Rams vs. Packers: Preseason Primer w/ 4 Points (101 ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

Vanilla Approach Remains

Last week, the St. Louis Rams opened the exhibition slate with a road loss to the Cleveland Browns. The Rams didn’t do much game planning and entered the action with a very basic attack.

Quarterback Sam Bradford summed up the aforementioned approach quite succinctly.

“Last week we were extremely vanilla,” Bradford said.

In week two, Rams fans can expect more of the same against the Green Bay Packers.

“We’ll do a few more things, I think, and add a few things,” head coach Jeff Fisher said this week. “But, still again, our focus is on the opener and the early-season opponents. So, the less we show in preseason, sometimes the more productive you are.”

Bradford echoed similar sentiments regarding the anticipated plan of attack.

“… I’d imagine we’re going to keep it pretty simple …,” he said. “I’d imagine that we might throw in a few more plays, but I doubt we’re going to show a whole lot of new wrinkles.”

According to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, the utilization of the entire playbook in practice is going a long way toward preparing his unit for the coming campaign.

(Hope you all enjoy the full piece below):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/16/preseason-primer-green-bay-packers-at-st-louis-rams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/16/pre ... ouis-rams/</a>

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: Rams vs. Packers: Preseason Primer w/ 4 Points (101 ESPN

Up to your usual standards Shane.

Do you have any insight on why the DBs are allowing such a big cushion to the opposing WRs? Do you expect that to continue this week?

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Rams vs. Packers: Preseason Primer w/ 4 Points (101 ESPN

albefree69 said:
Up to your usual standards Shane.

Do you have any insight on why the DBs are allowing such a big cushion to the opposing WRs? Do you expect that to continue this week?

Thank you big time my friend.

As for that, the Rams are just playing it extremely basic. I think that, as the preseason goes on, we will see them mix in more coverages including playing some tighter bump and run type man some.