Rams vs. Steelers Postgame Notes (9-27-15)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • The Rams fell to the Steelers, 6-12
  • LB James Laurinaitis become the Rams all-time leading tackler in front of Hall of Famer Merlin Olsen (915).
  • According to press box statistics, Laurinaitis had eight tackles (four solo), which would give him 922 career tackles.
  • QB Nick Foles completed 19-of-28 passes for 197 yards, 2.0 sacks and his first interception of the season for a passer rating of 73.1.
  • WR Kenny Britt registered his first 100 yard receiving game of the season, hauling in seven passes for 102 yards.
  • Marked Britt’s third 100 yard receiving game as a Ram and was his second-highest total in catches as a Ram. Britt’s single-game high in catches as a Ram is nine, vs. New York Giants (12/21/14). Marked Britt’s tenth 100 yard game of his career.
  • Rookie RB Todd Gurley made his NFL debut. Gurley had six carries for nine yards.
  • CB Janoris Jenkins nabbed his first interception of the season off QB Ben Roethlisberger. Marked Jenkins’ eighth career interception. Jenkins’ last interception was at San Diego (11/23/14).
  • LB Alec Ogletree notched his first sack of the season on Roethlisberger for a loss of nine yards. Ogletree’s last sack was vs. Tampa Bay (12/22/13).
  • Ogletree added a second sack on Steelers QB Mike Vick. Marked his first multi-sack game of his career.
  • DT Aaron Donald sacked Roethlisberger for an 8-yard loss. Donald has posted at least a half sack in the last four games dating back to Week 17 of the 2014 season.
  • S Mark Barron sacked Roethlisberger for a 6-yard loss. Marked Barron’s fourth sack as a Ram, and his sixth career sack.
  • The last time Roethlisberger had been sacked at least three times in a game was at Tennessee (11/14/14).
  • DE Robert Quinn sacked Steelers QB Mike Vick and caused him to fumble. The ball was recovered by Pittsburgh.
  • The Rams defense has 158 sacks since 2012 which leading into today’s contest was the most in the NFL in that time frame.
  • According to press box statistics, Ogletree and Jenkins split the lead in tackles with nine each.
  • K Greg Zuerlein converted field goals of 49 and 27 yards. Zuerlein has now converted 78-of-93 career field goals, 18 have been in the 40-yard range. Zuerlein is five-for-five on his field conversions this season.
  • P Johnny Hekker punted four times for 170 yards, a 42.5-yard average and 42.5-yard net. Hekker placed two punts inside the 20-yard line and had a long of 50 yards.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The RAMS play with TOO SMALL OF A MARGIN OF ERROR. Most other good teams can shake off a dropped ball or dropped INT. and maybe even an untimely penalty. Our teams whole mindset is to play things TOO CLOSE TO THE VEST. With a young team and I hear you screaming out their , we can NEVER seem to overcome those things that Winning teams just line up and get it done the next play.

We started the season with a little more ability to keep fighting and it paid off. Out coached in scheme in second week along with effort. If Barron had not tripped today it might not have been as close. I close with repeating my Main thought that encompasses the 2015 RAMS "WE PLAY THIS GAME WITH TOO SMALL OF A MARGIN OF ERROR". Young OL needs a full year with full health and learn to block the backside when zone blocking. Our big mauling OL zone blocking and not very well.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Maybe our problem is, we're comparing them to good teams when we're trying to analyze what went wrong and what we need to do. I'm accepting the fact that we're not a good team. Our guys are not as good as their guys.

We got plenty of excuses. I hear Kendricks said he lost that ball in the lights. Add that to the list of excuses. I'm sure their legit excuses. But the fact is, good teams make those plays bad teams don't. And we don't make those plays. Simple as that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"WE PLAY THIS GAME WITH TOO SMALL OF A MARGIN OF ERROR".

That is a fair way to put it. The offense, right now, hasn't proven to be explosive enough to pull away in a game.