Rams vs. Cowboys Postgame Notes (9-21-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Rams vs. Cowboys Postgame Notes (9-21-14)
Rams_logo_svg.png
Rams vs. Cowboys
Postgame Notes
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Edward Jones Dome
dallas-cowboys.gif

• The Rams fell to the Cowboys, 24-27. Today’s game marked the 24th contest between the Rams and the Cowboys.
  • QB Austin Davis completed 30-of-42 passes for 327 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions for a passer rating of 98.0.
  • Davis completed 6-of-7 passes for 40 yards with one touchdown pass for the opening drive. His 51-yard completion to Quick is the longest of his NFL career.
  • Davis has led scoring drives to start the game in his two consecutive starts.
  • RB Zac Stacy rushed 12 times for 67 yards and tallied five receptions for 54 yards for a total of 121 offensive yards. Stacy’s 54 receiving yards is a new personal best. His previous single game high was 51 yards vs. Tennessee (11/3/13).
  • TE Lance Kendricks hauled in his first touchdown pass of the season on a 1-yard reception from Davis on the opening drive. Kendricks now has nine career touchdowns.
  • WR Brian Quick notched his first touchdown of the season (fifth career) on a 51-yard reception from Davis. Marks the longest offensive play of the season for the Rams.
  • WR Austin Pettis registered a 4-yard touchdown reception from Davis. Marks his first touchdown of the season, ninth career.
  • RB Trey Watts tallied his first NFL carry for four yards. Watts finished with five carries for 24 yards.
  • CB Janoris Jenkins picked off QB Tony Romo’s pass intended for WR Dez Bryant and returned it 25 yards for a touchdown. Marks Jenkins’ first interception of the season, sixth career and fourth for a touchdown.
  • Jenkins now has five career defensive scores (four off interceptions and one off of a fumble recovery).
  • Jenkins’ last interception returned for a touchdown was during his rookie year at Tampa Bay (12/23/12). The Rams’ last defensive touchdown was LB Alec Ogletree at Houston (10/13/13).
  • LB Alec Ogletree forced Dallas RB DeMarco Murray to fumble. The fumble was recovered by S Cody Davis at the St. Louis 35-yard line. Marks the first forced fumble and fumble recovery of the season.
  • Ogletree led the team in tackles with 13 (10 solo), according to press box statistics.
  • Rams’ defense limited Dallas RB DeMarco Murray to 40 yards on 10 rushes in the first half. His lowest total since Minnesota limited him to 31 yards (11/3/13).
  • K Greg Zuerlein converted a 28-yard field goal attempts. Zuerlein is now 7-of-8 in field goal attempts this season.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The final score is wrong.
You would not beleive the number of errors the Rams PR office puts out. I's almost a weekly thing. Oh well, they keep the same PR people. Must not be important to them. But I make tons of typos so I cannot really criticize.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You would not beleive the number of errors the Rams PR office puts out. I's almost a weekly thing. Oh well, they keep the same PR people. Must not be important to them. But I make tons of typos so I cannot really criticize.
So do I.
I rarely get a couple of sentences out without a mistake. I may have more edits then posts.

Alan

Legend
The difference is, ours are typos and theirs are mistakes. Plus they're getting paid to do it.

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram aghast:
Seriously. Geez. That's bad.
It's a sad commentary but I see that everywhere now. There's not a writer anywhere on the net who knows the meaning of proof read or edit. I blame it in large part on twitter. Twitter has made not being able to spell and atrocious English acceptable. What really bothers me though is the lack of pride the writers have in their work. I'd be embarrassed were it me.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, I understood everything they wrote.

Rambition

Rookie
It's a sad commentary but I see that everywhere now. There's not a writer anywhere on the net who knows the meaning of proof read or edit. I blame it in large part on twitter. Twitter has made not being able to spell and atrocious English acceptable. What really bothers me though is the lack of pride the writers have in their work. I'd be embarrassed were it me.
like i always say...twitter is for twits :D