Rams Waive Four Players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.

Myles Simmons Rams Insider @MylesASimmons

Following the conclusion of the club's offseason program last week, the Rams have waived four players. Los Angeles' active roster now stands at 86.

Following the conclusion of the club’s offseason program last week, the Rams have waived four players: wide receiver Marquez North, linebacker Reggie Northrup, center Demetrius Rhaney, and outside linebacker Teidrick Smith.

Of the four, Rhaney was a seventh-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, and has appeared in 32 games for the franchise. He was mainly a special teams contributor during the 2016 season, during which he played in all 16 games.

Los Angeles now has three centers on its roster: starter John Sullivan, Austin Blythe, and Jake Eldrenkamp. Sullivan was signed as an unrestricted free agent in April. The Rams claimed Blythe off waivers from the Colts in May. And Endrenkamp was signed as a college free agent following the draft.

The Rams’ roster now stands at 86 players. The team will report to training camp at UC Irvine in late July.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just noticed this was mentioned elsewhere.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The only one of these that comes as a surprise to me is Teidrick Smith, I was hoping he would make the Team!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The only one of these that comes as a surprise to me is Teidrick Smith, I was hoping he would make the Team!!
Good Afternoon Dave,

I believe the Rams appear to be heavy in this 90 player roster in the position that Smith was in contention. One would expect that Connor Barwin & Rob Quinn will be our starting OSLB'ers. Rams had a few of these types already here last season in Cory Littleton, Josh Forrest & Nic Grigsby. Newer rivals then piled on in i.e. 2017 draft selections Samson Ebukam & Ejuan Price & UFA Carlos Thompson. I also had the opinion that Cassanova McKinzy is being Shifted from inside LB'er to get some action as an edge rusher & that he might have looked better than T.Smith.

Looks like 9 OSLB'ers are in contention here. IMO Josh Forrest will end up with Bryce Hager as our two main ISLB'er reserves. I still believe think that Quinn's role in this defense may be different than most think. Thus giving one of these other above mentioned OSLB'ers to get in some 1st down opportunities on the regular base defense (Littleton or Ebukam). Making every attempt to keep Quinn fresh in passing situations where he will be moved around the DL to seek its weakest link in passing downs along with Donald & Easley.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Following the conclusion of the club’s offseason program last week, the Rams have waived four players: wide receiver Marquez North, linebacker Reggie Northrup, center Demetrius Rhaney, and outside linebacker Teidrick Smith.

Good no more talk about Marquez North..... sorry @LACHAMP46 :neener:

october-04-2014-tennessee-volunteers-wide-receiver-marquez-north-the-picture-id578952736

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good Afternoon Dave,

I believe the Rams appear to be heavy in this 90 player roster in the position that Smith was in contention. One would expect that Connor Barwin & Rob Quinn will be our starting OSLB'ers. Rams had a few of these types already here last season in Cory Littleton, Josh Forrest & Nic Grigsby. Newer rivals then piled on in i.e. 2017 draft selections Samson Ebukam & Ejuan Price & UFA Carlos Thompson. I also had the opinion that Cassanova McKinzy is being Shifted from inside LB'er to get some action as an edge rusher & that he might have looked better than T.Smith.

Looks like 9 OSLB'ers are in contention here. IMO Josh Forrest will end up with Bryce Hager as our two main ISLB'er reserves. I still believe think that Quinn's role in this defense may be different than most think. Thus giving one of these other above mentioned OSLB'ers to get in some 1st down opportunities on the regular base defense (Littleton or Ebukam). Making every attempt to keep Quinn fresh in passing situations where he will be moved around the DL to seek its weakest link in passing downs along with Donald & Easley.
It's going to be interesting to see hoe Phillips and McVay work this out!
I think they are going to use Price at DE/Edge-rusher! That, from the Way I see it, leaves us with:
SLB's- Barwin - Thompson
WLB's- Quinn - Fox - Ebukam - Kevin Davis
ILB's- Ogletree - Hager - Forest - Grigsby
ILB's- Barron - Littleton
So we'll see which 9 get kept! At this point it's any man's guess!!(y);):D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I hate to say I'm glad to see someone go, but I'm glad the Rhaney experiment is over. Should have been let go once chop blocks were banned. That's really all he has.