Rams will beat the Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why? Because it's time. It's time for the Rams to start playing like the team we've seen the last two years that can compete every week.

Both the Rams and Texans come into this game with records of 2-3. Both teams need this game.

The Texans have lost 3 in a row... To Baltimore, Seattle and SF. Baltimore and SF absolutely dominated them.

The Texans two wins came at the hands of San Diego and Tennessee... who combined are 5-5. Not exactly murderers row.

Schaub's confidence is ripe for the picking.

Here's what we need to do, and while we haven't show much moxie in these areas so far this year... it's the recipe we got to figure out:

1) Stop the run. This one "tiny" aspect makes this game winnable. And... why not? In 2012 we were 15th against the run (this year 28th). A year more seasoning with Brockers: It's time to step up and get it done.

2) Start fast on offense. If the Rams can set the offensive tempo, we minimize the crowd noise and more importantly; force the Texans to pass the ball. The Texans have been stout against the run, ranking 7th in yards per game. So, for the Rams to start fast and score often it's going to fall at the hands of Schotty's passing game.

If we can do these two things... Then;

3) Pressure Schaub. If he's gotta pass the ball... our defense can do what they do best; rush the passer.

Let's go get the "W"!

jap

Legend
You forgot to add (4) avoid dumb penalties when Tavon is on one of his highlight reel runs and block well for him at all times & situations. When you have scoring dynamite in your hands, ya gotta let it explode as often as possible.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap said:
You forgot to add (4) avoid dumb penalties when Tavon is on one of his highlight reel runs and block well for him at all times & situations. When you have scoring dynamite in your hands, ya gotta let it explode as often as possible.

Well, good point.

On Special Teams get better field position and perhaps a big play out of Tavon. Including preseason, without the penalties, he's had 3 big returns.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree and here's why...

We got Dunbar back and Stacy stepping up. This team has played soft early in the season without contributions from these two. Neither one of these guys play soft and that's what this team needs. I know it's only two players but I think our team is on to something.

We've all said this team needs "time" to work out the kinks. Between the long week of Jacksonville and the full week this week, I think our young Rams have had PLENTY of time to reflect on what is going on and how they want to play. We'll see less mistakes this week being we just had came off a near bye week.

Fisher is right about our need to run the ball. If we don't run the ball then we become a one dimensional passing attack. I DEFINITELY believe we have the talent to be a one dimensional, high flying, high octane offense like New Orleans and Denver. The wrench in the gears is we are not ready for that approach. The early experiments went terribly wrong as the team didn't look in sync with the game plans. The counter to us sucking was to play a soft, predictable, scheme that fooled nobody.

Stacy coming along is a potential blessing. His style is very similiar to MJD and I think he's just what we need. We gotta get him some push up the middle so teams can start focusing more on our running game. We pulled it off against Jacksonville last week and the rest fell into place nicely. I do beleive in our young RB.

Dunbar back in the line up is huge. When he tackles he sends a message on every play, a message that this team hasn't sent all season. I'm so happy the Rams got him back! Him and Ogletree running down Drew last week was a thing of beauty.

I have faith in our young team! It's like you said CGI, the time is NOW!!! I think our timing is good. I feel a lot better about going into this game than I did any of our previous games. I feel a sense of toughness to this team I haven't sensed all season. It's gonna be tough but Rams gotta make a statement this week. A win at Houston may lead to many good things to come. I don't even wanna think what a loss does....