Rams vs. Ravens Preseason Primer: 4 Topics To Watch 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

Who Will Play and How Much?

Last preseason, St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher – unlike the vast majority of other teams – utilized game four of the exhibition slate as a dress rehearsal.

Up until a few days ago, it was expected that the Rams would again institute that approach to close out the preseason. However, Fisher left doubt in that regard earlier this week and seemed to suggest that at least some of the team’s likely starters might sit out and/or play minimum snaps.

“We’re evaluating it right now,” Fisher said. “We’re going to play the guys that need to play. We’re going to let them play, and then if we feel guys have had adequate snaps throughout the preseason, we may back down a little bit.”

If several Rams starters indeed see reduced playing time, it will serve to give bubble players more extensive time to make a final impression in hopes of earning a roster spot or a practice squad designation.

Fisher has been a bit coy on what is to come tonight after being asked how much the projected starters will play.

“We’re going to make some adjustments,” Fisher said, “so that’s really all I can say.”

Bubble Watch

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/29/rams-vs-ravens-preseason-primer-four-topics-watch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/29/ram ... ics-watch/</a>

nighttrain

Legend
Re: Rams vs. Ravens Preseason Primer: 4 Topics To Watch 101E

myself, i'd like to see a lot of Quick and Pead, see what we have. DR looked like he might be able to carry the load off last season, but Pead has the greater talent of the two, to me at least. Good stuff Shane
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Shane, has anyone asked him why he does it that way (or DID it that way)? Seems like playing his rookies against other team's starters in game 3, and his starters against other team's rookies in game 4 is a bass ackwards way of evaluating how up to speed everyone is.

sent via Tapatalk.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

X said:
Shane, has anyone asked him why he does it that way (or DID it that way)? Seems like playing his rookies against other team's starters in game 3, and his starters against other team's rookies in game 4 is a bass ackwards way of evaluating how up to speed everyone is.

sent via Tapatalk.

Its possible that he did things differently last year because he needed more of a look at the roster overall. Maybe this year he can adjust it a little bit because he is familiar with a lot more of the players. That's just my guess.......

How many days until a real football game is played LOL. This off season seems longer than usual.