Rams vs. Seahawks Postgame Notes (9-13-15)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The St. Louis Rams beat the Seattle Seahawks 34-31, in overtime, in their 2015 season home opener. The Rams are now 8-4 in Week 1 contests at the Edward Jones Dome.

Coach Fisher is 3-1 against the Seahawks at the Edward Jones Dome in his St. Louis Rams head coaching career.

The last time the Rams won an overtime contest at the Edward Jones Dome was against the San Francisco 49ers on December 12, 2012. The winning score was also off a K Greg Zuerlein field goal conversion, which went for 54 yards.

QB Nick Foles made his Rams regular season debut and completed 18-of-27 passes for 297 yards and one touchdown for a passer rating of 115.8. Foles scrambled 1-yard for his first touchdown as a Ram.

Foles record as a starter is now 15-4 over the last two seasons.

WR Tavon Austin rushed 11 yards into the endzone for the Rams’ first touchdown of the season. Marked Austin’s eighth offensive touchdown of his career, and 10th total.

Austin notched a 75-yard punt return to increase his career touchdown total to 11 (four receiving, four rushing, and three punt returns).

TE Lance Kendricks hauled in a 37-yard touchdown pass from Foles. Marked Kendricks’ 14th touchdown reception of his career.

TE Jared Cook led the team in receiving yards with 85 yards on five receptions, including a long of 30 yards.

RB Benny Cunningham got his third start of his career and led the team in rushing with 16 rushes for 45 yards. Cunningham also logged four receptions for 77 yards to total 122 yards from scrimmage on 20 offensive touches to establish a new personal high.

DT Aaron Donald sacked Seattle QB Russell Wilson two times to bump his career sack total to 11.
Donald added a second sack on Wilson for a loss of four yards. In three games against the Seahawks, Donald has 4.0 sacks.Marked Donald’s first multi-sack game of his career.

The Rams have sacked Wilson 31 times in seven games since he joined the league in 2012, the most of any team in the NFL during that time span.

CB Trumaine Johnson nabbed his first interception of the season off Wilson and returned it 15 yards. Marked Johnson’s 9th career interception, and second time he’s picked off Wilson.

CB Lamarcus Joyner sacked Wilson for a 10-yard loss. Marked his second career sack. His first sack was the last game of the 2014 season, also on Wilson.

DE Robert Quinn sacked Wilson two times. Quinn now has 47.0 career sacks. Quinn now has 11 career multi-sack games.

DE Eugene Sims sacked Wilson for a seven yard loss.

The last time the Rams sacked Wilson at least six times was October 28, 2013, in a contest at the Edward Jones Dome when the Rams tallied seven sacks.

According to press box statistics, Donald led the team in tackles with 9.0, five solo.

K Greg Zuerlein converted field goals of 33 and 37 yards. For his career, Zuerlein is 26-of-30 in the 30-yard range, and 75-of- 91 total.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Wilson was referring to the Rams when he tweeted 1-0. :cool:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The St. Louis Rams beat the Seattle Seahawks 34-31, in overtime, in their 2015 season home opener. The Rams are now 8-4 in Week 1 contests at the Edward Jones Dome.

Coach Fisher is 3-1 against the Seahawks at the Edward Jones Dome in his St. Louis Rams head coaching career.

The last time the Rams won an overtime contest at the Edward Jones Dome was against the San Francisco 49ers on December 12, 2012. The winning score was also off a K Greg Zuerlein field goal conversion, which went for 54 yards.

QB Nick Foles made his Rams regular season debut and completed 18-of-27 passes for 297 yards and one touchdown for a passer rating of 115.8. Foles scrambled 1-yard for his first touchdown as a Ram.

Foles record as a starter is now 15-4 over the last two seasons.

WR Tavon Austin rushed 11 yards into the endzone for the Rams’ first touchdown of the season. Marked Austin’s eighth offensive touchdown of his career, and 10th total.

Austin notched a 75-yard punt return to increase his career touchdown total to 11 (four receiving, four rushing, and three punt returns).

TE Lance Kendricks hauled in a 37-yard touchdown pass from Foles. Marked Kendricks’ 14th touchdown reception of his career.

TE Jared Cook led the team in receiving yards with 85 yards on five receptions, including a long of 30 yards.

RB Benny Cunningham got his third start of his career and led the team in rushing with 16 rushes for 45 yards. Cunningham also logged four receptions for 77 yards to total 122 yards from scrimmage on 20 offensive touches to establish a new personal high.

DT Aaron Donald sacked Seattle QB Russell Wilson two times to bump his career sack total to 11.
Donald added a second sack on Wilson for a loss of four yards. In three games against the Seahawks, Donald has 4.0 sacks.Marked Donald’s first multi-sack game of his career.

The Rams have sacked Wilson 31 times in seven games since he joined the league in 2012, the most of any team in the NFL during that time span.

CB Trumaine Johnson nabbed his first interception of the season off Wilson and returned it 15 yards. Marked Johnson’s 9th career interception, and second time he’s picked off Wilson.

CB Lamarcus Joyner sacked Wilson for a 10-yard loss. Marked his second career sack. His first sack was the last game of the 2014 season, also on Wilson.

DE Robert Quinn sacked Wilson two times. Quinn now has 47.0 career sacks. Quinn now has 11 career multi-sack games.

DE Eugene Sims sacked Wilson for a seven yard loss.

The last time the Rams sacked Wilson at least six times was October 28, 2013, in a contest at the Edward Jones Dome when the Rams tallied seven sacks.

According to press box statistics, Donald led the team in tackles with 9.0, five solo.

K Greg Zuerlein converted field goals of 33 and 37 yards. For his career, Zuerlein is 26-of-30 in the 30-yard range, and 75-of- 91 total.

You know, there are some fantastic things in there, none better than us winning an ugly game. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of beauty in there, but to win that game, against that team, with the late mistakes we made. Something we always talk about, we overcame the bad shit, and that hopefully goes a long way towards us turning the corner.

Man, did Tavon look fast today, or what?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey, I had to leave...In my car, on westwood 1, I heard how we were in position after a great play from Foles to Benny...some type of shovel pass...Then I heard how Pead was having a great run, then fumbled...I turned the radio OFF, and started working....I had to sneak and turn the radio back on, and heard Foles threw to a wide open Kendricks (announcer said Cook at first!) and that we tied the score...If we don't get Foles killed, we may just have something in this kid....Great win...Missed the OT....So I'll watch the game later tonight..and Savior being in first place!!!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
...and so it begins!

standings.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two stats of the game for me and I think they're related.

Three drives of 80+ yards for touchdowns.

Four penalties for 30 yards (and one was that garbage roughing the passer on Quinn)

Those two stats don't happen if the OLine isn't doing it's job and Cig isn't being creative enough in his play calling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I'd like to point out how effing impressive this is...

It's been said by notable GMs that the hardest thing to find in this league is a pass rushing interior DL. Rams not only have a great one, but they have one that also racks up 9 tackles with 5 of them solo in a divisional opener to go along with his 2 sacks and also to cap a rookie season that saw him notch crazy sack totals and a Pro Bowl berth? ARE YOU KIDDIN ME?

We are seeing greatness dudes. What is this guy's ceiling?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'd like to point out how effing impressive this is...

It's been said by notable GMs that the hardest thing to find in this league is a pass rushing interior DL. Rams not only have a great one, but they have one that also racks up 9 tackles with 5 of them solo in a divisional opener to go along with his 2 sacks and also to cap a rookie season that saw him notch crazy sack totals and a Pro Bowl berth? ARE YOU KIDDIN ME?

We are seeing greatness dudes. What is this guy's ceiling?

...and you even forgot DROY. THAT'S how good!(y)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
how about fisher saying they werent showing anything in preseason? damn, he was right. Cook now becomes very important as a receiver, 1. Foles can depend on him, 2. Quick's injury. Cook was open the whole game. he starts exploited the linebackers downfield, the running game will improve exponentially. (can't wait to see todd gurley now) and tre mason for that matter.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Actually, the Rams won in overtime against the 9ers on December 2nd, 2012- not December 12. Special game for me cause my daughter was born a few hours later. I was sweating DOUBLE bullets that day!!!

Last edited: