Rams Will Win vs. Cardinals- Surprising Numbers (give game plan predictions)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
ARI_logo-80x90.gif

1st NFC West (7-1-0)

Game Averages (2014)

OFFENSE DEFENSE

(league rank) (league rank)
PTS 24.0(15th) PTS 19.5 (5th)
YDS 330.4(23rd) YDS 366.4 (19th)
PASS YDS 239.9(16th) PASS YDS 286.8 (32nd)
RUSH YDS 90.5(28th) RUSH YDS 79.6 (3rd)
SACKED 8

Carson Palmer
Att Comp Yds Comp %Yds/Att TD INT Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
188 116 1385 61.7 7.4 11 2 80 6 40 99.3

Andre Elington
3.8 yrds per carry

Turnover Ratio +10

- Arizona has played a lot of close games. Theres a bit of luck to their 7-1. The defense is holding them together but even that has weaknesses. Our strengths to their weaknesses what do the Rams need to exploit guys? And what should the game plan be?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
apologize for the scramble. it refuses to post with correct spacing and alignment

jjab360

Legend
Probably one of the worst 7-1 teams I've ever seen. They're definitely beatable.

xander47

Rookie
Arians is a good coach. Palmer can't run so they're probably going to get the ball out. So for the defense stop the run, don't let them take it outside and TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE. Got to get them to 3rd and long if we're going to live and die with the blitz.

As for the offense, they need to go back to a clemens QB offense. RUN THE ROCK! Can't let Davis throwing it with Peterson out there. The Cards like to blitz too so we're going to need to keep it third and short as well or at least have Davis throw the ball away when he has nothing. Can't afford TOs

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Cards will blitz a ton on Davis and I struggle to beleive he will be able to make them pay to make them back off. I Schotty is worth his salt, he won't let the blitz beat this team.

Screens, pick routes, short passes and go. Then sneak in the bomb after the fake with at least one clear heck down. If ARZ sits back, we'll win rather easily.

On defense, keep blitzing the edges and jump the short routes. Palmer is a sitting duck, the first we've seen all year. We know he's gonna try to stay in the pocket.

iced

Cards will blitz a ton on Davis and I struggle to beleive he will be able to make them pay to make them back off. I Schotty is worth his salt, he won't let the blitz beat this team.

Screens, pick routes, short passes and go. Then sneak in the bomb after the fake with at least one clear heck down. If ARZ sits back, we'll win rather easily.

On defense, keep blitzing the edges and jump the short routes. Palmer is a sitting duck, the first we've seen all year. We know he's gonna try to stay in the pocket.

I disagree - the Cardinals don't do anything complex on D, and young QB's always to tend to throw "what they see." Seeing as how they run a lot of man blitz's, I like our chances with our TE's and Slot Receivers against their safeties and LB's

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I'm not confident ... yet I wasn't confident last week. Who knows maybe that's a good sign.

GO RAMS !!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm thinking a close win for us. Somewhere in the 17 - 13 range.

Always a tough call with our young Rams. I never know which team I am going to see on either offense OR defense. If we see our defense from last week along with a bit better play out of our O-line and our QB, then we should win this game straight up. If we allow their defense to spend the day in our backfield again, I think we will give their offense too many shots to contain. I think AZ's offense is maybe less explosive than SF's but is just more steady and able to better take set backs.

I realize it seems a bit counterintuitive, but I think our running game does some damage here and we actually design some roll outs instead of just having Davis run away from defenders coming straight up the gut.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Probably one of the worst 7-1 teams I've ever seen. They're definitely beatable.
Yeah they were the worst 4-0 team when they came into the Ed two years ago, and people were trying to crown them then, I envision like results ,I truly believe Stanton could finish the game for them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I really want to see the Rams attack the edges.
And collapse the middle , Donald will be so key ,and hell even Brockers got a sack ,Az is IMO watching tape and practicing how to hold and not get caught

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Schott called the first RB screen that I can recall since he was here. It worked well and the Rams need to use more plays like that. With Joseph on the line the pass rush wont be stopped. Schottenheimer better realize this.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz suffering from delusions:
I really want to see the Rams attack the edges.
You can't be serious? Shirley you can't prefer that to Tavon up the gut a few more times? You make no sense sometimes zz. :LOL:

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
You can't be serious? Shirley you can't prefer that to Tavon up the gut a few more times? You maake no sense sometimes zz. :LOL:

Well, maybe I didn't think that one through.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall a single TA up the gut against the Niners! Halleluya!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The Cards will do the same quick pass bullshit they did last year. We cannot back off the LOS because Palmer/Fitz will exploit that.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

as long as GW doesn't over blitz. I don't want those corners in constant man on man coverage. Palmer is no Kaep. Palmer will sit and wait and attack the single coverage even if he takes big hits doing so. bring 5 MAYBE 6 leaving enough coverage to make Palmer hesitate. that's how we got the previous sacks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's going to be a very tough game, Palmer gets it out quick when he plays us. They will definitely game plan that specifically for us. Their defense is very good. I think we can beat them, but not if we lose the turnover battle.

Walter

Rookie
Hopefully the defense will continue to attack and get to the less mobile Palmer. That is the key in my opinion.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I still don't understand how they're 32nd in passing yardage allowed...

How did that happen?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Last time I checked they are still the football cardinals
And it's time for their collcollapse.