I probably bought my Dad Rams paraphernalia for 30 straight years for his Christmas presents.

I remained a rabid Rams fan through the Shaw/Ziggy show years, the move from the Coliseum to the baseball stadium in Anaheim, to the Lou, Georgia having Carroll offed and firing his son, losing to the Cowgirls and Vikings in the playoffs when we were the better team, and the last several years of futility.

So yeah Paulie, though you built this incredible site for ME, I gots my gloves on. :box: :7up:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nah, never wavered. Even tho I have been tempted. But then there was no way in hell I'm gonna be labeled a bandwagoner.