Rams waive 3 to make room for waiver claims.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to imagine all three find their way to the practice squad.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, there's the cutdown. I fully expect Mundt to make it to our practice squad if he's not claimed on waivers. Not surprised with Grigsby or LTP being cut.

jjab360

Legend
Remember players on this next wave of cutdowns are players teams almost tried to keep

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
OK.
Saw somewhere else it was Blythe, Hatfield and Trinca.

I guess either way we'll find out.

Surely no need for 3 backup centers though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK.

Simmons is a direct tweet from the Rams report so I'm going with his three at the moment.

Memento

Name
Jemma
OK.

I'd be disappointed if Hatfield was cut. I thought that he more than earned his spot. Kevin Peterson is the guy I'd cut if I had to go cut a corner.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Remember players on this next wave of cutdowns are players teams almost tried to keep

Not necessarily.... teams likely keep a player or two that they expect to let go for waiver claims, especially a team like the Rams that were 5th in line for claims. They knew there would be a couple of guys would be there and have areas they know they have to upgrade.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'd be disappointed if Hatfield was cut. I thought that he more than earned his spot. Kevin Peterson is the guy I'd cut if I had to go cut a corner.
He might be victim when Donald reports back to the team tomorrow.

bluecoconuts

Legend
OK.

Think that was a prediction.

Not too shocked about Mundt, figure as soon as we had 4 TE's on the roster, he'd be someone to release as they picked up some others off of waivers.

Ram65

Legend
Well, there's the cutdown. I fully expect Mundt to make it to our practice squad if he's not claimed on waivers. Not surprised with Grigsby or LTP being cut.

Agreed. Need Mundt for injury to the other TEs.

…..

Legend

it's probably just me, but I didn't notice Peterson at all this preseason, unless you count the times I saw him running up to the end of a play that someone else made. And then only because his number reminded me of Leroy Irvin every time I saw it. He is #47 isn't he?

Memento

Name
Jemma
it's probably just me, but I didn't notice Peterson at all this preseason, unless you count the times I saw him running up to the end of a play that someone else made. And then only because his number reminded me of Leroy Irvin every time I saw it. He is #47 isn't he?

Yeah, Peterson is #47. Hatfield is #36.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Does anyone know who our fullback is now? Carrier?

Carrier will likely have an inline/H-back role. I don't think that we have a fullback at this time, nor do we really need one.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They had to hang on to Blythe because they didn't want to leave us with one Center who had gone through camp.
He's going to be a game day active next Sunday.

I think they brought the other two guys in just to see if they could beat him out somewhere around the 4th or 5th week of the season as the backup.

Sullivan has been great so far but we still have to take into consideration that he might be fragile.