Rams Waive S Isaiah Johnson, Add T Darrell Williams Jr. to Practice Squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Watched the last 10 minutes of the final episode of Newhart on YouTube earlier this evening. One of the greatest endings to a sitcom ever.

That's weird... I showed that to my daughter last week.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
EJ Manuel
Obo - If he's ready...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
62JR. DARRELL WILLIAMS

• POSITION

OL
    • HEIGHT

6-6
    • WEIGHT

• CLASS

Redshirt Junior
    • HOMETOWN

Dublin, Ga.

2015 (r-Jr.):
Williams started all 14 games at right tackle for the Hilltoppers, anchoring the right side of an offensive line that finished the year No. 19 nationally in Sacks Allowed, with just 16 despite 554 dropbacks, the seventh-best percentage nationally and second among teams with 500 or more passing attempts. The line also paved the way for a sixth-consecutive 1,000-yard rusher and broke the school Total Offense record for the third consecutive season.

2014 (r-So.): Williams started 10 straight games at right guard after being limited early in the season due to injury. He protected QB Brandon Doughty during his record-breaking season, and helped pave the way for 2,018 all-purpose yards from running back Leon Allen. Williams rotated in at guard with Joe Manley and also some at right tackles with Cameron Clemmons.

2013 (r-Fr.): Williams saw action in seven games this season, starting the final three at right tackle after senior Ed Hazelett went down due to a foot injury. Williams was one of three redshirt freshman to start along the offensive line the final three games of the season, matching up with Forrest Lamp and Max Halpin.

2012 (Fr.): Williams redshirted in his first season on The Hill.

HS/Misc.: Williams was rated as a two-star recruit out of high school by both Rivals.com and 247Sports.com. He finished his career at West Laurens High School starting 31-consecutive games at offensive tackle. He lettered all four years in football and basketball.

http://wkusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=417
Maybe, we had the wrong D. Williams, all along?????(y)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What are the chances they end up signing another Darrell Williams who's a tackle and a fringe NFL player?

And I never heard on here think Demby looked so bad that they wouldn't even bother trying to coach him up.
There are things we can't know, as fans...work ethic, outside problems, attitude. Now, although he needed some work on his strength, and NFL body, overall, he had good feet, was versatile, and there was nothing to suggest to me, that he couldn't become, at the very least, a rotational player. I could also see a starting role, in his future, based on what I saw, and his sweet feet. Yes, would take a little development, IMO.

I can't weigh in on things we don't know about him. I do think he has the ability to be in the NFL, and could eventually be a starter for somebody, if there are not other problems we don't know about.