Rams Young DBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
With Jenks and Mcleod leaving for greener pastures it's time for the Rams young DBs to step up. Not saying the Rams wont add some more bodies in the defensive backfield, but I think they are happy with their DBs development so far.

FS options​
Cody Davis- Just signed a new 2 year deal. Profiles similar to Mcleod an undrafted core special teamer who excelled in that role and is ready to take the next step. Fisher said he was comfortable with Davis stepping in if need be. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the 2016 starter.
Christian Bryant- more of an unknown, but was highly touted prospect before an injury his senior year. Will at least be a backup and core special teamer

CB Options​
EJ Gaines- Was arguably our best CB in 2014. If he is healthy he is leader in the club house to start opposite Tru. Solid run support doesn't give up big plays and can also play nickel.
Marcus Roberson- Has started games on the outside the past 2 years with Tru and Jenks hurt. Was a highly touted CB in college who fell because of character concerns and a poor combine. He has shown good coverage skills in hi starts but needs to improve as a tackler. Will compete with Gaines for the spot opposite Tru.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
With Jenks and Mcleod leaving for greener pastures it's time for the Rams young DBs to step up. Not saying the Rams wont add some more bodies in the defensive backfield, but I think they are happy with their DBs development so far.

FS options​
Cody Davis- Just signed a new 2 year deal. Profiles similar to Mcleod an undrafted core special teamer who excelled in that role and is ready to take the next step. Fisher said he was comfortable with Davis stepping in if need be. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the 2016 starter.
Christian Bryant- more of an unknown, but was highly touted prospect before an injury his senior year. Will at least be a backup and core special teamer

CB Options​
EJ Gaines- Was arguably our best CB in 2014. If he is healthy he is leader in the club house to start opposite Tru. Solid run support doesn't give up big plays and can also play nickel.
Marcus Roberson- Has started games on the outside the past 2 years with Tru and Jenks hurt. Was a highly touted CB in college who fell because of character concerns and a poor combine. He has shown good coverage skills in hi starts but needs to improve as a tackler. Will compete with Gaines for the spot opposite Tru.
I'm OK with losing McLeod because the money he got was crazy just like Jenkins. If the plan is that Cody Davis starts at FS we are in serious trouble though because he sucks. I hope Bryant can surprise.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think Roberson can take that next step and be a starter. He's tall, fast and has good ball skills. He looked really good against Seattle the 1st game. Although our whole team looked good that day.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
We have so much depth in the defensive backfield. This was already planned for. Not that we want to lose talent but we cannot overpay guys if we are going to stay competitive. Winning teams keep loading up, and pick the core players to pay.

Again, find a consistent QB, better WR play (2 more quality players to compete, along with better coaching) and keep in mind we lost a star player at EVERY LEVEL on defense (Gaines, Ogletree and Quinn) for the bulk of the season last year.

We will add 3-5 more players via FA plus 3-4 potential starters or key players in the draft. That is 6-9 more pieces if the puzzle.

I could see new STARTER players at: TE, WR, C, FS CB or LB through the draft or FA that will change the way we see this team. Probably not QB

Plus I for one hope we bring back GZ. I get the feeling he will have a good year.

Last edited: