Rams vs Ravens SNAP COUNT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Yeah this team is interesting right now.

They're not as good in the pass game as I expected. I think some of that has been the loss of Woody and the working some other guys in, as well as Stafford learning and pressing, and protections needing work too. But either way end result is this offense has too much risk in throwing it to be considered an elite passing game.

BUT... Strangely enough with the stoutness of the run game and how well these guys up front are moving defenders they might be better suited to survive in the playoffs this time around.

Also the defense playing well is a big deal. And it magnifies having a quick strike type QB who can get hot at the end of the game too. As long as said QB can limit those turnovers in these playoffs things might really align for us.
The running game is the key to a championship imo. With tough as nails Sony Michel, and Cam coming back, we might have a power running game good enough to force defenses to load the box, and still not stop it. Then we would have play action all day.

McVay won't say so in public but he must realize that it's essential not to put the whole weight of the offense on Stafford.

Run the ball until the defense really doesn't know what we're going to do. Pummel the defense with physical runs. Move the chains. Then pick the best spots for play action with our best designed downfield plays-- McVay always seems to have a few in his pocket for the second half. Then let Stafford light it up.

Will McVay adopt some form of this strategy? I would have said no a few weeks ago but now it's maybe. I hope so. He's moving in that direction.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting to see Skow's snaps climb. Nothing against Van, but I do like having a big, strong WR in the lineup.

As for Gaines, what a fucking warrior. Man, his ascension during the second half of this season has supercharged our DL rotation. With ARob and SJD coming back, and AD continuing to be AD I really like what we have on the frontline going into the postseason.

Don’t know where you have been ? A Robinson had 40 plus snaps & has been on the field all season basically?
SJD69 was playing at a high level.

Last season Greg Freakin Gaines alternated with Morgan & those 2 made plays.The Rams defensive front has been excellent.

Henderson doesn’t get enough credit of how good he is. AD99 has(had) a bigger than life projection photo of him on his wall.Don’t know if it was a Clay Matthews wall thing type ?
He has come a long way from playing next to smart.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wonder if it's just because they felt their run game matched up better with the 11 personnel formations against this particular opponent?
Because they ran effectively, to me.

Once agin look at the numbers.

I don’t know what some are watching,but Sony had a easy TD thanks to a TD & 2 WR’s at the goal line.

Tano

Legend
I think I have 1 active user ignored and it's funny I'll see you quote him sometimes and be like wtf is Merlin talking about? A couple users who aren't active anymore from the relocation saga one from each side of it were just annoying as all hell.

Most of the Goff/Stafford talk doesn't bother me, though there are a couple that won't ever stop bringing Goff up one good one bad. The only people that bother me are the couple people that always talk bad about him in the GDT or other threads then complain when other people bring him up. It's like wait you bring him up a lot but others can't?
I mostly only bring up Goff when others bring him up first and I am responding

I promise from now on I will not bring up Goff unless someone else puts him down first

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Don’t know where you have been ? A Robinson had 40 plus snaps & has been on the field all season basically?
SJD69 was playing at a high level.

Last season Greg Freakin Gaines alternated with Morgan & those 2 made plays.The Rams defensive front has been excellent.

Henderson doesn’t get enough credit of how good he is. AD99 has(had) a bigger than life projection photo of him on his wall.Don’t know if it was a Clay Matthews wall thing type ?
He has come a long way from playing next to smart.
I meant with "ARob already being there and SJD coming back" ... should have written it more gooder.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The running game is the key to a championship imo. With tough as nails Sony Michel, and Cam coming back, we might have a power running game good enough to force defenses to load the box, and still not stop it. Then we would have play action all day.

McVay won't say so in public but he must realize that it's essential not to put the whole weight of the offense on Stafford.

Run the ball until the defense really doesn't know what we're going to do. Pummel the defense with physical runs. Move the chains. Then pick the best spots for play action with our best designed downfield plays-- McVay always seems to have a few in his pocket for the second half. Then let Stafford light it up.

Will McVay adopt some form of this strategy? I would have said no a few weeks ago but now it's maybe. I hope so. He's moving in that direction.
Agreed. You gotta be balanced in the playoffs IMO and this year we might have enough balance.

That said I do think at some point the whole weight of the offense is going to have to be on Stafford. Just like it was yesterday on that last drive. No matter how you slice this thing he's gonna be in situations in the playoffs where he's gonna have to make plays for us to advance. And he'll make them or he won't.

He's got this year's playoffs and next year's basically. In these two looks he has to produce. So I imagine there's a ton of pressure on him because his legacy is up in the air here. He has to feel that. Nice thing is he's not by himself with this team. Just keep working and learning and lean on that great ground game when you need to. It'll be enough this year or it won't. We'll see. But I am definitely rejuvenated by this run game and defense of late and excited for our chances in the playoffs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think that’s where Detroit she’ll shock and panic come in. If the Rams go down two scores early Stafford seems to think he has to catch up fast instead of relying on the defense.

Every game where he made big mistakes would look entirely different if you take away the opponents defensive scores. The defense held the Ravens to four field goals. Minnesota had one without help from a turnover, didn’t they? He’s gotta get that pounded into his brain.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Agreed. You gotta be balanced in the playoffs IMO and this year we might have enough balance.

That said I do think at some point the whole weight of the offense is going to have to be on Stafford. Just like it was yesterday on that last drive. No matter how you slice this thing he's gonna be in situations in the playoffs where he's gonna have to make plays for us to advance. And he'll make them or he won't.

He's got this year's playoffs and next year's basically. In these two looks he has to produce. So I imagine there's a ton of pressure on him because his legacy is up in the air here. He has to feel that. Nice thing is he's not by himself with this team. Just keep working and learning and lean on that great ground game when you need to. It'll be enough this year or it won't. We'll see. But I am definitely rejuvenated by this run game and defense of late and excited for our chances in the playoffs.
Yes it will still fall on Stafford at some point. And no doubt he is feeling some pressure. But imo whether we can make a deep playoff run is now first of all up to McVay.

Key imo is to let the game come to Stafford more not force it.

We can do that now because for the first time we now have both the defense playing really tough and a strong running game, with Akers as a wild card positive. McVay can and should now be more patient and balanced. Get Stafford's head in the game before turning him loose. Then let him take the downfield shots.

If we need Stafford to win the game at the end he can and will. And we have the horses-- Kupp, Beckham, Michel, and a powerful D-- to do it. Just don't lose the game first with forced early plays and mistakes.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind folks that there's no 2 TE sets with Blanton only seeing 3 snaps and Hopkins on the no show list, AGAIN
Skow isnt taking snaps away from Jefferson as much as he's going to be in on running plays for sure. Jefferson is having an awesome year for a WR3 with nearly 800 yards, 48 catches and 6 TD. OBJ is taking snaps away from Van the man, not my boy Skow

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Keep in mind folks that there's no 2 TE sets with Blanton only seeing 3 snaps and Hopkins on the no show list, AGAIN
Skow isnt taking snaps away from Jefferson as much as he's going to be in on running plays for sure. Jefferson is having an awesome year for a WR3 with nearly 800 yards, 48 catches and 6 TD. OBJ is taking snaps away from Van the man, not my boy Skow
Skow seemed to take Van's snaps on the last drive, but as others have pointed out, he got kinda run over by Sony on his TD run. No injury designation doesn't mean he didn't take a shot that effectively took him out of the game.