Rams vs Chiefs - Superbowl 58 - Per Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well… this settles it. See you Feb 11, 2024…

‘We’re going to beat them in the Super Bowl next year.'”​

Stafford’s wife, Kelly, revealed as much in a recent episode of her podcast “The Morning After with Kelly Stafford.” She shared the Rams QB’s thoughts after watching the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LVII, highlighting the promise of her husband to beat the Chiefs in 2023.

“We did end up going to Coach [Sean] McVay’s house for the last part of the [Super Bowl] game, and you could see the hunger. Going into this season, there wasn’t that hunger. It was kind of like, ‘Oh gosh, here we go again,'” Kelly detailed.

“We left that house, and Matthew’s like ‘We’re going to beat them in the Super Bowl next year.'”

Now that is certainly what Rams fans would want to hear from Matthew Stafford as they gear up for another season. There are plenty of things that went wrong for the team in 2022, but now that it’s all over, all LA can do is move on and make sure to bounce back come 2023.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
49’ers be like… But, but, but… if we could carry 6 QB’s we go to the Superbowl.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Oh hell yeah I'm digging Staffs mindset. It's exactly what you want to hear. Is it September yet?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So "there wasn't that hunger going into 2022"? Truthfully, I don't buy it. Lack of hunger doesn't create injuries.

If it were "lack of hunger" that falls on our head coach and team leaders. So a statement like that seems more like a poor excuse.

It's lame, giving confirmation to the proverbial Superbowl hangover which doesn't typically happen to the SB winner. They rarely repeat but they also rarely drop like a lead balloon.

It seems like "we can't use injuries as an excuse, that's taboo. So we'll call it lack of hunger", which to me, is worse.

Having said that, just do what you have to do to erase that disappointment that was 2022.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well Stafford can start by entering the season playing well and winning us a ton of games. Instead of being up and down game to game and looking like shit half the time. And yes I realize the protections were garbage. But it starts with the QB.

But I am glad to hear he's hungry this year. Good sign.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Stafford can start by entering the season playing well and winning us a ton of games. Instead of being up and down game to game and looking like shit half the time. And yes I realize the protections were garbage. But it starts with the QB.

But I am glad to hear he's hungry this year. Good sign.
Naw, it starts with not getting killed when trying to drop back in McVay's offense. We'd all look like shyte with 300 lb plus monsters going by Brian Allen like turnstyle and Von Miller beating the tackle....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh yeah. Even as a fan I can feel it. Rams are completely off the radar. This is going to be a fun year pissing into the bowl of media Cheerios.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, let's see what the Offensive Line looks like on September Morn because right now I don't care who is healthy the roster is not ready so changes must be made.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, let's see what the Offensive Line looks like on September Morn because right now I don't care who is healthy the roster is not ready so changes must be made.
I wonder how closely teams are watching the XFL for players they could poach, or are these the picked over scout team rejects? I hope the Rams are watching the Olines for talent.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
G/C in the draft and a FA LT would probably stabilize it. But I think easier said than done given their draft position and lack of cap space...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
G/C in the draft and a FA LT would probably stabilize it. But I think easier said than done given their draft position and lack of cap space...
Well, they have to do something and need to get creative so I expect a couple of moves even if you sign some value guys like George Fant (Jets) & Aaron Brewer (Titans) for example.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Is there a free agent Left Tackle you have in mind that's manageable for the Rams' anticipated cap situation?

I have thrown-out the Eagles' Andre Dillard, in part, because he can also play inside.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is there a free agent Left Tackle you have in mind that's manageable for the Rams' anticipated cap situation?

I have thrown-out the Eagles' Andre Dillard, in part, because he can also play inside.
George Fant (Jets) will be a bargain and Isiah Wynn Patriots looking at 15 million there as a possibility too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
George Fant (Jets) will be a bargain and Isiah Wynn Patriots looking at 15 million there as a possibility too.
Was never a fan of Fant when he was in Seattle, or watching him here in NYC with the Jets.

I loved Isaiah Wynn coming-out of college but didn't seem to have a strong career in new England. If he is looking for an annual-average-value of $15M, could you see the Rams as being in play? Not sure I can.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Was never a fan of Fant when he was in Seattle, or watching him here in NYC with the Jets.

I loved Isaiah Wynn coming-out of college but didn't seem to have a strong career in new England. If he is looking for an annual-average-value of $15M, could you see the Rams as being in play? Not sure I can.
There are options, but you might have to take a chance. IMO, I would look to draft a LT and sign a guard which is better from fiscal standpoint. Plenty of interior available, but Wynn is 26 so I'm looking for younger guys and like you communicated Dillard would be a great option, but that has been posted over & over again.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

No, that was just a recognition of the need. Not sure who or where they go to get it...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah - I’m not a Fan of hers.She can Talk all she wants about her feelings & Mcvays. Don’t take much from it all.
I agree last offseason made Mcvay wonder about what LIFE has in store for him in SO MANY Ways.
The support he had around him changed once again. Funny to think maybe he was going into having abandonment issues ? There was a Handful of things going on & he never got that time to enjoy himself.